 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Ahhhh... So I'm going to need this if I plan to even load the OS correct? I'm not understanding this at all. I currently have Windows7 and would like to dual boot on my other HDD with Mac OSX here. Can someone please point me in the right direction of where to begin and where it should finish?

Ahhhh... So I'm going to need this if I plan to even load the OS correct?

Exactly.

I'm not understanding this at all. I currently have Windows7 and would like to dual boot on my other HDD with Mac OSX here. Can someone please point me in the right direction of where to begin and where it should finish?

Easiest way is to devote the entire second drive to OS X GUID partitioned during the install then once your install is done if you choose the option to have Chameleon installed the you should just be able to boot it. Now most BIOSs have the option to hit a key during post to select the device you would like to boot from so using this you can select your OS X drive as the one you would like to use at that time.

Got it thank you! What's the easiest x86 build people have had success with or does it really depend and it's just a bunch of trial and error?

It can be that the best idea is to search on your motherboard/video card ... among others to see what success others have had with them then go from there. You may want to consider making a signature listing all the hardware in the machine you plan to install on then we can see what we are dealing with and advise better on how to proceed. Now if you have not got the machine yet then the Gigabyte P35/P45 series of boards seem to have very good success with OS X don't think I have seen one that people could not get it installed on and there are plenty of guides on here for them.

Hey Karaakeha1, how did you get your 275 gtx working? Did you use OSX86Tools to generate custom efi string or some other method? Im thinking about upgrading to this build. Looks awesome!

You need a costumized EFI String and EVGA drivers on 10.5.7 and 10.5.8

Snow Leo works with only EFI String.

So how to get this to work:

1. EFI String

a. Go to http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=509 and download the files for GTX 285

follow the guide and use gfxutil in terminal ./gfxutil -f display

edit the plist for gtx285 with textedit

line <key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

customize it with your output from terminal from step 1a.

b. Edit <key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>AAAAOA==</data>

AAAAOA== changes VRAM size to 896 MB for gtx275

c. edit model to gtx 275 or whatever you want (just cosmetic)

d. use osx86tools to convert plist in hex and replace your EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist with that new string.

Tip: Do not use nano in Terminal for editing. it will cut the string. Just copy com.apple.boot.plist to Desktop and edit with textedit and put the file back to /Extra

2. Download the EVGA Drivers for OSX from their Website only if your smbios.plist gives you Macpro 4,1 in System Profiler

If not download the EVGA drivers with removed model check here http://rapidshare.de/files/47522089/NVIDIA...6.mpkg.zip.html and install the EVGA drivers

3. Shut down your Hack and install your new GTX reboot and you are done

Hey Karaakeha1, how did you get your 275 gtx working? Did you use OSX86Tools to generate custom efi string or some other method? Im thinking about upgrading to this build. Looks awesome!

I updated Latest EFI Studio For GTX 260,275,285

Can you please uplard DSDT.aml patched for 889A

how you patched this

EFIStudio.zip

I don't understand this part:

-Extract all the files to user root folder from Cameleon Files folder.

Open terminal type here in example I used three Disks Disk0 , Disk1 , Disk2(Mac OS X creates a small helper partition at the end of each RAID member disk Called Boot OSX) ,

where are the chameleon files is the OP talking about and I also tried the terminal commands and they do not work. So far I carbon cloned my working install to the raid i made in OSX, and then edited the com.apple.boot.plist with the raid ID and installed chameleon on the raid partition. but I am now stuck here... computer does not boot the raid...

Here is solution posted by Pista7 use attached Kext

Hi,

This is 100% not related to the file you posted but I noticed your system specs and wanted to ask a few Q's. it states on your signature that you are running 10.5.8 retail, I am thinking u installed 10.5.6 retail and upgraded to 10.5.8...right? The second question is, the files u have attached to your install guide, do they offer 100% compatibility with your board GA-X58-UD5?

I am asking cos I am picking up a new rig on saturday with the same specs u have but different Ram speed 1333 Mhz Tri channel and GTX 285 Grpahics card.

Thanks

Cruisar

Hi, i bought and im trying 10 days now to install GTX 260 - 216core on iPcOsx86 10.5.6 .

I made clean installation of iPc dvd i just checked driver for mobo (SATA ICHxxx) and network card Attasic L1.

Except of some finder/disk utility stucks ...leo working normally...but graphics on 1024x768 only...and also single monitor!

I tryed the aschar1's guide ... i get grey monitor (You need to restart your computer...)after disk repair and restart.

Since i'm noob everytime i get this i erase and installing leo from scratch and trying new methods...with no luck till today.

My specs :

Asus P5K

Intel Quad 2 core Q9450

4 gb ram Corsair 1033

Palit GTX260/216core 896 mb vram

1 hd 500gb

Thx in advance for yr help.

p.s. soz 4 my english

Hi, i bought and im trying 10 days now to install GTX 260 - 216core on iPcOsx86 10.5.6 .

