Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

if you havent read i think page 13 & 14, the revision 0x0003 does not seem to be working correctly

at the time or requires kext modding. for the moment the only revision that works is 0x000c

Mine is revision 0x000c and I can't make it work in any way!

And I've tried tons of kexts...

Could you send me the link for the right working kext, please?!

I would appreciate it...

Thanks in advance!

whem i install leo4all3 or kalyway or iatkos,i see my revision in display is Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c Vendor (0x8086)

but i use this kext post here,but never work.i copy,delete,reinstall,repair e never work.in the finish is like never delete applegma* and framebuffer .theres a program to see a device and revision?my system is sony vaio 140e?please.sorry for bad english.

Work !

delete all GMA* kext & AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer

install GMAX3100 & GMAX3100 FB v.1.5.18

That's all

Where can I get these files?

Mine is revision 0x000c... Will it work for me too?

Thanks!

Work !

delete all GMA* kext & AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer

install GMAX3100 & GMAX3100 FB v.1.5.18

That's all

That's how I got mine working correctly at first, but CI/QE won't work. If that doesn't bother you, than you can leave it at that.

I personally like the Beach screensaver, so I wanted Quartz extreme, so I used all of the 3100 kexts from the kayway 10.5.3 update, but I had to replace the GMA X3100FB with the old one from the Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

Where can I get these files?

Mine is revision 0x000c... Will it work for me too?

Thanks!

They should be included as part of the Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

You can probably get that from the apple site as part of the Leopard Graphics update.

Use pacifist to extract them from the install packages.

Best of luck.

whem i install leo4all3 or kalyway or iatkos,i see my revision in display is Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c Vendor (0x8086)

but i use this kext post here,but never work.i copy,delete,reinstall,repair e never work.in the finish is like never delete applegma* and framebuffer .theres a program to see a device and revision?my system is sony vaio 140e?please.sorry for bad english.

I have the exact same ID's on my Toshiba. What worked for me was the Kalyway 10.5.2 install. Be sure to customize (there's a button near the bottom right before the last window you get to before you actually start the install), and be sure to select the video drivers for Intel X3100.

Those worked fine for me that way. Then if you upgrade to Kalyway 10.5.3, also customize and select the same drivers, but be sure to back up all of your Intel kexts from the 10.5.2 install before you upgrade. Then, after the upgrade, replace the new GMA X3100FB with the old one that you backed up. Otherwise, you might have weird grey screen with lines.

Best of luck. :)

That's how I got mine working correctly at first, but CI/QE won't work. If that doesn't bother you, than you can leave it at that.

I personally like the Beach screensaver, so I wanted Quartz extreme, so I used all of the 3100 kexts from the kayway 10.5.3 update, but I had to replace the GMA X3100FB with the old one from the Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

They should be included as part of the Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

You can probably get that from the apple site as part of the Leopard Graphics update.

Use pacifist to extract them from the install packages.

Best of luck.

I have the exact same ID's on my Toshiba. What worked for me was the Kalyway 10.5.2 install. Be sure to customize (there's a button near the bottom right before the last window you get to before you actually start the install), and be sure to select the video drivers for Intel X3100.

Those worked fine for me that way. Then if you upgrade to Kalyway 10.5.3, also customize and select the same drivers, but be sure to back up all of your Intel kexts from the 10.5.2 install before you upgrade. Then, after the upgrade, replace the new GMA X3100FB with the old one that you backed up. Otherwise, you might have weird grey screen with lines.

Best of luck. :(

i dont undestanding this part ( Be sure to customize (there's a button near the bottom right before the last window you get to before you actually start the install) this is in my pc or in kalyway,thks again

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

As you can see, it's working! So the sleep method did not work for me with the "Revision ID: 0x0003". I tried only installing the:

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and the

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

I used kexts that I downloaded from the zip file linked to from post #184 by AJ Allen.

After rebooting, instead of getting the grey screen like I usually would, I got a blue screen. So I tried hooking up an external monitor to see what might happen. It was working on my external monitor. I was able to change resolutions; x3100 was working but with no QE. Nothing but a blue screen on my laptop monitor though.

I installed the Natit kext from the zip file linked to in post #184. After rebooting I got a grey screen on my laptop. Sleep method still did nothing. I plugged in the external monitor and got the desktop background but without the menu bar and desktop icons, still a grey screen on my laptop. Using Alt F5 VoiceOver, I moved the mouse over to the left and could hear that the menu bar was on my laptop screen even though it wasn't visible.

Using SwitchResX, which I had already installed, I could see that the system now detected my laptop display, this is after installing the Natit kext.

[i had to be clever and use voiceover to be able to open up System Prefernces where I could then see the very edge of the System Preferneces screen on my external monitor. I then dragged the screen over to the right into the external monitor.]

