KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Well, your hardware should work fine. I have the same mobo and it's working fine here. What are your other BIOS settings like? Why didn't you use AHCI? Which SATA controller are you using? Also, try booting with the -v option and tell us what you see (not just the last line).

Did you only check the vanilla stuff and EFI_MBR?

Exactly the same board (rev2.0, same bios)? That's encouraging if so...can you list any changes you've made to your BIOS from fail safe/optimised?

Well, I followed the guidelines for BIOS from here (as default apart from boot from CD first, native sata, no ahci)

and also tried the guidelines from here (as default apart from boot from CD first, native sata, no ahci and no thermal cpu stuff)

also tried enabling, disabling various stuff, but no change.

didn't enable AHCI because the guides above didn't. i did try with it enabled with no success, but since there are so many other variables there's no telling if that was the culprit or not.

SATA controller - i've got my seagate connected to the first orange sata port, i.e. not the purple gigabyte one, the chipset one. should i change it over to the purple one?

boot with -v : to be clear, you mean after install, from the disk at the f8 stage? i have a video of it (only way i could catch what it said before restarting!) - it just says :

Loading Darwin/x86

EFI enhanced bootloader build: **** (not sure - bit blurry :( )

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000f0ce0

Using ACPI BSDP revision 0 found at 0x000f6c30

then the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.

thanks for your help - any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Hi evry body, i got to install, but without sound, video and lan. so, anyone who can help me?

sound: analog devices ad1986a via vt8237a

video: ati radeon 9600 pro

lan: 1 - wirelless marvell 88w8335

2 - via vt6102 - via rhine rtl8201 cl/cp (realtek)

please, someone could help me?

Exactly the same board (rev2.0, same bios)? That's encouraging if so...can you list any changes you've made to your BIOS from fail safe/optimised?

Well, I followed the guidelines for BIOS from here (as default apart from boot from CD first, native sata, no ahci)

and also tried the guidelines from here (as default apart from boot from CD first, native sata, no ahci and no thermal cpu stuff)

also tried enabling, disabling various stuff, but no change.

didn't enable AHCI because the guides above didn't. i did try with it enabled with no success, but since there are so many other variables there's no telling if that was the culprit or not.

SATA controller - i've got my seagate connected to the first orange sata port, i.e. not the purple gigabyte one, the chipset one. should i change it over to the purple one?

boot with -v : to be clear, you mean after install, from the disk at the f8 stage? i have a video of it (only way i could catch what it said before restarting!) - it just says :

Loading Darwin/x86

EFI enhanced bootloader build: **** (not sure - bit blurry :( )

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000f0ce0

Using ACPI BSDP revision 0 found at 0x000f6c30

then the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.

thanks for your help - any ideas or suggestions welcome.

I have revision 1.1, with BIOS F4, as you can see in my sig.

I used the "official" BIOS settings from Dune himself, he posted them in this thread, post 571. Make SURE you find the equivalent setting for "Execute Disable Bit." This option has a different name on our board, but I can't remember it right now. I remember finding it because I noticed the word "NX" (mentioned by Dune in other posts) in the description area on the RIGHT side of the BIOS screen when I had that option selected. Let me know if you can't find it, I'll reboot and check my BIOS and tell you the name.

You should really be using AHCI, this is definitely the recommended way to install this release, Dune mentions it in pretty much all his posts, and it's what actual Macs use too.

The Intel controller is the right one to use, in fact I recommend just disabling the JMicron piece of {censored} which has given me a lot of headaches. I guess you need it for your PATA optical, which is too bad. You could try just disabling it in your BIOS after your install, as a test, just to see if it makes a difference. You won't be able to use your optical drive, but you'll eliminate that variable at least.

Your boot log is just the first few lines that would always pop up I think. I was assuming the boot went past that point and gave some kind of error.

Good luck!

Hello

Has anyone tried this on an ASUS P5N-E-SLI yet?

I have one of those, along with an Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (2.2 GHz), 1 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600.

I have tried to boot the DVD, and I get a few errors, but it eventually gets into install mode (i haven't installed it yet).

The problem is that it works incredibly slow. The DVD takes 10 minutes to get into install mode...

I wonder if it's my system to blame, or does the DVD installation usually works slow?

Also, I understand that you need to boot with cpus=1 for dual core cpus to work. I have booted without cpus=1, and it worked. Do I really need to use cpus=1 to install it?

And also, can anyone tell me what's the best way to install OSX if I already have Vista and don't want to reinstall it? (dual boot)

Also, I understand there's a problem with PS2 keyboards. Will mine work?

Also, I want to ask if I will need some drivers for my sound and video.

Thanks in advance

Ove

This Is My Last One Question About Mac OS X

Here is my computers all information. I need to know one thing. Can i use mac os x on this pc ? If i can, please say what version of MAC OS X to use/install. Thank You For Your Support !

