KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

So vhen i boot i just need to write -v???but why is dvd rom turned off?

When you boot into OS X you are always asked if you want to specify boot options, click a key or something. At the boot prompt type

-v

Then press return/enter.

This boots Darwin in VERBOSE mode (means show me what you are doing step by step so I can see what fails).

Are you booting with -v so you can see what fails?er, sorry I cant remember what you are doing exactly...this is just to boot the install DVD right? If so, try re-burning the DVD at like 4x speed.I could be wrong, but i think Kalyway Leopard is 64bit. Core Duo CPUs are 32bit chips...Could that be the problem? To be honest, I dont remember reading anyone in the first 60 pages using an old Core Duo.... i only recall Pentium IV, Core 2 duo, and Pentium Ds...How come people don't post the facts needed to get help?For example, you really need to post the motherboard information or how about booting with -v and providing the details for the failure?

Good luck!

Well..... core duo is good :D i dont know but is pentium 4 not also 32 bit ? lol.. then it must be unimportant if its 64bit or not :X

lol

lets hope for the best.. ;) plz help!

Sorry newbmac i will explain have installed mac os on the drive the boot loader appears to work. i get no error message just a reboot.

when i boot with -v (no dvd in drive)

i get this

loading darwin/x86

loading kernel mach_kernel

loading hfs+ file:[mach_kernel] from 422d2f0

loaddrivers: loading from [/system/library/extensions.mkext]

loading hfs+ file:[/system/library/extensions.mkext]from 422d2f0

efi enhanced bootloader build: toh

using smbios table found at 0x000f13e0

using acpi rsdp revision 2 found at 0x000f7b00

starting darwin/x86

then it reboots

so have installed it fine can't get it to boot

any idea thanks again

OK, i need some help here. I installed this version for the first time ever on my machine (Vista/OSX dual-boot) and everything went fine but afterwards Vista wasn't bootable, so i fixed it with Vista DVD. Then i lost apple's boot loader and entered Vista, downloaded EasyBCD and it says:

"An entry for your OSX installation has been successfully added to the Vista bootloader.

However, in order to use the Vista bootloader to boot OSX, you'll have to first get a copy of /usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi from OSX, and save it as C:/NST/nst_mac.efi in Windows Vista."

Where can i find that file, and will that set Vista/OSX dual-boot like it should (both of them)?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry newbmac i will explain have installed mac os on the drive the boot loader appears to work. i get no error message just a reboot.

when i boot with -v (no dvd in drive)

i get this

loading darwin/x86

loading kernel mach_kernel

loaddrivers: loading from [/system/library/extensions.mkext]

efi enhanced bootloader build: toh

using smbios table found at 0x000f13e0

using acpi rsdp revision 2 found at 0x000f7b00

starting darwin/x86

then it reboots

so have installed it fine can't get it to boot

any idea thanks again

yeah, i also ahve this problem. Exactly the same text after -v command (xcept for some adresses: 422d500, 0x000f0be0, and mines revision 0 at 0x000f7010

but yeah all it does is reboot... did u use GUID or MBR formatting?

OK, i need some help here. I installed this version for the first time ever on my machine (Vista/OSX dual-boot) and everything went fine but afterwards Vista wasn't bootable, so i fixed it with Vista DVD. Then i lost apple's boot loader and entered Vista, downloaded EasyBCD and it says:

"An entry for your OSX installation has been successfully added to the Vista bootloader.

However, in order to use the Vista bootloader to boot OSX, you'll have to first get a copy of /usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi from OSX, and save it as C:/NST/nst_mac.efi in Windows Vista."

Where can i find that file, and will that set Vista/OSX dual-boot like it should (both of them)?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using EasyBCD too, but it never asked me to do that. I think your Leopard partition may be broken. You could try to boot with the kalyway DVD again, open a terminal and see if you can still access the partition. If so, you can get that file and put it on a USB stick or something. Then boot Vista and put the file in C:\NST\.

Ok so can I download this from this site or do I have to search for it on bit torrent?

You can not download the file from this site.

Hello I have a Big problem installing Leopard 10.5.1I have tried Installing it as it's mentioned, In fact I have tried all version from 10.4.5 to 10.5.1The problem is "Still Waiting for root device"What shall I do to install it. Is SATA HDD Compatible?Pl. help me out. Its a latest config. system. Do I need some patches for my HDD or Motherboard. I m trying it for the last 2 weeks. Help me out please!!!My system config:Intel Core 2 Duo 2666 MHzMotherboard : Intel Frostburg DG33FB Effective Clock :1333 MHzRAM : Clock 400 MHz DDR2 SDRAMHDD: Hitachi HDS721616PLA380Sony DVD CD/RW : SONY DVD RW AW-Q170AHello I have a Big problem installing Leopard 10.5.1I have tried Installing it as it's mentioned, In fact I have tried all version from 10.4.5 to 10.5.1The problem is "Still Waiting for root device"What shall I do to install it. Is SATA HDD Compatible?Pl. help me out. Its a latest config. system. Do I need some patches for my HDD or Motherboard. I m trying it for the last 2 weeks. Help me out please!!!My system config:Intel Core 2 Duo 2666 MHzMotherboard : Intel Frostburg DG33FB Effective Clock :1333 MHzRAM : Clock 400 MHz DDR2 SDRAMHDD: Hitachi HDS721616PLA380Sony DVD CD/RW : SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A