Then I opened up SwitchResX. I added a custom resolution 1280 x 800 for the laptop screen. After doing this and rebooting, my laptop screen was no longer a useless grey screen.

I thought I would give it a go and install the rest of the GMAX3100 kexts from the zip from post #184. After rebooting, QE is now supported and this is where I am now.

Thanks all for your help! Very much appreciated.

Thanks guys. Everyone has been very helpful but I'm still stuck at the grey screen. I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I got it to multi-boot with VISTA/XP/UBUNTU but Leopard is still not working. I have a SONY VAIO CR490 with the GMA X3100 video card. I have read through this thread several times and a few other threads and still unsuccessful. Also, my FN+F7 to switch to external monitor is not working for some reason. I can't get pass the grey screen to replace those files.

I gave up in booting it with legacy or safe mode or verbose.

How do I manually delete all GMA* kext & AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and install GMAX3100 from Ubuntu 8? Is it possible. Thanks for any info

Hi, i have installed LEO4ALL 10.5.2, firstly i selected the GMA X3100 drivers from the DVD to be installed, and after installing LEO, i figured out some white page having black effect on right side. so what i did is, i again installed the LEO without selecting the driver of X3100, now the problem is i can'l change the resolution default resolution is 1024x768..

I would b very thankful if some1 helps me regading this.

Thankyou

Nikhil

My laptop :

Sony Vaio VGN CR140E

Intel 965 Chipset

2GB Ram

Hi, i have installed LEO4ALL 10.5.2, firstly i selected the GMA X3100 drivers from the DVD to be installed, and after installing LEO, i figured out some white page having black effect on right side. so what i did is, i again installed the LEO without selecting the driver of X3100, now the problem is i can'l change the resolution default resolution is 1024x768..

I would b very thankful if some1 helps me regading this.

Thankyou

Nikhil

My laptop :

Sony Vaio VGN CR140E

Intel 965 Chipset

2GB Ram

For me, there was a problem with the GMA X3100FB kext after I upgraded to 10.5.3. I had to replace it with the 10.5.2 kext from the Kalyway install, or else I'd get the grey and black screen you're talking about. My first fix was to get rid of all of the GMA950 kexts and delete all of the X3100 kexts EXCEPT for X3100 and X3100FB. That got the monitor working ok, but no Quartz Extreme and Core Image working (know as QE/CI).

Try downloading the Leopard Graphics Update from the apple website, and then use Pacifist to extract the X3100 files. Start with only two kextx, the X3100 and X3100FB. That should get your monitor resolutions fixed. You may need an older version of the FB kext, like I did. If so, send me a PM.

If that fixes your monitor resolutions, then you might want to try and get QE/CI working... For that, you need to install the rest of the X3100 kexts and the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kext.

Thanks guys. Everyone has been very helpful but I'm still stuck at the grey screen. I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I got it to multi-boot with VISTA/XP/UBUNTU but Leopard is still not working. I have a SONY VAIO CR490 with the GMA X3100 video card. I have read through this thread several times and a few other threads and still unsuccessful. Also, my FN+F7 to switch to external monitor is not working for some reason. I can't get pass the grey screen to replace those files.

I gave up in booting it with legacy or safe mode or verbose.

How do I manually delete all GMA* kext & AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and install GMAX3100 from Ubuntu 8? Is it possible. Thanks for any info

There are ways to add or delete files using Terminal from the startup DVD, so if you want to mess around with that search around this site for more info.

I think the easiest way is to reinstall Mac OS WITHOUT selecting the GMA X3100 video card - select no video card at all. That should enable you to start up in VGA mode - you'll have a fixed resolution (probably 1024x768) but at least you should be able to boot. Once you're booted, use Pacifist (free download, can use for free in trial mode) to extract the X3100 files from the install disk, then use kexthelper or osx86 tools to install the kexts.

Best of luck

working,i am happy now.(im my case is)i use this kext in post 184(all 6 them),use kexthelp7 to install,repar pemission,dont restart ,use SwitchResX to apply the kext(custom resolutiom 1280x800x60hz) retart now. and bingo.my system is sony vaio vgn fz140e.i use kalyway 10.5.2 with the sleep kernel,no display tricks,and no graphic update.thks alot for help.

Hi,

I seem to have gotten a bit further.

I can see on an external monitor the middle of the screen (external monitor is 15" and my laptop display is 17.4" so i can only see middle of screen on my external display) so the graphics kexts are working, but my monitor is not detected. I am getting the SwitchResX and a serial and going to try what crusty did as it is the same rev id (3).

