KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi, I notice that the kalway installation has different looking folder icons compared to the standard leopard installation.

I was wondering if there is a way to change the folder icons back to the default leopard style icons?.

Thanks so much,

there is a script to revert the system's look to default

Virginizer Script

hi guys

can u tell me if my pc can install this amazing Kalyway properly?

here is my pc's spec:

CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)

Motherboard: Asus P5KR (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard chipset: Intel Bearlake P35

System Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

Display card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (256 MB)

Hard Disk 1: HDS722516VLAT80 (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Hard Disk 2: WDC WD1600YS-01SHB1 (153 GB, IDE)

DVDROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L (IDE)

The installer has a bug.

If you have named your leopard partition with more than ONE word (eg. Leopard Harddisk),

you may got a blinking cursor during reboot. If you leave the dvd installer in the drive, it

can boot correctly.

Solution:

Name your leopard with ONE word only (eg. Leopard, Kalyway, etc.) during installation.

Damn, i wish i had have known this about 3 installs ago.... cheers.

UPDATE: I tried this and it definitely fixed the problem i was having....

Now just to get sound and wifi working on my Dell 640m

I'm still not sure what happens if I update via apple when the new versions are ready... I've read a few things that say I'll need to update and then copy the patched kernels in again. I have no idea how to do that though as the install did everything for me, any ideas?

Nobody will know until 10.5.2 is actually released. Just wait, and don't install it until the Kalyway people say it's okay, and what you might have to do to make it work.

Minor updates can be installed fine though.

Having some serious issues with Rosetta apps after installing Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD. Most of them crash immediately after launching them. Some (World of Warcraft installer) won't even launch to get a crash.

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix?

v_Specs_v

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8GHz

GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

GeIL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250820AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me. I installed Kalyway on a Acer AM5630, a quad core machine, this desktop comes with a RadeonHD2400Pro vid card. Most things are working but for the display, I have only one resolution 1024x768. Is this a video card problem or a install problem? Would it help if I get another video card that's know to work in the OSX86 forum HCL?

Thanks

hi guys

can u tell me if my pc can install this amazing Kalyway properly?

here is my pc's spec:

CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)

Motherboard: Asus P5KR (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard chipset: Intel Bearlake P35

System Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

Display card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (256 MB)

Hard Disk 1: HDS722516VLAT80 (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Hard Disk 2: WDC WD1600YS-01SHB1 (153 GB, IDE)

DVDROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L (IDE)

With a bit of work you should be able to get it running noprob.

Help needed !!!

I am trying to install Kalyway on GUID. I succcesfully installed Kalyway and iATKOS on MBR partition but I want to try GUID.

So I partitioned the second HDD as GUID and choose EFI-GUID and installed Kalyway. Now when I want to boot from the second HDD

there is that cursor , it blinks a couple of times and the machine boots from the first HDD with Vista.

Am I doing something wrong??

Acer Aspire 7720G C2D T7500 2.2 MHz 2x160Gb HDD 2Mb Ram.

Field Value

CPU Properties

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 1800 MHz (18 x 100)

CPU Alias Northwood

CPU Stepping B0

Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2

Original Clock [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Min / Max CPU Multiplier 18x / 18x

Engineering Sample No

L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions

L1 Data Cache [ TRIAL VERSION ]

L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

CPU Physical Info

Package Type 478 Pin uPGA

Package Size 3.50 cm x 3.50 cm

Transistors [ TRIAL VERSION ] million

Process Technology 6M, 0.13 um, CMOS, Cu, Low-K

Die Size [ TRIAL VERSION ] mm2

Core Voltage 1.475 - 1.55 V

I/O Voltage 1.475 - 1.55 V

Typical Power 38.7 - 89.0 W (depending on clock speed)

Maximum Power 49 - 109 W (depending on clock speed)

CPU Manufacturer

Company Name Intel Corporation

Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/processor

CPU Utilization

CPU #1 20 %

This is all information of my pc, what mac os i have to use ? Please say me version. Thanks !

I tried mac os 10.4.7 , 10.4.8 , 10.5.1 (this versions doesn't work)

Help needed !!!

I am trying to install Kalyway on GUID. I succcesfully installed Kalyway and iATKOS on MBR partition but I want to try GUID.

So I partitioned the second HDD as GUID and choose EFI-GUID and installed Kalyway. Now when I want to boot from the second HDD

there is that cursor , it blinks a couple of times and the machine boots from the first HDD with Vista.

Am I doing something wrong??

Acer Aspire 7720G C2D T7500 2.2 MHz 2x160Gb HDD 2Mb Ram.

Did you try install pc_efi_v80? It works great whenever there is a blinking cursor.

