 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

HI there, i just istalled usb method i can boot into SL with the usb but since i set up a mirrored raid i cant get the boot to work, I tried your method but i just errors, (see photo) any idea what ive done wrong??

thanks for the help

Screen%20shot%202010-01-27%20at%2012.33.56%20AM.jpg

EDIT:

FIX: ok, so copy and pasting the code was not good enough, i had to drag the file boot0 into terminal to get it to work.. boot still wont work read next post.

ok so i can boot from my USB install USB install guide but when i pull the usb out it wont work.. so i tried the manual install from this guide, but i got these errors.

RAID Install:
 -------------

Suppose that your installation is on /dev/disk3, which is either a mirror- or a
 stripeset consisting of /dev/disk0 and /dev/disk1

Mac OS X creates a small helper partition at the end of each RAID member disk,
 namely /dev/disk0s3 and /dev/disk1s3

- Install boot0 to the MBR of both disks:
	  sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
	  sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1

- Install boot1h to the bootsector of each boot partition:
	  sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3
	  sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s3

- Install boot to both helper partition's root directories.
	  diskutil mount disk0s3
	  cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX
	  diskutil unmount disk0s3
	  diskutil mount disk1s3
	  cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX
	  diskutil unmount disk1s3

- Add "rd=uuid boot-uuid=506D8F03-0596-32D8-BE0B-E3A4E7D5C72A" to your kernel flags
 (replace with your root volume's UUID; find out using "Disk Utility.app", right
 click on your root volume, then Get Info"):
	  nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
	  touch /System/Library/Extensions

KP in -x mode even when i booted from the usb, it also reset my bios setttings as well.

IMG_3014.JPG

Now i guess im getting a KP because i used the CHA 2.0 RC4's boot0 and boot1h, and not the one from the USB package, and never moved the proper files to the 3rd partition. im guessing that i need to move some of the USB files to the 3rd partition.. here is what is on it right now

boo.jpg

so can anyone help me with what i need to move (com.apple.plist) etc? extras folder?? Much much appriciated!

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought 2 WD 500G's off newegg $55 each :)

i booted my working leo install single drive.

created the raid, used CCC, followed your Chameleon install steps.

i am unable to boot the system when i have my orig leo drive unplugged.

chameleon loads, i see my 2 raid drives in the boot menu, but when i select 1 it starts to load with -v but panics.

"Mac OS version Not Yet Set"

"Unable to find driver for this platform ACPI"

i'm using chamelon 2 rc1 v431

on my raid drive "/Volumes/macraid" in /L/Pref/SC/com.apple.boot.plist is vanilla

on my 2 helper boot partitons "/Volumes/Boot\ OSX/" i have my Extra folder there with addon kexts.

in /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/com.apple.boot.S/L/Pref/SC/com.apple.boot.plist only has my "boot-uuid=blah"

in /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist has my "boot-uuid=blah" and my EFI gfx string.

in /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/Extra/Extensions/ i have:

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

dsmos.kext

this /Extra folder is copied from my working leo single drive /EFI partition

i usually get kernel panics, or it'll log in but a few seconds and it will freeze, or i get MCE on boot....

any ideas?

do i have some kext conflicts? or some extra/conflicting boot.plists?

funny thing is, if i boot my orig leo single drive, it actually sets my raid as the boot drive. shows in about this mac boot drive macraid. i can even unplug the sata cable from my single drive on the fly and the system stays up. its like my single drive is somehow just a boot drive now.

but if i boot w/ my single drive unplugged or choose a raid drive in bios to boot, it freezes on startup seen in pic I posted above.

do i need to re install my OS to 10.5.6 so i dont have to muck w/ the dsdt?

funny thing is, if i boot my orig leo single drive, it actually sets my raid as the boot drive. shows in about this mac boot drive macraid. i can even unplug the sata cable from my single drive on the fly and the system stays up. its like my single drive is somehow just a boot drive now.

but if i boot w/ my single drive unplugged or choose a raid drive in bios to boot, it freezes on startup seen in pic I posted above.

do i need to re install my OS to 10.5.6 so i dont have to muck w/ the dsdt?

Sorry I can't remember what steps I took exactly, but last spring I did my first hackintosh build from scratch. I did the same thing, software raid on two 500 drives. I forget the thread but there was one that may have talked about the why of your problem. Unless I am totally misreading you, there has to be a small partition the system can boot to, then hand off to a raid disk in the raid array.

I ended up with an inelegant solution but a working one. I created to small drives (was recommended to put the same on each of the two raid drives although one is pretty useless) My raid boots fine but it boots to the small startup drive and finishes booting on the Raid drive. SO it actually appears to boot raid.

