KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi, please someone could help me, I just install the macos 5.1 by kalyway for the third time, the install is complete, but when I reboot i couldn´t get in.

my config is:

Pentium D 930

asus p5vdc-x

2gb ram

2 hd, one sata II with windows and other IDE blank, Theorically with macos and ubuntu.

Ati 9600 pro (256mb - 128bit)

hi,

i have the same problem :C....

somebody can help us?

Did any body try this ISO to install it into VMware? I try to install it but i always stuck with either "Hardware Kernel Fault", but if I use "-x -v" as parameter in Darwin installation... it always stop with error because of "read-only file system".

I'm running VMware Fusion on the Mac trying to see if I can get this to work, and I don't seem to be having any luck. Without any command line arguments, I get the same problem that jonocb's having:

Does anyone else get the apple grey screen with the spinning indicator for a couple of mins, and then a circle with a cross appears over the apple sign and doesn't go any further?

If I do the "vanilla" argument, then I get the hardware kernel fault error. When I do the "-v -x" argument, I get this error. I assume it's the same one that happens with no argument, as I get the same error message from VMware.

Hackintosh-20080128-182821.jpg

I downloaded kalyway iso.

I am yet to install it. I have used 10.4.8 before this on my Shuttle XPC SB86i

Internet and video work fine. I can change resolutions.

I have the Intel GMA 900 and i assume this should not pose problems with kalyway.

However, I am worried about my Marvel Yukon Ethernet controller.

I searched this forum and found a thread pertaining to this issue with no resolution.

Thought I might ask you.

If you dont have an answer, its fine. I am going to install it anyways.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Rishy.

Whenever I try to use Diskutility, it just sits there spinning. I can bring up the utility, but then, whenever I select any of my disks, it just sits there thinking and I can't click on anything. I've let it go for about 10 minutes before restarting. Any thoughts? Any other way to reformat a drive?

Hi guys!!

I have downloaded and installed Kalyway in my Dell XPS 410, secondary drive. Everything went smoothly, my problem is that it is hanging in the welcome. I see the nice introduction, Select the country, select my keyboard, select Do not transfer my information now. When I click in continue, the computer seems as if it was doing something for about a minute and then it goes back to the nice introduction with the welcome video. I have been doing this for the last 10 minutes but it keeps doing the same thing. Can somebody please with this small problem?

Thanks!!

Ok, I'm having a strange problem. Everything was working fine except for Diskutility. I got the drive formatted (eventually), but now the DVD doesn't boot.

I used to boot up to the installer, but now it either boots far enough to let me choose my language and then freezes (or dissappears and just leaves me with the pretty background forever), or else does what was described above: boots for a while and then a crossed out circle appears over the apple logo.

Any ideas? I'm not sure why it would boot properly the first few times and now won't. No change in my hardware profile...no changes at all.

Hi, I notice that the kalway installation has different looking folder icons compared to the standard leopard installation.

I was wondering if there is a way to change the folder icons back to the default leopard style icons?.

Thanks so much,

Hi guys! Installed and running off a usb drive on a Dell XPSM140. Had to run AppleHDAPAtcherV1.20 with Sigmatel 9220.txt to get audio. Almost perfect except for I see in System Profiler that the graphics is not showing Quartz Extreme support. I am certain I had that with Tiger. Is there anything special I have to do to get it under Leopard. I have an Intel GMA915 video chipset which I assumed would be supported with Kalyway but maybe not. Let me know.

Thanks,

John

Most of the installation problems are due to your DVD burning, or hardware.

The hardware compatibility is simple, SEARCH.

As for the DVD Burning, when you get the ISO burn it at lowest possible speed, and handle the disk with care.

There's always a chance of losing 1 file when you burn a DVD, which can destroy the whole installation.

Don't tell me the P5B and the 8800GT are not compatible.

I still get this error:

System config file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found

I have just burned the kalyway installation disc. It boots perfectly but when i press "enter" at the first bootscreen its loads for a few secs but then nothing happens. It just says the same thing again.

Searched the forums a lot but haven't seen anyone with this problem.

my leopard is up and running. i installed it using EFI patch and Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD. the setup process did'nt successfully finish as expect. on the part "about a minute left" in the installation, i got a error message stating that the setup ihas encountered an unknown error please restart and installing again. what i did, i booted from the hardisk with my Kaly DVD in the drive, and miraculously my Leopard started. it's just funny coz i cant boot without the DVD in the drive. any solution guys?

Hi there,

first of al I'd like to thank to all who made this possible: thankyou very much for the work done!