Field Value

CPU Properties

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 1800 MHz (18 x 100)

CPU Alias Northwood

CPU Stepping B0

Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2

Original Clock [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Min / Max CPU Multiplier 18x / 18x

Engineering Sample No

L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions

L1 Data Cache [ TRIAL VERSION ]

L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

CPU Physical Info

Package Type 478 Pin uPGA

Package Size 3.50 cm x 3.50 cm

Transistors [ TRIAL VERSION ] million

Process Technology 6M, 0.13 um, CMOS, Cu, Low-K

Die Size [ TRIAL VERSION ] mm2

Core Voltage 1.475 - 1.55 V

I/O Voltage 1.475 - 1.55 V

Typical Power 38.7 - 89.0 W (depending on clock speed)

Maximum Power 49 - 109 W (depending on clock speed)

CPU Manufacturer

Company Name Intel Corporation

Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/processor

CPU Utilization

CPU #1 18 %

Field Value

Motherboard Properties

Motherboard ID 07/26/2002-P4X266E-8233A-6A6LWPRQC-0

Motherboard Name Octek Rhino P4X266E-A4E R2 / Sapphire P4X266EAS4

Front Side Bus Properties

Bus Type Intel GTL+

Bus Width 64-bit

Real Clock 100 MHz (QDR)

Effective Clock 400 MHz

Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties

Bus Type DDR SDRAM

Bus Width 64-bit

DRAM:FSB Ratio 4:3

Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR)

Effective Clock 267 MHz

Bandwidth [ TRIAL VERSION ] MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties

Bus Type VIA V-Link

Bus Width 8-bit

Real Clock 67 MHz (QDR)

Effective Clock 267 MHz

Bandwidth 267 MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info

CPU Sockets/Slots 1

Expansion Slots [ TRIAL VERSION ]

RAM Slots 3 DIMM

Integrated Devices Audio

Form Factor ATX

Motherboard Size 230 mm x 300 mm

Motherboard Chipset P4X266E

Extra Features [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Field Value

North Bridge Properties

North Bridge VIA VT8753E Apollo P4X266E

Supported FSB Speeds FSB400, FSB533

Supported Memory Types PC100 SDRAM, PC133 SDRAM, DDR-200 SDRAM, DDR-266 SDRAM

In-Order Queue Depth 12

Memory Controller

Bank Interleave 4-way

Memory Timings

CAS Latency (CL) 2T

RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 3T

RAS Precharge (tRP) 3T

RAS Active Time (tRAS) 6T

Command Rate (CR) 2T

Memory Slots

DRAM Slot #1 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

DRAM Slot #2 256 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

DRAM Slot #3 256 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

AGP Controller

AGP Version 2.00

AGP Status Enabled

AGP Device Sapphire Radeon 9600

AGP Aperture Size 256 MB

Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x

Current AGP Speed 4x

Fast-Write Supported, Disabled

Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

Chipset Manufacturer

Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.

Product Information http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets

Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

Driver Update http://driveragent.com?ref=59

Field Value

BIOS Properties

BIOS Type Award

BIOS Version BIOS-I-2M (2K020726A)

Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG

Award BIOS Message BIOS-I-2M (2K020726A)

System BIOS Date 07/26/02

Video BIOS Date 05/08/23

BIOS Manufacturer

Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm

BIOS Upgrades http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?refererid=40

Problems & Suggestions

Suggestion Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade? Contact eSupport Today!

Suggestion System BIOS is more than 2 years old. Update it if necessary.

For those with "blinking cursor" at boot.

this is due to a damaged first sector on your HD (don't worry it isn't physical)

I recomand you to erase the disk with zero(with diskutil). No need to wait to the end, just the first sector of the disk

need to be erased. after that , redo your partitions whatever GUID or MBR, and reinstall.

Is that the reason why it will not boot after i changed from MBR installation to a GUID installation?

On MBR Kalyway and iATKOS work fine. I repartitioned the HDD with GUID and installed Kalyway with Boot GUID.

Then the machine will not boot of the second HDD but switches back to the first HDD with Vista.

Hi!

I'm trying to install Leo on a Vaio VGN-FS285H Notebook:

- Pentium M 740 1.73ghz

- 512 Mb Ram (1gb incoming)

- Nvidia GeForce Go 6200

Setup often crashes:

03au3.jpg

but sometimes I can get it to work (don't know how and don't know why) but, after installation, Leo crashes at the first boot.

02av3.jpg

Ok. The error is the same, but what is it about? Is it for the vely little ram, or what else?

-EDIT-

I don't know if the error is the same:

img1: BSD root: disk1s2, major 14, minor 7

img2: BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 2

Hi All,

I am a happy 10.5.1 camper !

