 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Here is what I did.

-Boot Grub-dfe (search for grub-dfe.iso)

-boot OS X retail

-format GUID

-install

-boot grub-dfe

-point to install

-create account

-install update

-boot grub-dfe

-boot again (update install)

-boot grub-dfe

-boot updated OS

-install Chameleon 2.0-r431 (installer)

-copy grub-dfe (buried in the .img file) files over to Chameleon Extras/Extensions

-Should be able to boot freestanding.

-Then you can install drivers in either HD/Extra/Extensions or into S/L/E to get hardware going

Seems to work. FAst, clean.

Khan

Hi,

i have a Problem with installing the EFI Studio EFI.

Wenn I klick on "EFI Installation", than I get the Message: "Wrong Partition Type! The Volume must be a GUID type partition.".

But my partition is a GUID type!

It's a Retail on a PC. It worked for 4 months, but I must format my OSX Partition!

Can anyone help me?

Greets

Jannomag

Thanks, I'll try it out this week. Can I install Chameleon on the same HD that Vista is on? Can it instal on an MBR drive?

Are you using separate hard drives or one drive in 2 partitions? Separate drives is easier, you install Chameleon on the drive with OSX and make sure its the first drive in the boot order. One drive split into 2 partitions might be trickier. You might end of having to reinstall Vista.

GREAT GUIDE :)

I talked to people inside irc.osx86.hu and putting efi-9 on a usb-stick seems to be trouble for everyone,

but everyone else including me are getting stupid error messages at boot com.apple.boot/S/L/P etc. missing.

hope you can help me to manage my boot-loader:

Partitions:

1.) Leopard 10.5.6

2.) Snow Leopard 10.6

3.) XP-SP3

wanna be able to boot all of them.

At the moment with Cham2 i can only boot Leo + XP... no Snow-Leo :-(

Hope u know a way to boot all 3 without much trouble and without a boot-CD.

Of course u know that Snow uses a different boot file then leo.

i don't wanna have to wait for next cham-version.

thx

Hello

im install leopard 10.5.7(retail) on my Asus rampage 2 gene and i7@920 but works good.

one problem is after reboot say my mobo bios "please press F1 to recover bios setting"

leopard reset my bios settings ->AHCI to IDE when start up

please help and sorry for my bad english

Hey people. I have a Toshiba Satellite model A305-S6872. I was wondering if anyone could tell me wat the best and easiest way to install OS X on it is. I have done so before, but it kept crashing. For my first install, I used the Kalyway install. Everything worked fine except the webcam and Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi card is the Intel 5100, which I understand is under development. For my second install, I used iPC. It was even worse, but I didnt have to go through the whole update thing with backing up me Kexts. The ethernet didnt work, sound didnt... etc. On both installs the webcam didnt work. Help would be greatly appreciated. Again my two questions: What is the best way to installl OSx86 on the Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872, and how do I get the webcam to work.

Thanks,

Alibum

well i donwnloaded this.. and other leopard.. the one for amd x64 .. the other one i donwloaded stop when asking me for import old files.. this one.. the kalyway.. boot.. then .. white screen .. and the led of caps lock and num lk are flashing.. i have an hp dv5 1004 nr .. i need to run leopard on this.. what can i do ?

thanks bros

I use command "open osinstall.mpkg" and It show up open failed Couldn't open "OSinstall.mpkg"

Is I do something wrong. what i have to do next?

Thanks

I am kinda new here, so can someone helo to understand this? I want to be able to install OSX onto my work laptop, its a Toshiba Tecra A9. This guide seems to already need Leopard installed.. how do i do that on a Windows Vista Laptop?

I've been running 10.5.6 installed by following Karaaheha1's "simple guide" since December 2008 (see my signature for current details). The system has been so great and stable that I resisted updating to 10.5.7 till today. My first step was to install Chameleon 2.0RC1 which is great - it gives me a graphical display of bootable partitions and boot options. My update steps for 10.5.7 were:

• reboot to my backup 10.5.6 system (kept up-to-date with Super Duper)
  • install 10.5.7 combo update to my main boot drive
  • run Karaakeha1's postpatch using the 10.5.6 kext pack and OpenHaltRestart.kext
  • reboot to the 10.5.7 system.

Everything is fine!

