KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

ok i will try using -v but i´m afraid there wont be any messages at all.

It just reboots! :P

because in an tutorial they said i have to boot the first time with -x -v

and that failed... i just saw the apple "apple" and the white background

then blackscreen rebooting

What parameters you choose when install OS???

Hi Guys,

Well, got Kalyway running except for network and audio - I've looked through the forums and not really found any solutions so I'm posting in the hope that someone can help!

My network card is a Broadcom net extreme 57xx (PCI/14e4&DEV_167A)

My soundcard is a Sigmatel High Definition

I have seen lots of people out there with the same kit but no real answers! Can anyone please help me? no net is a killer and I can't really live without it.

any help gratefully received!

What parameters you choose when install OS???

I tried it several times:

with EFI GUID Bootloader... with EFI MBR Bootloader

with nvidia_laptop drivers (just this one.. no other drivers)

without nvidia_laptop driver

the only way i didnt try is NO Customized installation (no VANILLA KERNEL no ACPI FIX, NO BOOTLOADER) but this wont be a good decision right?!

After I've reached the white Apple screen with the spinning cog, it tells me:

You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power

button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

Help?

Ok newbmac thanks again, but still has the same problem installed with suggested option.

on screen i get

Loading Darwin/x86

EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000f13e0

Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 fond at 0x000f7b00

starting Darwin/x86

then i think a white screen then it reboots i have heard of people booting the system of the cd. i would settle for that however when i do that i get

System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

again thanks newbmac for your help, but i need i little more

I tried installing this on a seperate partition. Like on D:...with XP on C:.

Now I have read in many websites/guides that it is possible so i went on with it since I dont have a seperate HD.

I didnt even get past the FIRST STEP and it messed up my XP partition. Fixed it with alot of difficulty though.

Basically, I ERASED the new partition using the appropriate Mac OS X ext. Journaled Format and named it Leopard. But the Disk Utility failed to MOUNT that partition. And all hell broke after that. It messsed up my xp partition.

You have to set the partition active, you want to install leopard on BEFORE YOU install.

Means: when you join setup, first format the partition with MAC OS Extended (journaled) and then go into terminal and type

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (when the partition you want to install leo on is your first hard disk)

then type print

and then you see a list of all partitions and the partition with an * is the one who is set as active

so if leo should be on the 2nd partition you must type: flag 2

and then type: write

then hit enter

type quit

hit enter

type exit

hit enter

thats it.. then go and install leopard on that partition.

You have to do that because installing leo wont set the partition active you re installing it onto.^^

can anyone plz help me?? I searched and tried for more than a week and still doesn't have any luck to boot from this dvd!! :(

I have a SATA HDD & SATA DVD without any other OS... my mainboard is abit IP35-Pro which use ICH9R...

any idea?? no matter if u put the SATA mode in IDE or AHCI, or which port i connect the DVD Drive or HDD, it doesn't boot right...

the best mode i found is connecting the first sata to DVD Drive and second sata to HDD, and then i get "Still Waiting for Boot Device" in verbos mode...

I've already searched many topics... but most of them had a problem with IDE drives...

Any idea how can i get rid of this error?? i asked in some other topics... but no one answered me... :D

as said before, I'm installing Leo on a Vaio Notebook. I had to remove all nvidia driver 'cause they don't work with GeForce GO 6200, so I'm running Leo with a standard resolution of 1024x768. Anyway everything seems working fine. ;)

What I miss:

- WLAN 802.11 b/g configuration

- 100% working touchpad (touchpad click doesn't work)

- Nvidia driver for GeForce GO 6200 :unsure:

Ok newbmac thanks again, but still has the same problem installed with suggested option.

on screen i get

Loading Darwin/x86

EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000f13e0

Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 fond at 0x000f7b00

starting Darwin/x86

then i think a white screen then it reboots i have heard of people booting the system of the cd. i would settle for that however when i do that i get

System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

again thanks newbmac for your help, but i need i little more

Please help me, anyone here..

After 2 days of having sucessful installation and enjoying my Leopard, it went down today. I think the problem is caused by my Video Card, I tried every driver available but it still doesn't work.

After the Mac loading process, the monitor completely goes blank. My Video Card is Asus 7600GT.

I would really appreciate any help, because I think I'm not the only one who is facing this problem. Please help me as I really want to use Mac Leopard again on my Black PC.

My system: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P (v1.0), E6600 @ 3.2ghz, 8800 GTS 640mb, 4gb ram 1:1 800mhz 5-5-5-12, 300gb MaxlineIII sata drive and Asus Sata Burner.

FINALLY got this thing to install!! I had to use MBR as GUID would not work. I think my disk's firmware may be old. I didn't select any options. So far it locked up on me one time, but I put it to sleep by hitting the power button and it came right back to life. I have the sound working (per some other instructions), Lan worked by default. 8800gts is working great. This thing really screams. It's very snappy, boots super fast - and scores just over 200 on a default run of xbench.