I made clean installation of iPc dvd i just checked driver for mobo (SATA ICHxxx) and network card Attasic L1.

Except of some finder/disk utility stucks ...leo working normally...but graphics on 1024x768 only...and also single monitor!

I tryed the aschar1's guide ... i get grey monitor (You need to restart your computer...)after disk repair and restart.

Since i'm noob everytime i get this i erase and installing leo from scratch and trying new methods...with no luck till today.

My specs :

Asus P5K

Intel Quad 2 core Q9450

4 gb ram Corsair 1033

Palit GTX260/216core 896 mb vram

1 hd 500gb

Thx in advance for yr help.

p.s. soz 4 my english

USE 10.5.7 & up and drivers from EVGA site along with EFI string

• 3 weeks later...
I updated Latest EFI Studio For GTX 260,275,285

Hi karaakeha1, I have SL running with a GTX 275 using Latest EFI Studio For GTX 260,275,285

but I have only 1600x1200 resolution. Did you know how to set 1920x1200?

Thanks for EFI Studio :D

Asus P6T deluxe v2

i7 920

Gygabyte GTX275

6GB RAM

Sata HD's and DVD

Hi Karaakeha1 - in your signature I see that you are using OS X 10.5.8, but it also lists Snow Leopard, so I assume you are using multi-boot. I want to install Snow Leopard, but I wonder -- did you need to use any new/additional kexts for SnowLeopard?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, could any of help me out? Im new here. Im currently using HP Pavillion Dv2 - 1003AX. Its a AMD Athlon-Neo Processor, with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 graphic card. I was just wondering whether the Mac OS X 10.5.6 would work on my laptop. And if yes, where could i find the instructions to do so. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends,

I'm trying to install Leo 10.5 following this post, I'd stoped cause I've lost an archive "post-patch.sh" could U be so kind to explain me where can it be foud or if it's not enought necessary.

Thanks for the guide and the hard work U're doing to support this project.

I am having Dell 1545

i have downloaded iatkos v7.

i already have vista home basic on e drive and windows 7 on c drive,also a d drive with my data in it(no OS is installed in d drive)

i shrunk d drive and created a new volume of 15GB (drive g).

i inserted iatkos v7 dvd, booted and proceeded through installer.

Then i erased the g drive volume with mac format mac journeled in the disk utility,

then i customized the installation for installing various drivers as:

- iATKOS v7 Main System

- Bootloader: Chameleon v2

- X86 Patches:

• /extra directory
  • DSDT
  • Decrypters: AppleDecrypt
  • Smbios Drivers: NONE
  • Kernel: 9.7.0 Kernel Voodoo
  • Disabler

- Drivers:

— VGA: NONE

— System:

• SATA/IDE:
    AHCI
    Intel SATA/IDE
  • Intel Speedstep:
    Speedstep driver
    Throttling control
  • Sound: NONE,
  • PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard: Voodoo PS/2 Driver
  • Laptop Battery
  • Ext2fs
  • NTFS-3G

— Network:

• Wired: Broadcom BCM440x
  • Wireless: Broadcom BCM43xx

- Post-Install Actions

-------------------------------------------------------------

I ticked only the above choices.

then the installation began ,after the installation it asked for a reboot, i clicked on reboot now.

System rebooted, but did not start up.

when i forced restarted it again booted from the cd, the installer started again(very annoying).

when i booted without the DVD my both the OS got corrupted (perhaps boot file was corrupted/modified ).

it displayed boot error

i used my vista installer disk to fix the boot files (and now it displays vista (recovered). windows 7 (recovered) at the OS boot choice).

do i need to copy boot file for leopard to make it working.

but i m not able to install osx86 on ma laptop.

i have referred many posts , but could not find and step guide to install osx86 with iatkos_v7

pls help me out to install it.

i want to use leopard along with windows 7 and vista.(multi boot)

i have some questions:

1) what is difference between iatkos.ipc DVD,ideneb and myhack (found them from google.)

2)will i have to format the entire HD to make Multi boot possible on my system?

3)do i need any other cd/dvd for iatkos v7 to intall.(heard abt chameleon bootloader, is Chameleon included in the iatkos? OR, do I have to make a seperate DVD for chamelon?)

4)which of the above method (iatkos,ipc DVD,ideneb and myhack)

is the best one to install leopard on dell 1545?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have an ASUS F6A-X2 and had to boot with the flag "-v cpus=1" too keep it from freezing. Everything has worked fine up to this point, I just need to know what drivers and fixes I'm supposed to use. Are you supposed to check all of the fixes, patches, alternative bootloaders, and such? Most importantly, though, where do I go to figure out what drivers I'm going to need to use? Where do I go to find a comprehensive list of what hardware I have and what drivers I'll need. In short: what in the holy mother of God do I do at this point?