Kalyway 10.5.1. DVD (kudos for the super work)

Mobo: Gigabyte P35-DS4 rev. 2 F11 Bios

2 GB DDR2

XFX Geforce 8600GT 256 MB (working as a charm with 10.5.2 kexts

SATA DVD-RW (Asus) - I had to change the old ATAPI which would not work

GUID boot partition on a 160GB SATA

4x500 GB SATA 2 disks on RAID 0 ( on IDE mode, will test AHCI soon)

LAN working out of the box!

MS Windows workgroup iinstantly recognized

No Audio is recognised , but most probably due to my fault at driver selection on install

will have to work on sleep (fans on case stay on)

Cheers,

etsiot

i have another problem, please help me out.

my video card worked yesterday, but now it is not working. it failed to boot to my desktop, then when i reinstall it without any video card driver, it worked but its not perfect. watching videos are messed up..

my video card is nvidia 7600gt, can i install the driver here?

loaded disk....load went well...on reboot:

b0 error

any ideas?

this is on an inspiron e1505....2 partition sata drive..both marked active

Duh...the search engine is my friend...

The b0 error occurs on bootup, if no partition is active. A solution to the problem is to insert the OS X install cd without pressing any key. When the install times out, OS X should boot from the harddisk.

To make a partion active, do this:

* Start Terminal.app

* Enter:

sudo -s (enter your password)

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (the disk number may be different on your installation, eg. rdisk1)

print (list all partitions)

flag 1 (sets partition 1 as bootable - might be a different number on your installation)

quit (answer y to save settings)

* Now reboot the computer. You should now be able to boot without the install cd.

I've found a way to install and load Leopard correctly.

At the first login everything seems to run fine... installation is ok... audio is ok... video... wait!

I have a Nvidia GeForce Go 6200 and I installed Nvidia drivers for notebook, but I see is just a white display.

Maybe I installed the wrong drivers :) and I hope the other nvidia drivers will work :(

loaded disk....load went well...on reboot:

b0 error

any ideas?

this is on an inspiron e1505....2 partition sata drive..both marked active

Duh...the search engine is my friend...

The b0 error occurs on bootup, if no partition is active. A solution to the problem is to insert the OS X install cd without pressing any key. When the install times out, OS X should boot from the harddisk.

To make a partion active, do this:

* Start Terminal.app

* Enter:

sudo -s (enter your password)

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (the disk number may be different on your installation, eg. rdisk1)

print (list all partitions)

flag 1 (sets partition 1 as bootable - might be a different number on your installation)

quit (answer y to save settings)

* Now reboot the computer. You should now be able to boot without the install cd.

hi i did this but now without the cd , when boot the computer says HFS Error can someone help me with this?!

Hello...

I am installing KALYWAY 1.5.1 on a PC with the following specs:

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe.

2 GB of Corsair Dominator RAM.

250 GB SATA HDD.

IDE DVD DRIVE (Pioneer).

When I install KALYWAY with the Vanilla Kernel option, my computer freezes at the gray apple logo. My hard disk is connected to the SATA 1 port and the DVD Drive is in the Intel IDE Controller.

I have tweaked my BIOS settings with all of the options I could find on forums. Still no go.

Can anyone help me? I have the latest BIOS version from the ASUS website.

Thanks in advance.

thank you soooo much, kaly. You give me the 1st mac system of my life with this pack. And i love the additional tools in your disc. Nice job. everything's perfect, and i erased my oem vista ultimate. im considering to have a real mac or buy my own leopard.My installation:dell d630,t7100,functional: nvm135m,9205,airportnonfunctional:broadcom 5755untest: 1394 deviceefi8 mbr+venilla kernel+acpi fixthe problem: 1. with the 8x00 driver installed, my osx cant shutdown or restart automaticlly2. while i try to add my own directory for the DESKTOP/SCREEN SAVER , it crashes.thank you soooo much, kaly. You give me the 1st mac system of my life with this pack. And i love the additional tools in your disc. Nice job. everything's perfect, and i erased my oem vista ultimate. im considering to have a real mac or buy my own leopard.My installation:dell d630,t7100,functional: nvm135m,9205,airportnonfunctional:broadcom 5755untest: 1394 deviceefi8 mbr+venilla kernel+acpi fixthe problem: 1. with the 8x00 driver installed, my osx cant shutdown or restart automaticlly2. while i try to add my own directory for the DESKTOP/SCREEN SAVER , it crashes.

i was able to install this on a P4 3.0 Ghz / Intel 915GAV MOBO with onboard GMA900 graphics. This release works smoothly. Thanks a lot for the release and making the DVD so easy to install.

One thing as pointed out by others is that make sure you have the DVD as Secondary Master else the installation will halt and not proceed.