Problems left to figure out: Doesn't shutdown properly (pc never turns off), and when I boot back into my Windows Vista install, the time is way off for some reason. Very promising though so far, and i hope to soon be living my dream of having the best of both worlds on one box.

**edit*** appears to go to sleep properly (automatically and manually)

I have a Dell d620 Laptop with a 945GM chipset, dell 1505 wireless n adapter, everything else built onto the board. it is SSE3...

What options do I have to choose in the boot DVD, and how do I formate GUID or MBR? I am completely lost.

D620 here.

GUID (make sure drive is set to GUID)

Vanilla Kernel

After install grab the AppleHDA Patcher app and the Sigmatel 9200-C file to patch it with.

Also install the newer Power Management bundle that is here on the forums if you want to see battery level, etc. I didn't follow the settings exactly but a little common sense will get it working.

can anyone plz help me?? I searched and tried for more than a week and still doesn't have any luck to boot from this dvd!! :wacko:

I have a SATA HDD & SATA DVD without any other OS... my mainboard is abit IP35-Pro which use ICH9R...

any idea?? no matter if u put the SATA mode in IDE or AHCI, or which port i connect the DVD Drive or HDD, it doesn't boot right...

the best mode i found is connecting the first sata to DVD Drive and second sata to HDD, and then i get "Still Waiting for Boot Device" in verbos mode...

I've already searched many topics... but most of them had a problem with IDE drives...

Any idea how can i get rid of this error?? i asked in some other topics... but no one answered me... :P

Any has any idea for me...? I've seen many people installed leopard in this board!! what's wrong with my settings?? :(

Hey there all, call me stupid, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to unzip and burn this file! I have seen people saying that windows doesn't read the files properly but I have no other OS to use, but I do have three windows machines. Any ideas/suggestions/help of any sort? Thanks!

Damn, i wish i had have known this about 3 installs ago.... cheers.

UPDATE: I tried this and it definitely fixed the problem i was having....

Now just to get sound and wifi working on my Dell 640m

ok i made some progress on my pc thanks to this also.. renamed the partition name to 1 word = Leopard and it installed succesfully.

Now i get the option to boot from XP or Mac at bootup. Xp boots but if i choose mac it just attempts to do it and automatically reboots. (the partition i made for mac is a 40gig one at the end of my 180Gb SATA drive) I typed the -v command to see if it would show me something but all i can catch is something about HFS (Hierarquical File System) and then it reboots.

ANY IDEAS?

P.S I maintained the MBR formatting, as i had XP on the drive and wished to maintain it in case the install didnt work.

In any case this shouldnt be a problem inicially, should it?

managed to take a shot after -v (verbose mode) jsut before it reboots

post-180083-1202162462_thumb.jpg

should it say "EFI enhanced bootloader:ToH" ?? considering set it up as MBR?

Hey guys!!

I install the OS X kalyway..and everything was good during installation, then when mac is installed and it needs restart then boots up and i can see a small circle and a apple..so i was thinking what it needs to take a time..but same thing after 30-40 minutes...then i tryed open dvd rom and its not responsing...it´s turned off...How to solve this???My dvd rom is IDE...

Here is confuguration:

E2180

P35-ds3

HD 2600XT

1Gb kingmax@667mhz

WD 120GB&160Gb hitachi

Ok newbmac thanks again, but still has the same problem installed with suggested option.on screen i getLoading Darwin/x86EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToHUsing SMBIOS table found at 0x000f13e0Using ACPI RSDP revision 2 fond at 0x000f7b00starting Darwin/x86then i think a white screen then it reboots i have heard of people booting the system of the cd. i would settle for that however when i do that i get System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not foundagain thanks newbmac for your help, but i need i little more
Are you booting with -v so you can see what fails?er, sorry I cant remember what you are doing exactly...this is just to boot the install DVD right? If so, try re-burning the DVD at like 4x speed.
ok i will try using -v but i´m afraid there wont be any messages at all.It just reboots! :(because in an tutorial they said i have to boot the first time with -x -v and that failed... i just saw the apple "apple" and the white backgroundthen blackscreen rebooting
I could be wrong, but i think Kalyway Leopard is 64bit. Core Duo CPUs are 32bit chips...Could that be the problem? To be honest, I dont remember reading anyone in the first 60 pages using an old Core Duo.... i only recall Pentium IV, Core 2 duo, and Pentium Ds...
Hey guys!!I install the OS X kalyway..and everything was good during installation, then when mac is installed and it needs restart then boots up and i can see a small circle and a apple..so i was thinking what it needs to take a time..but same thing after 30-40 minutes...then i tryed open dvd rom and its not responsing...it´s turned off...How to solve this???My dvd rom is IDE...Here is confuguration:E2180P35-ds3HD 2600XT1Gb kingmax@667mhzWD 120GB&160Gb hitachi
How come people don't post the facts needed to get help?For example, you really need to post the motherboard information or how about booting with -v and providing the details for the failure?

Good luck!