If someone wants me to post an ioreg dump, please ask and tell me what to put exactly into terminal cause just ioreg throws lots of unwanted info ;)

Thanks

Jonty

PS. Crusty please add me to msn at jontyoglesby@aol.com please

Thanks.

Hi all i have a ASUS F3E using the X3100 on the 0x0003 not 0x000c and my QE/CI but i have the odd problem of the screen going white and a big black band down the screen. I have been doing some studying and found if you remove the battery before booting to Mac it work but if you don't i get the problem.

The problem is memory corruption in the X3100 Vbios (video bios) now i know some dells have now got the Vbios to 1588 whilst i'm still on 1436 because of crappy tech support from ASUS so if you have a dell i suggest you update your Bios to the lastest and see if your Vbios has been updated. The rest of us have to wait till the other oem's sort out a new vbios update!

Hello everyone. Probably,I did it.

My laptop is

Fujitsu LOOXR70Y

GS965Express chipset

GMA X3100

DeviceID 0x2A02 RevisionID 0x0003

LCD 1280x800 60Hz (Native)

Install kalyway 10.5.2

After install, I removed AppleIntelGMA* and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext this way.

F8 -s single user mode

mount -uw /; cd System/Library/Extensions; rm -rf AppleIntelGMA*; rm -rf AppleIntelIn*.kext

exit

mount -uw /; cd /Volumes/leopard/var/db; touch .AppleSetupDone

passwd

reboot

First. SwitchResX to install.

I downloaded "AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip" from post #184.and I used kexthelperb7 to install 6 files.

diskutil repairPermissions /

restart

After rebooting, I got many thin vertical lines on laptop display.

I plugged in external display(D-sub) BenQ FP93GX+.

External display appeared in only desktop background and mouse cursor but without Dock,Menu bar.

On desktop background of external display, right-click, appeared in desktop menu.

"More" to select in the menu, "Main display" to select the "BenQ FP93GX+(2)".

In expternal dispaly (BenQ FP93GX+) appeared in Dock ,Menu bar, Desktop icon.

I was able to start SwitchResX to select the VGA/SVGA Display, then select custom.

I modified from 800x600 40Hz to 1280x800 60Hz.

Restart.

In external dispaly (BenQ FP93GX+) Right-click select "More" > "Main display" switch to the VGA/SVGA Display(laptop display) now.

Hai guys, im really making progress now!

I can see both screens with QE enabled! Problem is, I MUST have an external display plugged in, else I get a blue screen. I've tried the paperclip trick (with some wire because I cant find a paperclip in the house :P) and didnt make a difference unless I did it wrong. If i unplug the external monitor while its on, it stays working for about 5 seconds, then the mouse freezes and fades to a distorted white.

When both displays are on, I get 1028x786 (or w/e) and thats the highest it'll go because my external display is only 15" and thats highest that supports. Tried LaptopDisplay.kext and everything! Just need to make it think that the monitor is plugged in.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Jonty

hi

i read all posts, but still cant get it work ;)

laptop - sony vaio vgn nr385e

i'm used kalyway 10.5.1, 10.5.2, Leo4All and iAtkos with many different options for X3100, but my best result still is - black screen with sound :) or blue screen without sounds.

pliz help me guys, can enybody post step by step gide for noobs like me :(

wich iso should i use? and with what kind of preferences?

PS. sorry for my english

I hve a compaq Presario C727US notebook.n i installed kalyway_leo_10.5.1 n it installed successfully but i start up n de apple screen appears as its startin up de mouse appears den de screen freezes wit de mouse movin n de welcome sound playin in de back ground.u can move de mouse n see it movin but de screen with de apple logo in de background stays on.wit de mouse diappearin on sum parts n reappearin.wats causin this.help pls

Hello,

After installing Kalyway 10.5.2, type -s at boot options

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA*

rm -rf AppleIntelIn*.kext

Download AppleIntelGMAX3100 (see ref post #184 in this thread...)

Install using Kexthelp b7

repair permissions, type diskutil repairPermissions /

Setup custom resolution using SwitchResX to 1280x800 @ 60Hz

and restart ur mac...

And,... bingo... it's nice and worthy enough...

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated and Quartz Extreme: Supported

Intel GMA X3100

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

My laptop spec

Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E

Intel Core 2 Duo, T7250, 2 GHz

RAM 2GB, HDD 200GB

Wifi 4965 AGN [Not Supported]

Realtek RTL8139/810x [supported]

Realtek HD Audio Definition [supported]

---------------

Trying to Update the Kalyway to 10.5.3...using Kalyway Combo Update... Its working... and after updating to 10.5.3, i try to update using Software Update... and... now my vaio is running on 10.5.4,... thanks a lot bro...

Regards,

Tony