If it had no other drive to look for pre-raid, it could not boot into raid. Is your drive which cannot be disconnected part of your raid set up without realizing it? It has to go somewhere before raid boot.

I PM'd peach-os who had a couple posts in here about dsdt and raid. he said it works to put dsdt on the "boot osx" partitions of each of my raid drives.

I tried that lastnight but still no luck booting in the os just hangs after i choose a drive in chameleon.

my system finds chameleon fine when i choose in bios to boot 1 of the raid drives. but freezes when it's loading kexts and what not after i choose the drive in "-v" mode. so i think it's something is messed up w/ my kexts or dsdt or something. something is not loading correctly. i've tested my dsdt and it works great on my single drive. i've probably mucked something up from when i 1st created the raid and now with all the moving/editing files. I think i'm going to re-create the raid tonight and re-do the CCC.

either that or look into raid snowy :D

thanks for the help

oh my! i got it working.

I had to diskutil erase my raid drives, recreated the raid, did a fresh CCC to the raid, and followed the guide. i must have missed a step b4. thanks so much for the guide! my system is soo much snappier. <3 it.

Hello guys im new here and i really want to have mac os x on hp pavilion dv6-1323tx.. plzz help me i got the retail snow leopard got it for $30.. i can’t intall it so i need your help guys..

Heres my specs for my laptop:

Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600* (2.1GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP Brightview Infinity Display (1366x768)

Memory: 4096MB DDR2 (2 Dimms)

Hard Drive: 500GB 5400RPM SATA

LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±RW with Double Layer Support

Intel® WiFi Link 5100 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4530 with 512MB graphics

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Premium

Email me here r0mm3l1329@live.com

For full drivers and guides step by steps will be the best. Thanks i hope u can help me..

this is a thread for 10.5.6 (leo), please check out the how to section for snow leo:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=178

Hello guys im new here and i really want to have mac os x on hp pavilion dv6-1323tx.. plzz help me i got the retail snow leopard got it for $30.. i can’t intall it so i need your help guys..

Heres my specs for my laptop:

Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600* (2.1GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP Brightview Infinity Display (1366x768)

Memory: 4096MB DDR2 (2 Dimms)

Hard Drive: 500GB 5400RPM SATA

LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±RW with Double Layer Support

Intel® WiFi Link 5100 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4530 with 512MB graphics

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Premium

Email me here r0mm3l1329@live.com

For full drivers and guides step by steps will be the best. Thanks i hope u can help me..

Ok, I have a RAID installation with snow leopard (AppleRAID striped on 2 drives) and have installed the latest version of chameleon on it (using this and other guides). Everything works, except for one problem: When I boot into Chameleon, there is a countdown to boot into my RAID, so far so good . But when I press a button to go into the menu and select manually, the RAID drive is gone from the menu. So I can only boot into windows or linux, the mac drive just doesn't show up in the menu :s. Is there a way to fix this? I have searched different sites but this just seems to only happen to me :s...

What brand of the 7900 GTX 512 MB works for the Quadro FX hack and hackintosh usability ?

My system was not so good with the 8800... My system with the 3870 is flawless (natit in my guide) - my GF is very happy and my sleep patterns are good :) I highly recommend itI asked Netkas personally which card he recommended and he said the 3870... i have never questioned that choice BUT... if your bent on getting a Nvidia... here is some advice:Cards I would recommend in order of hackintosh goodness are as follows:No 1: BFG 8800GTX OC2 768 MB. Same physical layout as Quadro FX 5600 and can be flashed to this card quite easily. Currently the king - No 2: 8800 GT 512 MB.No 3: 7900 GTX 512 MB Still a heavy hitter and can now be picked up at a fairly budget price on ebay. Needs flashing though to work with a hack. Can be flashed to Quadro FX 5500.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm getting error while installing bootloaders (while they're patching DSDT particularly),

it says DSDT text file not found ....

and its repeated like 15 times and then prompts to restart after installation complete notice . (on bootloader installation)

I'm on core i7 CPU and can only start setup with cpus=1 and busratio=20 ! cannot boot up after setup though with any flags !!

any ideas what I should do ?!

Thank you! I can't seem to get past the installation. With both iDeneb and iAtkos (iDeneb burned at slowest speed possible) I got the Dirty Disc please clean and try again notification. Help? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can Anyone help me i have a Vostro 200 Slim Tower, i have been trying to get mac os x installed on it and all of them i have tried are failures in the end

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo

Network Card Intel 82562v-2

Sound Card Realtek

2.00 Gigs of ram

Video For right now i have Intel G33 i have to get a new one it burned up Nvidia 9400 GT

2.4 Gighz

If Anyone can tell me what version that i need to install or what it would be nice

Thanks, Anikan