KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Ok guys,

I downloaded kaliway but it is not an ISO file, it is just a folder containint two folders, one is called Kaliway, the other one is called macosx...

can anyone tell me how to burn this as bootable?

thanks a lot.

There should be an ISO in the kalyway folder somewhere. Or you could be like me and have unzip compiled without large zip ( > 2GB) support.

Hi im new to OS X and already download iATKOS but it didnt really work for me.

I want to try out Kalaway but I dont have an account at Broken Stones.

Can someone please give me an invite code, i'll really appreciate it.

Thankyou in advance

my email address is thejokerrr@gmail.com

Hi im new to OS X and already download iATKOS but it didnt really work for me.

I want to try out Kalaway but I dont have an account at Broken Stones.

Can someone please give me an invite code, i'll really appreciate it.

Thankyou in advance

my email address is thejokerrr@gmail.com

no need, the torrents are out there, google knows where :blink:

Hello there. I've been trying for hours now to get it to boot with the dvd, but no luck! I've installed with MBR, GUID, 1 partition, 2 partitions etc, searching the forums.

When I boot I'm stuck at the blinking underscore, as if there is no bootloader installed on the partition. Please help me : )

Thanks.

no need, the torrents are out there, google knows where :)

Yes but i want to download from Broken Stones because they're private trackers and its faster.

Do u have an account? If so, can i get an invite.

If u dont have one, can u tell me where u downloaded ur torrent.

TY

Yes but i want to download from Broken Stones because they're private trackers and its faster.

Do u have an account? If so, can i get an invite.

If u dont have one, can u tell me where u downloaded ur torrent.

TY

got it from thepiratebay (search on their site for kalyway). It wasn't by any means fast (by fast I mean over 1MB/s download speed) but it only took 5 hours. My share ratio is already over 3.0 ;)

hello everyone,

for those having the black screen and the blinking underscore, you should try this:

i had the same problem until i formated my hdd from dos (windows FDISK), after that i went into the installer formated the drive from fat32 to mac osx and my problem went away.

hope this helps someone

I have a retail copy of Leopard. Is it possible to just get the Kalyway Installer without the whole ISO ?

Thanks

...Or any other means of doing it? Would a Retail Leopard on PC Hardware actually work? wouldn't you need the proper specific hardware? Would updating be consistent like a real mac once the Retail Leopard is installed? This is an interesting topic, and should probably be in a separate thread. There probably is one out there.

got it from thepiratebay (search on their site for kalyway). It wasn't by any means fast (by fast I mean over 1MB/s download speed) but it only took 5 hours. My share ratio is already over 3.0 :P

I tried downloading the torrent from TPB but i got 20-30 kilobyte per second downloads. Can u give me the exact link that you used to download the torrent. Sorry if this is any trouble to you i just want to try out Kalyway.

Does anyone know why I can't get the DVD installer to load? I've looked through the posts and tried -s, -x, -legacy, -vanilla and none of them work. I've messed around with BIOS settings to no avail. When I run the DVD with -v I get "loading hfs+ file: [mach_kernel]" and then the dvd drive spins down and nothing happens. I have a ThinkPad x61s if that helps. I'm pretty new at this and would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks.

Did any body try this ISO to install it into VMware? I try to install it but i always stuck with either "Hardware Kernel Fault", but if I use "-x -v" as parameter in Darwin installation... it always stop with error because of "read-only file system". THe host is Fujitsu A6030 Windows Vista, Intel 2GB RAM with VMware Workstation 6.

This is my VMware configuration:

---------------------------

config.version = "8"

virtualHW.version = "6"

scsi0.present = "FALSE"

memsize = "1000"

ide0:0.present = "TRUE"

ide0:0.fileName = "leopard.vmdk"

ide1:0.present = "TRUE"

ide1:0.fileName = "F:"

ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-raw"

floppy0.autodetect = "TRUE"

ethernet0.present = "TRUE"

ethernet0.connectionType = "hostonly"

ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"

sound.present = "TRUE"

sound.fileName = "-1"

sound.autodetect = "TRUE"

svga.autodetect = "FALSE"

pciBridge0.present = "TRUE"

mks.keyboardFilter = "allow"

displayName = "Leopard2"

guestOS = "winnt"

nvram = "Windows NT.nvram"

deploymentPlatform = "windows"

virtualHW.productCompatibility = "hosted"

tools.upgrade.policy = "useGlobal"

ide1:0.autodetect = "FALSE"

floppy0.fileName = "A:"

extendedConfigFile = "Windows NT.vmxf"

floppy0.present = "FALSE"

svga.maxWidth = "1024"

svga.maxHeight = "768"

svga.vramSize = "3145728"

paevm="TRUE"

Any help is appreciated,

THanks

Hi. First off, I want to say thanks for your work :blink:

But second off, I seem to encounter errors with this release. It installs very cleanly and nicely. (I'm trying this on a last gen Asus F3JP, with a Core 2 Duo, 2 gigs of RAM, 120gig Hard drive and an ATI Mobility Radeon x1700). I use the vanilla kernel and ACPI, the Natit ATI drivers for x1x0 cards and the boot EFI guid).