Same problem here. Tried to burn another DVD (4X) and all advertised BIOS settings for my motherboard (ASUS P5W DH Deluxe) and still have same result. Using Kalyway 10.5.1. Format Mac SO Extended (Journaled) GUID. Vanilla_Kernel, Vanilla, ACPI_fix, NVINJECT_gfnvidia_desktop, BOOT_EFI_guid custom selected...

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (BIOS 2503)

Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz)

2GB RAM

EVGA 7800GT

Raptor 150GB (SATA)

The problem was the Volume name. As was pointed out in another post (to a different problem), the volume name should be 1 word (like Macintosh). I was using 2 words (Macintosh HD). The install completed and 10.5.1 is now running (without network but with sound and 1680x1050 display)...

Sorry for replying to my own post...

Hi all,

I hard try installing the Leo 10.5.1er but always stop on this line (with -v loading installer)

The last line shows me this: "BSM auditing present"

DVD Drive stop loading on this line and no installer appears for mor than 1 hour.

I'm not able to install this, is this maybe a simple bios setting ?

my config: Mainboard = Asus P5KPL-VM, CPU Intel Dual Core 2GHZ, 1GB Ram

Hi all,

I installed Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 on an external USB HD on my Acer Travelmate 8204 laptop with specs:

Intel Core™ Duo Processor

Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 256MB (M56) PCI-E

120 GB SATA HD

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

The installation runs smoothly (booting Darwin with cpus=1) and finishes successfully. However when I try to boot Leopard I get a kernel panic error (in attachments).

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

post-180448-1201774422_thumb.jpg

hi, i have installed the kalyway dvd successfully, but i wondered:

i have a Q6600 cpu (SSE2+SSE3)

during the isntall here are the components i checked:

-Vanilla kernel + fix

-EFI MBR

my question is about the SSE2 component under the vanilla kernel. Do i have to check it? what is it for? (because i tried both, and leopard boots weither i check it or not)

in other works does this option have to be checked for SSE2+SSE3 to work, or will it prevent SSE3 from working?

hi, i have installed the kalyway dvd successfully, but i wondered:

i have a Q6600 cpu (SSE2+SSE3)

during the isntall here are the components i checked:

-Vanilla kernel + fix

-EFI MBR

my question is about the SSE2 component under the vanilla kernel. Do i have to check it? what is it for? (because i tried both, and leopard boots weither i check it or not)

in other works does this option have to be checked for SSE2+SSE3 to work, or will it prevent SSE3 from working?

No need to check SSE2 for q6600

Hi - I'm having no joy with my setup and wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

For a start, I haven't managed to get XP to install on my new setup, which must be a bad sign! However, Ubuntu, Fedora all install happily from my PATA DVD.

EDIT: XP now installed. corrupt install disk - now working. phew...however:

BIOS - no overclocking, native mode SATA, no AHCI

So...When I use the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, it runs through the installer with no errors or glitches.

Erase and partition as Mac OS journalled, MBR, check the vanilla box and MBR boot options.

Recognises my hardware in the profiler etc., but when it finishes, I reboot, take out the DVD, and the system keeps restarting after about ten seconds of loading Darwin. Never gets beyond that. Tried repairing etc. but to no avail.

Seems to exit after a line about "Using ACPI BSDP(?) revision 0 found at 0x000f6c30"

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - getting snow blind from all the posts i've read here...

WoW finally I got it going!! :censored2:

but right he thre's the next problem: leo won't recognize my old PS2 keyboard, without keys I can't go ahead the registration form!!

during the setup I had no problems whit the keys, mouse is working

I red in the first page of the thread something about PS2/USB mouse fix...

Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)

ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse) ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse)

during setup I selected both Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla ...

Hi - I'm having no joy with my setup and wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

For a start, I haven't managed to get XP to install on my new setup, which must be a bad sign! However, Ubuntu, Fedora all install happily from my PATA DVD.

EDIT: XP now installed. corrupt install disk - now working. phew...however:

BIOS - no overclocking, native mode SATA, no AHCI

So...When I use the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, it runs through the installer with no errors or glitches.

Erase and partition as Mac OS journalled, MBR, check the vanilla box and MBR boot options.

Recognises my hardware in the profiler etc., but when it finishes, I reboot, take out the DVD, and the system keeps restarting after about ten seconds of loading Darwin. Never gets beyond that. Tried repairing etc. but to no avail.

Seems to exit after a line about "Using ACPI BSDP(?) revision 0 found at 0x000f6c30"

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - getting snow blind from all the posts i've read here...

Well, your hardware should work fine. I have the same mobo and it's working fine here. What are your other BIOS settings like? Why didn't you use AHCI? Which SATA controller are you using? Also, try booting with the -v option and tell us what you see (not just the last line).

Did you only check the vanilla stuff and EFI_MBR?