[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

darn, if the video card can display higher resolution and the Wlan is supported, my 10.4.6 would be perfect. will that day eventually come?

It's kind-of a step backwards, but I simply replaced my intel 2200bg with a dell 1350 minipci card ($20 shipped on ebay) and now my wlan works perfectly. I've also heard the dell 1450 works fine with 700m (but this only adds 802.11a support over the 1350, and costs about $10 more.) Both dell cards are Broadcom chipsets.

I installed 10.4.6 last night, which was my first install of osx86, and my 700m is working perfectly (except that I'm stuck at 1024x768), but I am impressed at how well everything else works without any tweaking so far.

I'm on a laptop with the 852 chipset and I can not get any monitors to be detected. When I press the function keys to turn off my lcd and activate the crt, the computer frezzes up. Also, when I press detect displays, it does nothing. I do not have ci or qe enabled. I do have the ability to switch resolutions.

Hellò. In my /System/Extensions/Library aren't the directory "IntelIntegratedGRaphics.kext" and the "i830.kext", there are only appleintel915.kex My version macosx 10.4.6

I've a 855chipset and 1280x768 resolution but in macosx only 1024x768 support, i think if i match the string and load the driver the display run in a correctly resoltuion.

Can anyone upload the files i830*.* and appleintegratedgraphics*.*?? thanks

Honestly guys, try reading the thread.

-The AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext and AppleIntel830.kext from 10.4.1 will NOT work with any newer versions of OSX.

-They have been replaced with AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and other kexts that do NOT support the old 855GME chipset.

-The source code for the original kext was either a)pulled from the Apple site, or b)never released to begin with, depending on who you ask.

-NO, it's not that simple to build a kext from Linux sources.

-There WAS an effort to get a working driver in the hardware forum. Unstable Connection was trying to collect some money together as a reward-type dealy. We had someone who was willing to try it, but he dropped out. As of right now, nobody is working on a new driver, or someone is, but no one knows about it.

-END OF STORY.

Maybe someone can help me a little on this. Ive read through all the posts and am unsuccesfull I am running JAS 10.4.3 on an IBM Thinkcentre running running the Intel 865G Integrated Graphics Chip.

I attempted the instructions in the first post. They installed but never seemed to actually run them since i was still only given the option of 1024x768. Odly though i noticed all the appleintel files i had in my extensions folder where 915 versions so i tried editing them and putting my device id (0x8086) in but then when i rebooted it just hung at the apple logo. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my 1600x1200 :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have it working on my Acer Aspire 5610 Laptop.

A combination of techniques got this working:

1. I edited the 915 kexts, but making the following modifications:

http://art5dog.com/techcast/2006/04/osx86-...working-on.html

This results in a blue screen as above, unless you run with an external monitor.

2. To get around need for external monitor:

Use paperclip in vga socket joining pins 6 and 12: (how do people think of these things?!)

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...16498&st=20

I still have no QE or CI, but I am running at 1280x800 widescreen!

-------------------------------------------------------

(from sys profiler:)

Chipset Model: GMA950

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display: [Laptop LCD]

Resolution: 1280x800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display: ["paperclip" External]

Resolution: 800x600

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

-------------------------------------------------------

Acer Aspire 5610 (Model BL50):

Intel GMA950

Intel Core Duo T2300

"Deadmoo image" 10.4.1 + Original CoreImage (9Mb)

Dual booting with WinXP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I have installed Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD (JaS)) on Toshiba Satellite M35X-S149. There Are no problems, but here cannot establish 1280x800 full support. A problem that at me is not present AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext and AppleIntel830.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions

I need help. And sorry for my bad english! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I see that most of these posts are old, but do these suggestions still work in 10.4.7?

I have tried altering both the IntelIntegratedGraphics, 915.kext and the 830.kext with the correct string for my 865G vid card. I have chmod/chown the files, but it seems to have exactly zero affect.

I have deleted all the AppleIntel* files from the Extensions folder and started over with new files, chmod/chown, all to no avail...

I just want to get 1440x900 resolution and changing the cpm.apple.Boot.plist string doesnt allow it.

Any other suggestions? I am all ears!

Nofences

because the driver for this version is removed, i've the same version and the same problem.i've download the files, change the string but doesn't work...

I have this problem on Asus A6B00NE and MacOSX 10.4.6. :)

Can anybody help??

---------------

I think this kext from old kernel (from 10.4.3) is not compatibility with new kernel (from 10.4.6 or 10.4.7)... The poroblem in this.

fresh question wording: where i can get AppleIntel830*.kext and AppleIntelIntegratetGrafics.kext files for new kernel???? :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...