KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

:ninja:KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8

All IchX and Jmicron compatible !!!

but still problem with ide dvdrom on jmicron controller!

Read carefully !!!

screen1pf5.pngscreen2qr7.png

designed and repacked by KALYWAY!

additionnal scripting and customs drivers by DUNE !

you can try vanilla kernel at dvd boot ! just type vanilla after f8 !!!

you can use Diskutility to format the whole hd as you want ( guid or mbr)!

then select custom install !!!

this installer will set hd bootable for you !

just have to select boot guid or boot mbr depending on what partition map you have chosen before with diskutility

!

CAUTION for mbr choice: we advise you to use an empty disk but if you have no other choice than installing Leo on a disk where windows is already installed, you should be aware of that

the installer will active the leo partition, so to be able to boot again on your windows,

you should install a bootloader (eg. Grub) , or you can active back the windows partition with fdisk and

use chain0 (if your leo partition is under the 200gb of the HD).

FIXES include : x11 update (resolve issue wit gimp and some x11 app! ; directoryservices ; otools (resolve packages maker crashes)

Some drivers extras setting are present (Only select one driver for each section!! )

sleep kernel 9.1 install by default !

intel sse2 system

video drivers

audio drivers

network drivers

Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)

ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse) ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse)

bootloader guid or mbr

Additionnals applications !

fairmount (dvd decript that work with vlc)

VLC (video players for divx and various format)

perian codec for quicktime (divx and various unsupported quicktime formats)

Better zip (archive utility)

Pacifist (pkg extractor and installer)

kexthelper ( kext installer for noobz)

transmission ( light weight torrent client)

Google notifier (menubar notifier for your gmail account)

PPF-O-Matic ( utility for applying ppf patch)

stuffit expander ( for extract sit rar and zip archives)

Change finder ( make visible or invisible system files)

Colloquy (irc client)

Solarseek (soulseek client)

i have make a restore app !

for Restore_Factory_Desktop_finder_settings

Restore_Factory_Desktop_Finder_settings (default background,icons,dock)

for change orange colour in window finder! right click on orange colour then Show view options and select background white !! use by default !

new users accounts will be virgin ! CAN BE USED ON ALL 10.5.x DISTRO !!!

it's all !!

KALYWAY DVD DONATIONS (contribute to leo osx86 developpement dvd)

MD5 for KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1_intell_SSE2_SSE3.zip

aff692cfe4daaae471f528974f5bac07

MD5 for kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso

f8546bde2a5b3c7dff47f2aab31862a9

THANKS TO ALL OSX86 COMMUNITY and TEAM OF HACKINTOSH !!

IRC irc.osx86.hu #Kalyway.DVD

Specials thanks to netkas , def , turbo ; asap , jccool ,joblo,dan , rofl , joe75 , kabyl , Chiva4ry and all the others !!!

To Apple:

Think of this as of a demo version and as of a free marketing campaign. Therefore, let it be

ENJOY ! if you love MacOSX think to buy it !!!

This DVD should only be used to preview Mac OS X Leopard. If you really like Mac OS X Leopard and you want to use it,

you should get a real Mac. If buying a real Mac is too much, you can, at least, buy a license for Mac OS X Leopard.

Hi i'm gonna install you're release ok kalyway after having tried toh with bad result. First i wanna say that if you help me and that i managed to make almost all works i'll make a donation of course.

My computer is a dell inspiron 9400

Graphic card : geforce 7900gs

Wireless : Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG (i'm aware that i have not so much chance to make it works)

I just would like to know what to choose during the installation considering that i have Ubuntu, Windows Vista, Windows XP in grub and that i had managed to make an entries for os x in my grub (problem was i had to put -legacy in order to boot and that it was booting 1 times on 10 tries (with TOH release) and when it was running it was very slow and hanging up every 10 seconds. I hope it will be different with you're release.

My question are, (im a newbie) do i need to install EFI if i have grub and manage to make OS X bootable from it ?

Do i need vanilla kernel if i want to use my intel core 2 duo ?

What do i need to make my geforce 7900gs 256 mb to work perfectly ?

In fact i wanna know what i have to do to make my computer runs OS X the best it can keeping my grub entries like i was doing with TOH release.

I hope you'll be very cool and will help me, if you do i'll make a post to explain all on how to do for people that has same computer as me notifying you as the guy who helped me.

Thx a lot.

If you want to see what type of tutorials im doing look at the last one i did : http://pspgen.com/modules.php?name=Forums&...pic&t=84258

It has been seen 3860 with 106 answers in 8 days, , just to prooves that when i do something i do it the best i can.

