[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

followed all the instructions to a T and I'm still stuck at 1024x768x32!

some info: Clean Install on a 30 gb partition on a Compaq Presario V2013. Runs exceptionally fast, but just snagged at the resolution thingie! I used a JaS4.2b patched DTK DVD Installer too by the way. If someone could point me in the right direction. My OSX86 version is 8f1111g and my Intel Extreme Graphics Device ID is the 0x35828086...

If these work with 10.4.1, what should I do to get it to work with 10.4.3? please help JaS, cupojava,HeavyMetaler, MeddlingBanter? (you guys figured out the fix for 10.4.1, maybe you could do your magic for 10.4.3?)

Bump! I noticed that the 830 kexts are no longer in the /System/Library/Extensions folder... only the 915's are present. Upon checking the System Profiler under Graphics, I see NO KEXT IS BEING LOADED! I boot fine without any hitch except that my resolution is stuck at 1024x768! I tried passing this through the Boot options using the methods here... still NO GO! I cant even get to 1280x768...

So I tried editing the 830 kext, and Integrated Graphics stuff, etc put it in the extensions folder... Repair Permissions... Delete .mkext and .kextcache... AND still no 1280x768! I can read 1024x768 fine as my lcd stretches the image, just curious and antsy to see it at the native Res!

There must be something I can do to get my native res... anyone else in this fix?

Me thinking Out Loud: How do I get the kext linked to my card? Since it doesn't use the 830, if we change the 915 with my 3582 device ID, Repair Permissions then reboot, would it solve it? I dont see the 915 kext being loaded... should i kextload and delete the 830 from Extensions, repair permissions then reboot? We'll see... I'll try this out and get back with the results... if my OSX is still bootable, that is...!

Next, why wont the "Graphics Mode" boot option work for me?

Any Suggestions?

Let me digress... my sound, cd burner (using Toast Titanium) and apps all run perfectly! After this resolution bit, be moving on to get wifi working... (by using a supported card as my Intel 2200 PRO wont hack it)

i'm in the same boat as you pong. i'm on a 700m running 10.4.3 build 8f1111g. I read through the first few pages of this thread and got excited til i realized that they're all probably running 10.4.1 or something earlier. So now I'm stuck at 1024 x 768 stretched out on my widescreen.

HELP GUYS!

I'm in the same boat as those with 3582 that have followed all variations of directions and still stuck in 1024x768. Can anyone through us a bone? or maybe be more specific for the apparent NOOBs like myself? What order does everything happen? Is it:

-boot into safe mode or something?

-copy kexts to desktop?

-then drag to Extensions folder?

-then head over to the terminal and act like Neo?

-then reboot?

Am i missing something? would appreciate the advice. Thanks

Same 855 boat. I'm not sure what everyone was running several month ago, but there seemed like a lot of success stories. I've tried everyone, and I mean EVERYONE's suggestions, but no luck.

I'm currently running 10.4.3, dual booting with XP SP2.

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x3582

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Loaded the AppleIntel830.kext & AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext, plus the .bundle and .plugins, changed the device to 3582, chmod/chown, rebooted. Doesn't seem to be loading the kext files. When I try to kextload, it comes up with the same error that other people got about version 6 or something.

When I boot up, I notice it says something about VESA 3.0 7MB Video Memory, and I read that QE requires 16MB or 8Mb, I wasn't really sure what the exact amount was. Then I also read that possibly you are able to edit a .plist file to change the RAM requirements for QE. Is this possible? Or just speculation..

Can someone with 10.4.3 and 855 Chipset give us any information on how to get this to work. DVD Burner, Bluetooth and wireless work. I'm not holding my breath for CI, but I'd like to have at least QE loaded.

BTW, I'm on a Dell x300, I'm pretty sure it's the same chipset as the other dell models that people have success stories with. Were they just running on 10.4.1? Please update us with any status..

Thanks for your time!!

The files attached on this thread do not work for 10.4.3 8f1111a. They will have to be recompiled to work for 10.4.3. I don't think the members that worked on this project have any more interests in compiling these kexts for 830M/845G/852GM/855GM/865G Chipsets.

Bump! I noticed that the 830 kexts are no longer in the /System/Library/Extensions folder... only the 915's are present. Upon checking the System Profiler under Graphics, I see NO KEXT IS BEING LOADED! I boot fine without any hitch except that my resolution is stuck at 1024x768! I tried passing this through the Boot options using the methods here... still NO GO! I cant even get to 1280x768...

So I tried editing the 830 kext, and Integrated Graphics stuff, etc put it in the extensions folder... Repair Permissions... Delete .mkext and .kextcache... AND still no 1280x768! I can read 1024x768 fine as my lcd stretches the image, just curious and antsy to see it at the native Res!

There must be something I can do to get my native res... anyone else in this fix?

Me thinking Out Loud: How do I get the kext linked to my card? Since it doesn't use the 830, if we change the 915 with my 3582 device ID, Repair Permissions then reboot, would it solve it? I dont see the 915 kext being loaded... should i kextload and delete the 830 from Extensions, repair permissions then reboot? We'll see... I'll try this out and get back with the results... if my OSX is still bootable, that is...!

Next, why wont the "Graphics Mode" boot option work for me?

Any Suggestions?

Let me digress... my sound, cd burner (using Toast Titanium) and apps all run perfectly! After this resolution bit, be moving on to get wifi working... (by using a supported card as my Intel 2200 PRO wont hack it)

I am in the slightly different boat as you sine my wireless (broadcom 4320 chipset) is working on my Compaq Presario V2000. But I am in the same boat with respect to resolution. Tried all that you have tried after reading the forums here. Looks like the methods described above with kexts attached are all for maybe 10.4.1 and I am running 10.4.3 with my dual boot latop. Really, pulling my hairs as to how to get native res of 1280x768.