I've seen some post wondering about the guide's approach needing a working Leopard system to start with. This is because the method requires a working Leopard system on a different drive from which to modify the retail installation's kext's; for example, my system won't start after the initial install or an OS update until the kexts have been modified. Originally, I used a drive with a Kalyway installation on it, but as soon as I got my system working I set up scheduled backups to a second drive, and now when I want to do a major update like 10.5.7 I boot from the backup and do the update and kext modification from there.

im having sleep problems now, im sure it's working before :D my mobo sleeps fine when i choose sleep manually via the apple menu but it's not working if i leave it alone or even if i set to 1 min.

i also dont have this "Restart automatically after power failure" option. running retail 10.5.6 DVD. Maybe someone can help me on this. Tnxs

29z6gwn.png

im having sleep problems now, im sure it's working before :rolleyes: my mobo sleeps fine when i choose sleep manually via the apple menu but it's not working if i leave it alone or even if i set to 1 min.

i also dont have this "Restart automatically after power failure" option. running retail 10.5.6 DVD. Maybe someone can help me on this. Tnxs

29z6gwn.png

Auto Sleep no more works in 10.5.7

alguin me podria ayudar en mi problema? me descargue el IPC OS X 10.5.6 y trato de instalarlo y me cuando creo que comienza a cargar sobre el icono de mac me sale un loguito de error intente tambien presionando F8 y tecleando -v y tamb me da error osea no me inicia ya ando desesperado..! mi pc es:

amd athlon 64 5600 + 2.8

tarjeta madre abit ax78

dos targetas de video ati hd 3650 de 512

unidad de dvd ID

DD 80gb sata

I swear I tried reading this "guide" like 10 times in the last couple of months. I just wish somebody would translate it into non-dyslexic English.

"Install patch to usual place, OK. This is post install. Now requires the files from provided folder, look down" etc...

• 2 weeks later...
I swear I tried reading this "guide" like 10 times in the last couple of months. I just wish somebody would translate it into non-dyslexic English.

"Install patch to usual place, OK. This is post install. Now requires the files from provided folder, look down" etc...

Just use Kext Helper (google it). Very easy.

question...: how do i delete other entries in chameleon 2.0, now i got 5 entries for each partition one. i only want to have the Mac and Windows partition in de boot screen...

please help me out

greetinz

Leopard retail instillation

simplified guide( See Below After RAID Guide)

April 7: Installed Chameleon 2.0 RC1 works Great. Thanks to Chameleon Developers. Finally able to dual boot with Windows 7 or windows Vista on separate Hard Drive. (Download Chameleon Link Below )

those who has widescreen monitor can fix the stretched Apple boot logo ( thanks again to Chameleon 2.0) by just changing the resolution in theme.plist of default theme in extra folder.

Checkout Chameleon 2.0 RCI in action pics below

2uhy15h.jpg

2cot1kg.jpg

Mouse Lag fix: this lag is quite obvious in 10.5.6 after installing latest Quicktime and iTunes.

I just deleted the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext . than delete Extensions.mkext before restart . Mouse lag Gone :)

Dec 22 Update

AppleAHCIPort.Kext Build 31 (ver 1.5.2) Adds ID for ICH7 to ICH10

IOAHCIFamily.kext Build 294 (ver 1.5.0) shows SATA drive as internal

JMicronATA.kext latest Vanilla just added Jmicron ids

Above three kexts are vanilla just Device ids are added

See attachment below for new kexts pack

For Sleep to work make sure in Energy Saver -Restart Automatically after a Power Failure is checked Credit goes to Jan Bird

29z6gwn.png

Sep 18, 2008 Sleep Issue. I was investigating Why Leopard Fails Sleep when idle. Found that Paragon NTFS was the cause I deactivated and Voila ! Leopard is able to go sleep on its own. Same Issue with MacFuse. This Issue affects even MacBook Or MacBook Pr

11 July, For Restart fix -Open AppleACPIPlatform Binary in hex Editor & replace E8 A0 FF FF FF with B0 FE E6 64 F4 ( thanks to CharlesB )

attached below latest AppleACPIPlatform.kext

For Advance user only RAID Install

Two Methods Chameleon EFI & EFI v8 listed below

I prefer Chameleon EFI as you can directly boot from Software RAID

Chameleon EFI RAID Guide

You need two or more Drives I used three Drives for Stripe RAID by Disk reading Xbench score alone jumped to over 190

5cm5u.jpg

Use diskutility to make raid volume of your desire

Important :

1. Make sure first install the Leopard Retail to the Destination RAID Drive.You can install Retail Leopard From Disk or Carbon Copy Clone from Existing Retail Leopard install.