Jacques Dupont(d)

взял, обновился с 10,4,10 на это.. (KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD)

при загрузке спрашивает имя и пароль), ввожу, но не принимает. подскажите что делать?

не вводи никакого пароля просто нажми вход,попробуй у меня так было .

after successfully getting the kalyway install running, and fooling with tablet drivers and such for a couple of days, I decided to wipe the drive and try a dual boot with vista. After that was a complete timewaster, and destroying my working system, I started to re-install, this time running into a number of difficulties, first the start up loop after install [which was fixed with the set execute bit in the bios, which took a bios upgrade from the vendor, but it worked/and now it will boot vanillla too] so now it starts and I even get soundout which didn't work before, but now my new startup problem is theres no finder window/register with apple after the grey startup screen. I do get an extended monologue from voiceover, so I know I am very close to having this back to the way I want it, i thought I read somewhere there was a way to past this, but perusing these pages after all weekend and this week, I can't for the life of me remember what the info was.

So if anyone has any pointers they'd like to send my way, well feel free

kenny

11:30 pm

after getting it home and attaching an external monitor, I was able to get past the register with apple stuff, but after a restart, it doesn't see the laptop monitor anymore, so thats a clue/

This is awesome. Thanks Kaly!!!

Installed on new system, very smooth no problems.

Selected ACL883/DS3 sound option from Kalyway install - no success.

Run ACL888 package later for sound - working fine.

LAN works out of the box.

System:

GA-965P-DS3 v. 3.3

E6750

2G CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz DDR2

XFX 7600 GT

Seagate 250 G SATA HDD

Pioneer DVR-106D DVD (IDE to SATA adapter)

HDD & DVD connected to orange ports (AHCI, native mode)

GUID with EFI emulation, Darwin bootloader (out of the box)

взял, обновился с 10,4,10 на это.. (KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD)

при загрузке спрашивает имя и пароль), ввожу, но не принимает. подскажите что делать?

загрузись с диска

и смени пароль у рута

при входе логин root

и пароль который введешь

утилиту для смены искать в utilites

Hello I need Help again, I can't handle Vista Anymore and want to install mac os on my pc

pc spec

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

ASUS P5N32 SLI

XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB DDR3

2 x IDE Samsung 250gb HD

2 x 1gb Corsair PC2-6400(400 mhs)

ASUS DRW-1814BL

Now i have tried both iAtkosv1 and update v1.02 and Kalway Leo 10.5.1intel sse2 sse3

the best i have achieved so far is the mac loading screen, have not made it to the installing part at all, have tried it on four diffrent machines with diffrent part.

Any Help Would Be Fantastic

Anyone using Gigabyte 965-ds3 managed to install Leopard using this DVD?

Install works fine on this motherboard,for some reason NVINJECT and NATIT patches did not work on my configuration/NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS the problem was -system loads fine ,after entering username in Log In window I`ve got only blue screen and pointer/After instalation fineshed I have installed NATIT TITAN manualy and works fine/TV Out not woking/.I had to select onli EFI /MBR because i have windows preinstaled and Leopard on the same HD/and Vanilla kernel,and Vanilla ACPI fix,to make it work.

BIOS settings -standart,no need to set SATA in ACHI mode ,works fine as IDE.Just Leopard recognise my 250 Seagate SATA as 128GB ATA.

Audio does not work after install,I`ve needed ALC888Audio.mpkg to get sound.

This is awesome. Thanks Kaly!!!

Installed on new system, very smooth no problems.

Selected ACL883/DS3 sound option from Kalyway install - no success.

Run ACL888 package later for sound - working fine.

LAN works out of the box.

System:

GA-965P-DS3 v. 3.3

E6750

2G CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz DDR2

XFX 7600 GT

Seagate 250 G SATA HDD

Pioneer DVR-106D DVD (IDE to SATA adapter)

HDD & DVD connected to orange ports (AHCI, native mode)

GUID with EFI emulation, Darwin bootloader (out of the box)

care to share your settings or want you selected?

I have the same GA-965P-DS3 v3.3 board when I installed I selected the vanilla kernel with the ACPI fix nvinject desktop for the graphics, the 883/ds3 sound option didn't work so had to use the 888 installer as others have reported with efi mbr the partition was formatted HFS+ Journaled drives set to AHCI mode in the BIOS on the Intel controller.

Hi guys!

I successfully installed the kalyway1.5.1 on my pc with no problem and even got all of my parts work out of the box ;) X1600pro and onboard parts on my 945GCMX-S3 with SATA, 1Gx2 667ram, c2d e4400.