Help!! If anybody can at least tell us how to compile the kexts (since they are available on the Darwin 8.01CD) for 10.4.3. Please provide direction!!

There must be a way to enable QE on the intel integrated cards again. Most people had success during 10.4.1 just by modifying the kext keys. Apple couldnt have changed all that much, there must be some key to edit to enable QE on the older cards again. Has ANYONE got at least QE working on an 845, 855 etc. within 10.4.1?

There must be a way to enable QE on the intel integrated cards again. Most people had success during 10.4.1 just by modifying the kext keys. Apple couldnt have changed all that much, there must be some key to edit to enable QE on the older cards again. Has ANYONE got at least QE working on an 845, 855 etc. within 10.4.1?

Meh, yea, but it was using methods for 10.4.1... I've been SOL for 10.4.3 and just decided to keep 10.4.1 on my laptop.

10.4.3 on my desktop is stuck at 1024x768 and w/ no agp slot in this machine, i'll have to deal with it. While some tasks suffer without graphics acceleration, using this machine is still pleasant. Either way, I'll have my hands on an iMac and a MacBook in a few months. Till then, I think I'll just live with what I have.

Edited by mpeters13

hi all i'm a noob so sorry for my silly questions... but are there any fresh kexts for 8f1111 and AppleIntel830/AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics?

I own a Sony Vaio TR1MP (TR european version) and its native res is 1280x768...

The dvd of 8f1099 wan't install on this VAIO, I dunno why.. But 8f1111 did! But now.. what about native res?

obv, the video card is an Intel 855 Integrated..

Thank you all in advance..

best regards

s

Yes, its the 2572. I removed all the AppleIntel files except the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext.

Inside that kext, I edited the info.plist file to recognize my device ID.

After that, I took all the AppleIntel830 files from the Darwin 8.01 ISO, then added them to the Extensions folder.

Chmoded em, wheeled, rebooted, and I now im running 1280x1024x32@75 with QE enabled.

could someone post the appleintel830 files from the darwin 8.0.1 cd here .... I am getting 1280 resolution .... but QE not enabled !! Using a intel i845 GL chipset mobo on 10.4.1 ....

Has anyone got QE enabled on a 845GL Chipset ?? then please post how to achieve it .

this forum rules!!

could someone post the appleintel830 files from the darwin 8.0.1 cd here .... I am getting 1280 resolution .... but QE not enabled !! Using a intel i845 GL chipset mobo on 10.4.1 ....

Has anyone got QE enabled on a 845GL Chipset ?? then please post how to achieve it .

this forum rules!!

Here are the files. Looks like these are binary-only drivers. There was no AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics, but there was a few other AppleIntel drivers for ATA and network. Also, it looks like the 830 and 915 drivers are possibly combined, as there are references to the 915 in AppleIntel830.kext's Info.plist.

I hope someone can get these working on 10.4.3.

AppleIntel_darwin_8.0.1.zip

Hi !

I'm french so sorry for my english...

I've a Dell 700m.

I finally succeed in changing my screen resolution to 1280x800 @ 65Hz.

But i have a problem :

When OSx86 loads, the resolution is ok and colors are ok, but just after login, colors change to invert colors :

black becomes white, blue becomes orange, ... (do you know what i mean ??).

Do you know what could be the problem ?

Is it possible that 65Hz is not the good frequency, so it does that ?

However before login, colors and resolution are ok, so what makes it changed on login ??

Thanks a lot for your help !

Mat

has anbody gotten this fix to work for a dell inspiron 1150, it uses the 852gm chipset. i modified the 830 and integrated graphics kexts with the device id 3582 which is my id but i still boot in 800x600. does anyone have configured files that i could snag, or know if theres some sort of problem with this particular graphics card. i read somewhere about the shared memory being too low, but theres no option in the bios to change it (up to date). anyway, thanks for any help.

Hi !

I'm french so sorry for my english...

I've a Dell 700m.

I finally succeed in changing my screen resolution to 1280x800 @ 65Hz.

But i have a problem :

When OSx86 loads, the resolution is ok and colors are ok, but just after login, colors change to invert colors :

black becomes white, blue becomes orange, ... (do you know what i mean ??).

Do you know what could be the problem ?

Is it possible that 65Hz is not the good frequency, so it does that ?

However before login, colors and resolution are ok, so what makes it changed on login ??

Thanks a lot for your help !

Mat

HOW pls tell me. i hope this is in 10.4.3

But i have a problem :

black becomes white, blue becomes orange, ... (do you know what i mean ??)…

Wish I could get this to happen on my machine, but seeing as QE isn't enabled for me, i wouldn't be able to.

Hold Control Option Command and push 8. Everything should go back to normal colours.

If you don't have a mac keyboard, it's uh, windows ctrl and alt + 8. Alternatively you can go into System Preferences and click on Universal Access, Then click on Black on White.

Thanks Dasmo, it works.

Unstable Connection: Yes it's on 10.4.3

k25: i removed all AppleIntel files and copied another 830 files.

I changed the device number to mine (0x3582).

But QE and CI still doesn't work...

Thanks Dasmo, it works.

Unstable Connection: Yes it's on 10.4.3

k25: i removed all AppleIntel files and copied another 830 files.

I changed the device number to mine (0x3582).

But QE and CI still doesn't work...

pls be more specific. which 830 kexts. can u pls include them. also u sure u get 1280x800 resolution