[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

are you talking about in info.plist or version.plist?

EDIT: Okay, scratch that. I was able to find the configuration.plist file and modify the minimum ram parameteres, but unfortunately still no go.

are you talking about in info.plist or version.plist?

EDIT: Okay, scratch that. I was able to find the configuration.plist file and modify the minimum ram parameteres, but unfortunately still no go.

if you have the 0x3582 card look for the post that offers the kext files for it. Its in this topic somewhere instal them with the sudo commands then delete all the kexts with intel 915 in them rename the files you downloades after them so the intel830 kext and the intel915 kexts are really the modified 830 files. then reboot it should say quartz supported . I am horrible at explaining stuff I know but hopefully you get what i am saying.

I had a 3582 laptop, and I did everything this post says..and I only managed to get the "blue screen" with blank windows and stuff..:angry:

I know some people said you need to load windows before, but I tryed and everything looks the same..so game over for quartz extreme.

Any other idea?

I had a 3582 laptop, and I did everything this post says..and I only managed to get the "blue screen" with blank windows and stuff..:angry:

I know some people said you need to load windows before, but I tryed and everything looks the same..so game over for quartz extreme.

Any other idea?

hmmm did you replace all the intel915 kexts with the intel830 ones.

All the intel kexts and the intergrated graphics one need to point to your grafx card.

if you have the 0x3582 card look for the post that offers the kext files for it. Its in this topic somewhere instal them with the sudo commands then delete all the kexts with intel 915 in them rename the files you downloades after them so the intel830 kext and the intel915 kexts are really the modified 830 files. then reboot it should say quartz supported . I am horrible at explaining stuff I know but hopefully you get what i am saying.

Hi!

This is the way how I have made my intel855GM integrated card to run QE. You explained the thing quite clear. I am running OSX86 on my Toshiba Satellite A40 laptop with sound and QE support. The only thing I didn´t reach is CoreImage. Is tossible to eneble this with this video card? Is someone working in the drivers? Who? How can I help?

Thank you!

Hi!

This is the way how I have made my intel855GM integrated card to run QE. You explained the thing quite clear. I am running OSX86 on my Toshiba Satellite A40 laptop with sound and QE support. The only thing I didn´t reach is CoreImage. Is tossible to eneble this with this video card? Is someone working in the drivers? Who? How can I help?

Thank you!

for coreimage we need more video ram. I am wondering if there is away to use darwin up the shared ram

hmmm did you replace all the intel915 kexts with the intel830 ones.

All the intel kexts and the intergrated graphics one need to point to your grafx card.

I tryed once (but what you are referring is to use 915 driver in 830´s kext), and I got exactly the same, also I´ve tryed every kext packages posted in this thread...no luck at all.

Btw please SOMEBODY STOP ASKING CI ON 8XX chipsets. Core Image isn´t anything but an non 3d implementation of pixel shaders, which I SERIOUSLY doubt any intel <915 has.

So, you dont get coreimage because your graphic chipset doesn´t support it.

Got the native 1280x768 resolution and QE working on my 852/855 Intel integrated graphics equipped Averatec AV1050 by changing the Device ID in the Info.plist for the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext and by copying the AppleIntel830.kext folder from the Darwin CD...

I also used chmod and chown to fix the permssions, removed the AppleIntel915.kext, Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, and then rebooted with the -F option. Thanks for the tip on page 5 of this thread!

I've tried the method someone gave with the 0x3582 and I keep getting a blue screen, even after I boot into Windows and restart to OS X.

