KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

When I boot off the Kalyway disc and run in verbose mode it runs through all the DOS screen stuff and then it reboots, it won't load a GUI or an installer or anything. Anybody else have these problems?

I'm trying to install on an Asus G2S-A1

i successfully installed kalyway leopard on my abit ip35-e. But my installation is very unstable. i have to restart my pc several times until it successfully boot. same when im installing it using kaly installer dvd. sometimes it will boot smoothly several times not. pls. help me. thanks in advance.

I would love to know if this mac os works on my e6750, p35 neo 2 mb with 2gb of ram and ATI HD 2900 XT.

Ive read elsewhere that there could be some problems regarding newer gfx cards, is that true?

Anyway what is to do after having this burned onto a DVD, just boot and install?

Another question I do have is if its possible to let this OS run besides windows XP ? is a dualboot possible?

Furthermore I need to now if one of my 3 partitions has to be fat32, otherwhise its not possible to instal leopard, correct?

Kalyway 10.5.1 runs ok on my system. I only get some random freezes when i'm in certain configuration windows. And whatever i do, soft shutdown en reboot just won't work. Tried a lot of bios settings proposed here on the forum but no luck yet.

System:

Intel Q6600

Gigabyte P35-DQ6

Gigabyte 8600GT gfx (works with 10.5.2 beta, dual screen 1680 x 1050)

Realtek 889a sound (with modified kext)

Realtek onboard NIC (with retail OSX driver from Realtek website)

Anyone have any other suggestions for tracking the soft reboot/shutdown issue?

mine does that originally during one of my install and during that time, I was not able to format my whole HD. After I breaked the system with Ubuntu and did a reformat in linux, I was able to reformat my HD and the system does not lock up during system preference screen. However, I still get occasional lock-ups in different apps.

What's the deal with this rapidshare site? I try to download something using the 'free' method which seems to be one download at a time, but when I try it, it says i have reached my limit of downloads. What? I haven't downloaded anything yet. I downloaded from piratebay, but the iso seemed to be corrupt. When nero burned the image, it failed disk verification on 2 different DVDs. I tried the install anyhow and the Leopard disk integrity check failed as well.

Can I get to this rapidshare site without paying somehow? Am I missing something here?

Many thanks.

i've solved whit a new dvd empty! XD

now: work...

but not really work!

i've Acronis Disk Director Suite 10...and after i selected the boot for mac: "HFS+ partition error"

i've only selected:

Ati for 1900 series

and

Guid Partitions

BUT WHIT PARTITION LOGICAL! IT'S WRONG? AND IT SHOULD TO BE PRIMARY? isn't true?

or Partition logical with mbr? or Partition Primary with Guid? i installed on the secondary HD (NOT IN THE HD SYSTEM WINDOWS (XP PRO))

ps: i'm sorry for english...but i'm italian! XD

HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I downloaded the dvd and am stuck on a reboot loop after darwin load. Is it because I have SSE2, or am I missing something????????

I have been reading this post and some people have asked the same ? with no one responding!!!

Is it because on SSE2 or not?

Thanks

you should set primary, then format on HFS with disk utility

i've solved whit a new dvd empty! XD

now: work...

but not really work!

i've Acronis Disk Director Suite 10...and after i selected the boot for mac: "HFS+ partition error"

i've only selected:

Ati for 1900 series

and

Guid Partitions

BUT WHIT PARTITION LOGICAL! IT'S WRONG? AND IT SHOULD TO BE PRIMARY? isn't true?

or Partition logical with mbr? or Partition Primary with Guid? i installed on the secondary HD (NOT IN THE HD SYSTEM WINDOWS (XP PRO))

ps: i'm sorry for english...but i'm italian! XD

HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I can not get my Dell Dimension 4700 up and running. Install goes smoothly then I restart and the drive will not boot. I have tried this 20 different times with different options selected. I am make the drive GUID in disk utility and selecting the guid in the install options. I am also selcting both vanilla, ati video card. The systems specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz

Intel 915G Express

Intel GMA 900

AC '97, High Definition Audio

Please help im trying to set this up for my father, he is thinking about buying a iMac and wants to try the OS out first.