Hello I have a Big problem installing Leopard 10.5.1I have tried Installing it as it's mentioned, In fact I have tried all version from 10.4.5 to 10.5.1The problem is "Still Waiting for root device"What shall I do to install it. Is SATA HDD Compatible?Pl. help me out. Its a latest config. system. Do I need some patches for my HDD or Motherboard. I m trying it for the last 2 weeks. Help me out please!!!My system config:Intel Core 2 Duo 2666 MHzMotherboard : Intel Frostburg DG33FB Effective Clock :1333 MHzRAM : Clock 400 MHz DDR2 SDRAMHDD: Hitachi HDS721616PLA380Sony DVD CD/RW : SONY DVD RW AW-Q170AHello I have a Big problem installing Leopard 10.5.1I have tried Installing it as it's mentioned, In fact I have tried all version from 10.4.5 to 10.5.1The problem is "Still Waiting for root device"What shall I do to install it. Is SATA HDD Compatible?Pl. help me out. Its a latest config. system. Do I need some patches for my HDD or Motherboard. I m trying it for the last 2 weeks. Help me out please!!!My system config:Intel Core 2 Duo 2666 MHzMotherboard : Intel Frostburg DG33FB Effective Clock :1333 MHzRAM : Clock 400 MHz DDR2 SDRAMHDD: Hitachi HDS721616PLA380Sony DVD CD/RW : SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A

Tell us your BIOS settings. Is your SATA controller set to AHCI?

i can go and buy leopard and install to my hp dv6000 ?

Unless something major has changed then no. I've been outta the loop for a year (deployment) but the OSX86 versions are hacked up pretty good to make sure the OS doesn't look for the Genuine Apple chip that's on board MAC motherboards among other things, even though it still would be good to own a copy for two reasons. 1) It's always good to support the hard work of the software engineers for a well made product and 2) Could save some legal liability incase they try and come after you for piracy

hi to all

some time ago i heave installet 10.4 osx on amd and it worked for some time. (sound isues) i heave changed my pc and now i heave c2d e2140; msi p35-neo and nvidia 7900gt. i heave dl a kalyway 10.5.1 dvd but cant get it to work. dvd boots and then starts to load various kexts. after some time right after system kext screen goes blank adn after a second system restarts. tried with -s but that did not help.

can someone help me with this (rest of hw is maxtor 200gb disk lg sata dvdrw aditional network card on pci slot )

Hi, I'm new to this but not too noobish, managed to crack the disk myself. My build is:

asus p4s800-mx se mother board

p4 3.0 ghz ht

1.5 gb ram

raidion 9600 pro

ide hdd

ide dvd-rw

i get to just before the apple logo (I know because I've got it working on other pcs) then the pc reboots?

Tried 3 diff bioses now i'm lost

any ideas? is it the ide u guys mention sata a lot, my drive is a veteran but still goes well

I'm using EasyBCD too, but it never asked me to do that. I think your Leopard partition may be broken. You could try to boot with the kalyway DVD again, open a terminal and see if you can still access the partition. If so, you can get that file and put it on a USB stick or something. Then boot Vista and put the file in C:\NST\.

I deleted MAC's partition, wiped it, created back again and formatted as FAT32. Now, every single time i install OSX it makes Vista unbootable. And after i repair Vista, OSX bootloader is then becomes non-existant.

The partitions are: C: Vista // 50GB FAT32 partition for OS // D: NTFS1 // E: NTFS2.

Btw, OSX also always deletes this E: partition, and recognizes my 320GB HDD as 128GB during installation....

How do i make OSX and Vista work in duaL-boot without this problems?

Thanx.

I deleted MAC's partition, wiped it, created back again and formatted as FAT32. Now, every single time i install OSX it makes Vista unbootable. And after i repair Vista, OSX bootloader is then becomes non-existant.

The partitions are: C: Vista // 50GB FAT32 partition for OS // D: NTFS1 // E: NTFS2.

Btw, OSX also always deletes this E: partition, and recognizes my 320GB HDD as 128GB during installation....

How do i make OSX and Vista work in duaL-boot without this problems?

Thanx.

I don't know why your method isn't working, but I'll tell you how I did it.

-Installed Leopard first, at the start of the disk.

-Made a new partition for Vista, after the Leopard partition, and made it active/bootable.

-Installed Vista. After this you can only boot Vista, but you can fix that afterwards.

-Install EasyBCD.

-Use EasyBCD to make an entry for Leopard, in the Mac OS X tab, for "Generic x86 Hardware"

After that it worked for me. There is just the slight issue that the Darwin bootloader will default to booting from my Vista partition so I always have to hit a key and select my Leopard partition. It's not a big deal though, and I don't have to reboot that often anyway.

After several attempts with the Kalyway 10.5.1 install, I've had no success. I keep running into the reboot loop.

MSI 945GM3 Mobo

P4 3.2

1 gig RAM

Seagate 320 gig Sata HD set to MBR

I've tried installing Vanilla Kernel (both options selected) with Realtek audio driver, nvidea inject and mbr efi

I've tried installing without Vanilla Kernel and no drivers.. all end the same way..

Bios settings all match those that are mentioned earlier in this thread with the only exception being the Execute Disable Bit or NX/XD option, as I can't find anything like it in bios options.

I've had ToH installed and working nicely for a while, recently I managed to screw it up... not sure how..... For now I'm going back to ToH.