This is what DxDiag says:

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_3084103C&REV_02

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3712 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/7/2003 11:46:56, 36927 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys

Mini VDD Date: 11/7/2003 11:45:46, 94075 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-76C2-11CF-0C7D-8E10A3C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x3582

SubSys ID: 0x3084103C

Revision ID: 0x0002

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I have Asus laptop 5012 with intel extreme 2 graphic card

I tired this metod

1. Installed the Generic 1 Patched DVD

2. Booted in -x

3. Deleted all AppleIntel* kext

4. Extracted the attached kext into /System/Library/Extensions

5. Chmod them

6. Wheel them

7. In terminal wrote> touch /System/Library/Extensions

8. Rebooted

9. Used -v -F boot parameters

10. QE enabled

EDIT: Removed content violating DMCA

But when i Restart my laptop it stand up with black and white screen. (stripes, and souch strange shapes)

When i restart My computer in safe mode it says that i have

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x3582

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

And my /System/Library/Extensions files looks that:

165-dzi-3:~ cnav$ cat /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel830.kext/Contents/Info.plist | grep -A 1 IOPCIMatch

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x25628086 0x25728086 0x35828086</string>

--

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x25828086 0x25928086 0x35828086</string>

165-dzi-3:~ cnav$

165-dzi-3:~ root# cat /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist | grep -A 1 IOPCIMatch

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x35828086</string>

165-dzi-3:~ root#

and structure of files looks in that way

165-dzi-3:~ root# ls -la /System/Library/Extensions | grep AppleIntel

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 3 09:09 AppleIntel830.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 3 09:09 AppleIntel830GA.plugin

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 3 09:09 AppleIntel830GLDriver.bundle

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 3 09:09 AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

165-dzi-3:~ root#

Alose dmesg says

VGA: family specific matching fails

display: family specific matching fails

Matching service count = 2

But macosx says that it is 3582..

Dont have windows to check other methods

I will be glad for any sugestion or respond on this topic, cause i dont have enought strange to fight with it and no more ideas

Edited by Metrogirl

• 2 weeks later...

ok this might be a little late, but I have a bit of a problem with this fix,

I have a 865gcl board

I edited the Info.plist in the AppleIntel830.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext with the 0x25728086 string

changed the permissions and the owner with the chmod and chown, but when I boot I get "display: family specific matching fails" and "Couldn`t alloc class "Intel830""

What might be the problem here ? any help is appriciated. Thanks in advance

Hi,

I've got a Vaio VGN-B1XP and I've tried to understand exactly what you have done here but didnt quite under stand

I 'got :

Screen Size 14.1"

Max Screen Resolution 1400 x 1050

Screen Technology SXGA TFT

Video Chipset Intel 855GME

Could you give any advice on where to find the files and how to load the drivers?

Best Regards -Jon

i will give up (reinstalling 6 x).

my graphiccard is working but without QE (after edition 2 kextfiles). can anyone post the 4 files i need?

my card:

intel 82852/82855 GM/GME, graphic controller, Intel (0x8086), Device ID 0x3582, Revision ID 0X0002

Im' gunna guess that 845* onboard graphics just wont support QE or CI? Has anyone gotten any 845*'s work'n?

I must have thrown everything but hte kitchen sink at it and its still a no go... perhaps when I do throw the kitchen sink at it .. it will be ah new comp thats graphics are supported =0D (I'm using a Compaq Presario 1103WM souly for OSX86).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem. :D

I have a full native working OS X with Intel GUXL motherboard with GMA900. But recently, I put a Quadro FX 540 PCIE on my GUXL board. And now, with 10.4.1 DVD or 10.4.3 DVD or 10.4.1 partition, or 10.4.3 partition, with -x, -v, -f etc... it's impossible to boot as soon as my Quadro is pluged... I can't choose Intel GMA 900 as primary screen in the BIOS, so I have no picture from the display connected to the GMA900, and with the Quadro I always have "Display: family specific matching fails" and then it's stuck...

I need this Quadro card to work with Maya under Windows XP, but if I can boot with OS X for everything else, it's much better :D (very tired to remove my Quadro every time I want OS X ! )

If anyone can help me, to boot with the GMA900 with the Quadro plugged or to boot with the Quadro it will be nice !

• 2 weeks later...