Thanks,

Vic

If you never figured this out, I got Leopard working today on a Dimension 4700. I had to boot up the ToH Leopard RC2 DVD. Ran DiskUtility and partitioned the drive as GUID (full-size). I unmounted the hard drive in DiskUtility (right-click and Unmount on the newly created partition). Then, in Terminal, I installed pc_efi_v8, like so (where X and Y are the disk number and partition number respectively--these can be determined by right-clicking on your partition in DiskUtility and selecting "Information"):

./startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsY ./boot_v8

dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1

dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

Then I exited out of Terminal, and back to the Installer. Then I installed all of the packages except for Printer Drivers, because I don't need them. After the reboot, I got a kernel panic, so I booted up again with Install DVD and this time used Terminal to remove the kernel modules (extensions) that were causing problems. These turned out to be:

rm -rf /Volumes/[Leopard Volume]/System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext

rm -rf /Volumes/[Leopard Volume]/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

rm -rf /Volumes/[Leopard Volume]/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Then I copied the dsmos.kext kernel module over to the System's extension folder:

cp -R /Volumes/[uSB Drive]/EFI Pack/leopatch/ext/dsmos.kext/ /Volumes/[Leopard Volume]/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

Fixed the permissions on it:

chmod -R 775 /Volumes/[Leopard Volume]/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/[Leopard Volume]/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

Then I exited out of Terminal and went back to DiskUtility. Then I highlighted the Leopard partition (hard drive) and clicked on Repair Permissions. After this, I rebooted and the system booted with no problems.

WOW!!!!!! That is an intense answer to a somewhat in-depth question and I can't even get a yes or no as to whether or not the f!!!!!!!!cking dvd is making my computer restart after darwin loads because its SSE2 or not.

I have problems with instalation. I can't install by ordenary boot from dvd, because of jmicron dvd connected over IDE. In instalation over VMware i get the following errors:error.JPG

What is wrong? On my laptop Hp nx7300 the instalation is easy, but on my desktop Pc i can't install it...

Specifications:

Asus P5B

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300

1Gb DDR2

N7600GT

Thanks for help

P.s. The instalation of 10.4.9 goes well over VMware

Hello I need Help, I can't handle Vista Anymore and want to install mac os on my pc

pc spec

<h2 class="r">Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600</h2> <h2 class="r">ASUS P5N32 SLI

</h2> XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB DDR3

2 x IDE Samsung 250gb HD

2 x 1gb Corsair PC2-6400(400 mhs)

ASUS DRW-1814BL

Now i have tried both iAtkosv1 and update v1.02 and Kalway Leo 10.5.1intel sse2 sse3

the best i have achieved so far is the mac loading screen, have not made it to the installing part at all, have tried it on four diffrent machines with diffrent part.

Any Help Would Be Fantastic

ok, sorry for not browsing all the pages but there's just too many.. ;)

i was just wandering because im using Kalyway 10.5 (9a527) which is the only one working for my system, is updating using this release possible? i tried fresh install with kal 10.5.1 but no go.. thanks..

After instal KALYWAY to my computer (Asus P5B-E, Intel Core2 Duo, Mem 2Gb, ATI x1950, HDD SATA , DVD-ROM SATA),i hve received massage:CHAIN BOOTING ERROR. (i use methode C:\ CHAIN0)Plz anwer what im doing now.Many THX.
hi there, i have the same board ! p5b-ejust installed and works great !! :unsure: but sorry i don't know antything about chain method ..i put i on a usb hdd.
Are there any cheap laptops out there that will work with this "easily" right out of the box?NOT tech savvy.Thanks-JGB
buy a cheap used macbook ? :angel: nothing works out of the box with this far as i know
Hello I need Help, I can't handle Vista Anymore and want to install mac os on my pc pc spec <h2 class="r">Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600</h2> <h2 class="r">ASUS P5N32 SLI </h2> XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB DDR3 2 x IDE Samsung 250gb HD 2 x 1gb Corsair PC2-6400(400 mhs) ASUS DRW-1814BL Now i have tried both iAtkosv1 and update v1.02 and Kalway Leo 10.5.1intel sse2 sse3 the best i have achieved so far is the mac loading screen, have not made it to the installing part at all, have tried it on four diffrent machines with diffrent part. Any Help Would Be Fantastic
what did it do, it got stuck ? loading the installer can take 20minutes, just so you know. it takes 7 minutes here

взял, обновился с 10,4,10 на это.. (KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD)

при загрузке спрашивает имя и пароль), ввожу, но не принимает. подскажите что делать?