But when I try to boot (with an ethernet cable plugged in) after the install, I hit the following error everytime and the system hangs:

Jan 27 14:59:09 localhost mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-164 (Nov 4 2007 13:23:04)[46]: starting

Jan 27 14:59:10 localhost mds[45]: (/.Spotlight-V100/Store-V1/Stores/BF4612E7-2CD8-4FE5-AAE4-EB90E360D8DC)(Error) IndexCI in ContentIndexOpenBulk: No index

When I attempt to boot without an ethernet cable plugged in, it hangs at (paraphrasing)

PhyWaitingforPing TIMEOUT

And when i try to boot in safemode with -x (as was suggested to me), it hangs after ATI loads at (paraphrasing)

Natit: Video Setup=ATI Unknown Type

Any help regarding this would be nice. Or an answer if this is a fixable (by the user) issue or not.

This distro is brilliant. Set my BIOS. Ghosted my drive contents. Installed easily. I was up and running in no time.

Asus P5KE

Intel 6550

4gb DDR2 800MHz

etc.

I have 1-SATA 3.0 160gb drive I wiped for the install. I have 1-SATA 3.0 500gb drive formatted NTFS with files. I wiped the 160gb and formatted 2 partitions, one free space, one Mac OS Extended and installed Kalyway onto the partition. I partitioned GUID.

The one issue I have is that I cannot see that 500gb drive. It's NTFS with an MBR partition table. I tried Paragon. It didn't see it. Does PC-EFI using a GUID partition map have issues seeing another drive partitioned MBR? Ideas?

Thanks.

Ahh, as with every other 'distro' of leopard, It will just not install on this Compaq Presario V4000, if someone is willing to guide me through it, i'd be happy to pay. :wacko::help:

взял, обновился с 10,4,10 на это.. (KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD)при загрузке спрашивает имя и пароль), ввожу, но не принимает. подскажите что делать?
DVD должно boot. Могло быть ключ вы должны отжать для того чтобы boot оно. Что видом компьютера будет оно?*WRONG BOARD KINDA AS-WELL*

my problem is when installing it, about 99% of the installer(when the estimated time says almost a minute left) it displays an error stating that the installer cant continue then only a restart button is clickable. i think its when the installer makes a boot volume or something. sorry, im completely new to this.

need help, when installing the kalyway 10.5.1 installer, at the end part of the installing procedure, when the installer says that "about a minute left" the installer stops then displays an error message stating that " an unknown error occurred, please restart then try installing again". been restarting and doing it again and again and again and still with no avail. im currently using mac os tiger by jas, and it has no error in it. i really wanna try the Kalyway version. please help.

need help, when installing the kalyway 10.5.1 installer, at the end part of the installing procedure, when the installer says that "about a minute left" the installer stops then displays an error message stating that " an unknown error occurred, please restart then try installing again". been restarting and doing it again and again and again and still with no avail. im currently using mac os tiger by jas, and it has no error in it. i really wanna try the Kalyway version. please help.

That happened to me when I chose GUID (as opposed to MBR), maybe that's what's causing it.

So I tried a few times yesterday.

System: C2D 6600, MSI P6 Platinum SLI (Nvidia 650i), 2 MB Corsair Ram.

Initially, I couldn't get through the DVD boot. Then a helpful soul on IRC recommended I use this setting under advanced boot: CPUS=1 -x -v

(I tried code vanilla, but I got the plist error, don't know if there is a known fix for that version of install)

With those settings I got through the boot and clicked through the basic settings (English, Accept). It saw the drive I wanted to load to, but was wrong format. I went to Disk Utilites, selected the Disk, selected partition (1 partition, GUID) and Click ok. It started working, but then froze partway through.

Initially When I rebooted back to windows (to do some research and troubleshooting, I couldn't even see the drive, but now after a reboot it is showing in windows as a good drive (NTFS). Does that mean it got partitioned correctly?

I was told by a member in IRC that with the NVIDIA chipset I should change out to a Mach9 kernel and new NvidiaATA kext which I have downloaded and saved on my thumbdrive.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I think it might also be advisable to split this thread up into a couple different threads (How To, Successes, Tech Support, etc.) It is a little daunting trying to search through 90 pages of random information.

Most of the installation problems are due to your DVD burning, or hardware.

The hardware compatibility is simple, SEARCH.

As for the DVD Burning, when you get the ISO burn it at lowest possible speed, and handle the disk with care.

There's always a chance of losing 1 file when you burn a DVD, which can destroy the whole installation.

Hi, please someone could help me, I just install the macos 5.1 by kalyway for the third time, the install is complete, but when I reboot i couldn´t get in.

my config is:

Pentium D 930

asus p5vdc-x

2gb ram

2 hd, one sata II with windows and other IDE blank, Theorically with macos and ubuntu.

Ati 9600 pro (256mb - 128bit)