2. Apply post patch as usual RAID Drive

3 than Edit com.apple.boot.plist (Drag drop on the desktop edit than replace)in the RAID volume add to Kernal Flags

boot-uuid=RAID Identifier

For RAID Identifier:using "Disk Utility.app", right click on your root volume, then Information

it will look like following pic

sb7xg7.png

4.Make sure you Install Chameleon EFI after Step 3(after addding UUID to com.apple.boot.plist) other wise Raid won't boot.

-Extract all the files to user root folder from Cameleon Files folder.

Open terminal type here in example I used three Disks Disk0 , Disk1 , Disk2(Mac OS X creates a small helper partition at the end of each RAID member disk Called Boot OSX) ,

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk2

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s3
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk2s3

diskutil mount disk0s3
cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX
diskutil unmount disk0s3
diskutil mount disk1s3
diskutil unmount disk1s3
diskutil mount disk2s3
diskutil unmount disk2s3

You are Done Boot to Raid Good Luck

look at mine Three Disk Striped Raid Pic

11j9hk1.jpg

Tip to Automatically select RAID during boot

than open the Disk Utility to check RAID Identifier(Select RAID and click info) Copy that

than you need to edit com.apple.boot..plist on the BOOT partition not the RAID

add

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>boot-uuid=Paste Raid Identifier here</string>

this make sure you automatically boot from RAID Volume

1hwi2w.jpg

Included in install Package new AppleSMBIOS which is functionally best so far with following advantages

DVD player , adobe CS3 , LogmeIn ,Carbon Copy Cloner( make your you have installed EFI to the cloning drive after Cloning )works

With included kexts, Hard Drive shows as internal and if in Bios is AHCI mode they are even Hot swappable eSATA

Sleep, Restarts works fine with vanilla kernel 9.6.0

In the forum down Eclau post also shows step by step how to make custom EFI String for Video card ,Time machine fix,Sound

Here is updated Simple Guide

Leopard Retail Install with Chameleon EFI

For any Retail Leopard install First requirement is working Leopard

Partition Destination Drive with Disk utility Select GUID partition

how to install EFI

To install Chameleon EFI its very simple because now it has installer . just run and select the right drive

Install Leopard

Mount the Leopard retail DVD or its Image. I prefer image as instillation is very fast 5-6 mins

In terminal Copy Paste

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

open osinstall.mpkg

Install on right Destination Drive

Than install 10.5.6 Combo update on the right drive

Now to remove incompatible kext or install requird one

Put kext file in the user folder(users/currentuser(yourusername)/

Open post patch change (destination=Name of Drive where retail leopard is installed)

Open terminal and drag drop post patch

this included Sound file is for GA P35 DS4 or similar Gigabyte motherboard & GFX EFI string for nvidia 7600 GT Card

Make sure in Post patch sh file you replace with drive name(Leopard) with yours Drive name

Boot with new Drive and enjoy :D Good luck with your built

For EFI String for VIDEO , Network, Audio

use Latest EFI Studio ,Select Devices and Click Wrtie to com.apple.boot.plist will add Automatically for you. Now you can even install EFI on destination Drive by this

35bb42a.jpg

question...: how do i delete other entries in chameleon 2.0, now i got 5 entries for each partition one. i only want to have the Mac and Windows partition in de boot screen...

please help me out

greetinz

USE Chameleon RC2

Here is updated Simple Guide

Leopard Retail Install with Chameleon EFI

For any Retail Leopard install First requirement is working Leopard

Partition Destination Drive with Disk utility Select GUID partition

how to install EFI

To install Chameleon EFI its very simple because now it has installer . just run and select the right drive

Install Leopard

Mount the Leopard retail DVD or its Image. I prefer image as instillation is very fast 5-6 mins

In terminal Copy Paste

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

open osinstall.mpkg

Install on right Destination Drive

Then install 10.5.7 Combo update on the right drive

Placed my kexts into Chameleon 2.0 rc2 Extras folder

and installed the x2000 natit plus hd3650.pkg

picture1lyw.png

It was a total success. thank you very much

Comps: q8200, 4Gb RAM 1066Mhz, GA-EP45-UD3P, HIS HD3650 IceQ 512MB, Seagate 1TB