I'm trying to install this distribution on my core2duo E6600 @2,40Ghz

My final goal is to have 3 OS (Vista, XP, OS X 10.5) on one PC; I've got 3 HD drives:

- Maxtor320Gb Win Vista Ultimate (already installed, working)

- Samsung 250Gb splitted in two whit Acronis disk manager one for OS X one for XP

- Maxtor 40Gb data and backup (working)

I burned this iso whit Nero:

immaginefy5.jpg

burn was ok, booting correctly

I formatted the partition for OSX MAC extended (journaled)

(in my pic called Windows XP, the selected one)

63047159ic1.jpg

I went ahead for installation, I tried both installing default settings selected either customized with vanilla kernel, video drivers, audio and boot loader EFI (boot efi guid)

In both cases the installation goes right until about 2-less than a minute until finish when I got the message of failed installation

what did I wrong?!

thank you a lot for helping!

cheers

HI to all here on InsanelyMac forum!

I am new here and also new on hackintosh...

I have got some questions that maybe were already answered... but since the Search gives me a lot of unneeded results i decided to ask here...

I have been trying for the last 3 days to get my iATKOS version of hackintosh work and i have encountered a lot of trouble on the path to success...

first of all... the ICH (AHCI) issue... can't figure out what do i have to set up!

secondly i found issues on my system packed with 4GB (4x1) of ram and the BIOS set to MEMORY REMAP ENABLED... the installation stops after 5-10 minutes... :(

when set to DISABLED it works fine until the end... but after the installation process the OS will not boot! :(

As these are the biggest problems... I have also a smallest one... My graphic card (leadtek 6800GT PCIex) has a modded BIOS to act as a QUADRO... can this lead to any problem?

I give you the info on my system:

P5B deluxe (not the WIFI version!!)

E6400

GF6800GT PCIex (bios mod into Quadro)

4x1 SuperTalent DDR2 800Mhz

audio and lan integrated!

So... would the KALYWAY installer work fine? Does it solve the problems with the 4gb of RAM? Has anyone any INFO on that?

THANK YOU ALL!

martin

Hi, I have a problem. I've searched for a solution but found none. I installed the disc on a newish vaio laptop... At the end of the installation with 1 minute or less to go it just says it cannot install with a big yellow exclamation mark.. I tried installing it on a desktop and the disc just won't boot up.

for those of you having boot/installation problems with the dvd I recommend burning the iso at the slowest speed supported by your burner (4x in my case). I had to burn 3 dvd's before I tried this. The first 2 kept failing either on boot or installation at different times so the third 1 I burnt at 4x. installation no problem. hope this helps

Hi there,

first of al I'd like to thank to all who made this possible: thankyou very much for the work done!

I'm trying to install this distribution on my core2duo E6600 @2,40Ghz

My final goal is to have 3 OS (Vista, XP, OS X 10.5) on one PC; I've got 3 HD drives:

- Maxtor320Gb Win Vista Ultimate (already installed, working)

- Samsung 250Gb splitted in two whit Acronis disk manager one for OS X one for XP

- Maxtor 40Gb data and backup (working)

I burned this iso whit Nero:

immaginefy5.jpg

burn was ok, booting correctly

I formatted the partition for OSX MAC extended (journaled)

(in my pic called Windows XP, the selected one)

63047159ic1.jpg

I went ahead for installation, I tried both installing default settings selected either customized with vanilla kernel, video drivers, audio and boot loader EFI (boot efi guid)

In both cases the installation goes right until about 2-less than a minute until finish when I got the message of failed installation

what did I wrong?!

thank you a lot for helping!

cheers

You selected EFI GUID? The disk is probably not partitioned as GUID (Windows XP can't handle it).

If the disk is GUID, select EFI GUID. IF the disk is MBR, select EFI MBR. I don't understand why this is confusing so many people.

boot. Могло быть ключ вы должны отжать для того чтобы boot оно. Что видом компьютера будет оно?*WRONG BOARD KINDA AS-WELL*

Thank you. I ROFL'd for good 10 minutes. You posted exactly what russians call 'albanian'.

Where can you select EFI GUID?????

In the Custom Install menu that appears after you click "Customize...", you can select either EFI GUID or EFI MBR, to match the partition type your disk is using. Read the documentation.

need help, when installing the kalyway 10.5.1 installer, at the end part of the installing procedure, when the installer says that "about a minute left" the installer stops then displays an error message stating that " an unknown error occurred, please restart then try installing again". been restarting and doing it again and again and again and still with no avail. im currently using mac os tiger by jas, and it has no error in it. i really wanna try the Kalyway version. please help.

Same problem here. Tried to burn another DVD (4X) and all advertised BIOS settings for my motherboard (ASUS P5W DH Deluxe) and still have same result. Using Kalyway 10.5.1. Format Mac SO Extended (Journaled) GUID. Vanilla_Kernel, Vanilla, ACPI_fix, NVINJECT_gfnvidia_desktop, BOOT_EFI_guid custom selected...

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (BIOS 2503)

Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz)

2GB RAM

EVGA 7800GT

Raptor 150GB (SATA)