Well thank u all in this forum indeed.

And BIG RESPECT for kaly and DUNE and guys' been working on this release!

But there is one thing i wanna make it clear :P

There are 2 partitions i can boot from on bootloader.

I m sure that I ve created only 1 partition for leopard with diskutil to install it, but there are always 2 partitions up on bootloader....

One is the "Leopard" partition which i created for sure...ok but another one (i m sure i never create this one before) has no name and it doesn't even boot anything!

I m guessing that the no-named partition would be the partition for vanilla efi??? now i have no idea about this cause i m too noob to understand those efi things...

And it even make me confused cause i have to type 'vanilla' when boot leopard partition otherwise my network adapter doesn't work constantly......to boot with typing "vanilla", lan works flawlessly. I found this fix somewhere on the web but i forgot where..

Now what do u think is wrong? Did i miss something when installed leo? or i have to type "vanilla" at boot for ever?????

ps -I've put the value "vanilla" below the "Kernel flags" key already, but that doesn't seem working properly :(

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

I downloaded the .zip file and can not unzip it. However, I saw in this post that if you are using Windows that you need to open it with WinRAR. How is that possible when the torrent is a .zip file? Any suggestions?

Also, I tried installing 10.4.8 and when I get the installer going, it can not find my new, blank HD. Here are my specs:

HP Pavilion a1720n

Primary HD - 320 GB running Vista Home Premium

Secondary HD - 500 GB Seagate Sata - tried formatting wiht Acronis and and using diskpart and get nothing.

3 GB RAM

Any help with all of these issues would be appreciated. Feel free to write me an e-mail directly. Maybe this is an issue that others have had as well. Thank you in advance for your help and responses (if I get any : )

I want to say a big THANK YOU to someone named THE0 of this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78235

I am writing this from my brand new Acer AM5360-U5209ACore 2 Quad!! Man, this thing flies!!!

Of course there are still issues to fix, but WOW!

THE0 your guide was a great help, Thank you so much, and needless to say I thank you Kalway and Dune very much as well.

My new Macer -_-:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So I got this kalyway release installed on a Dell Latitude D620 (Core2duo 2ghz, Intel 3945, Sigmatel audio, nvidia quadro 110m (7300go)) but can't get past the initial welcome wizard. I select US, then u.s. keyboard, then select that I don't want to transfer settings from another mac, then it just eventually restarts the wizard after struggling through the welcome animation. I can't use the mouse, performance is that bad.

In the 'customize' part of the install, I selected nvidia laptop graphics driver, vanilla kernel, used guid partition table with a 110GB leopard partition. I didn't select sse2, as the core2duo can do sse3.

can't figure out how to get past this welcome screen.

Oh and with the limited number of bios settings.. I did make sure virtualization was disabled. I see some people talking about disabling speedstep, that's the next thing to try for me.

Both HDD and DVD are connected to the orange SATA ports (1&2), BIOS settings are AHCI with native mode enabled.

Which other settings do you want to know?

With the dell 620 you have to disable "Dual Core" in the bios. This will fix your problem.

that fixes the performance (sadly) but not the looping welcome wizard. From what I've read from other dvd releases a fix is to import user data from a working install.. so just waiting for a roommate to come home to migrate a temporary user name to a flash drive and see how that goes.

using a core2duo as a coresolo will be depressing, but it's better than not using the laptop at all as I do currently :D

Edit: unless that setting would have negatively affected the install --I did turn off dual core after the install completed. I'll probably give it a try doing a single core install.. just in case.

I got Leopard running on IBM T40 Pentium 1.3 Ghz.

Using GUID paritioning, I only selected SSE2 option before installing.

Ethernet Intel Pro 100/VE works.

ATI 7500 does not work.

Dell TrueMobile 1400 wireless card (Broadcom 4309 Ven:14e4 Dev: 4324) is not recognized in Leopard. I had to replace IO80211Family.kext with Tiger 10.4.8 version. I can connect to Open and WEP networks but no WAP.

I am trying to install it on SSE2 P4 2.8 Ghz but no success so far. I am having DVD rebooting after kexts loaded problem as some of the fellows here.

Good work Kaly,

Looks like kaly or Dune are busy with 10.5.2 or they are just not interested in this topic anymore :)

Someone asked for the unzip process.

WinRAR can also extract zip-files, so it is indeed a zip-file you have to torrent.

The problem is that windows can't extract it, because it's zipped in Mac OS X itself.