Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

Taruga HDA patcher+natit.kext+Framebuffer(10.5.1 or 10.5.2)=no mouse tearing, won't shutdown

but when i tried the framebuffer from ToH shutdown is working but have a mouse tearing problem....

tried gfx string(working) but with taruga's applehda still no shutdown.

it seems the framebuffer from 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 is having conflict with taruga's HDA.

anybody had this problem fixed?

Thanks!

specs

acer aspire 4310 laptop

gma950

1gb

broadcom wifi working out of the box

Hey guys, general question regarding gma and buying a laptop.

you can run tiger but not leopard without tearing with a gma x3100 with Intel GM965 right? so if i want to run leopard, i should spend some xtra cash on a laptop with a standard graphics card like nvidia?

this compaq is the one i was thinking of: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1199496037736

Hey guys, general question regarding gma and buying a laptop.

you can run tiger but not leopard without tearing with a gma x3100 with Intel GM965 right? so if i want to run leopard, i should spend some xtra cash on a laptop with a standard graphics card like nvidia?

this compaq is the one i was thinking of: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1199496037736

Hi,

That laptop use Intel X3100 graphic card.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I suggest you to get Benq S41. It have Nvidia graphic card, but I don't know if it supported under leopard (or tiger). :)

if you want to help please do this on a real mac:

ioreg -l -w0 > ioreg.txt

In console being "root" in other words "su root"

I got another dump but this one was with 10.4.10 and this guy doesn't wants to install leopard yet so I still want to compare the 10.4.10 with 10.5.0 dump, by the way according to DiaboliK the problem resides in AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and AppleIntelFramebuffer, another curious thing is that real macs have GFX0@2 and hackintoshes doesn't so I need to enable those such of things by somehow, if somebody wanna help us let me know and this could be a good start.

dude how did you get that WPC54GS to work??? and mines is ver 2.0

HI all,

i've got an NC6400 with 945GM

i use several natit.kext from this thread,

some times the image on lapatop is completely stable, sometimes it's shifted and a bit scrambled with grey/white color

What's the pb?

(i do have the right res in display options)

Thx ;)

Hi

I got a fujitsu-siemens e8030 notebook with the x3100 graphics chipset.

If I use the Kalyway 10.5.1 install dvd with vanilla kernel I get the secondary monitor working like a charm but the laptops lcd gives me a blue screen that slowly turns to a bright white screen like the screen is actualy burning away.

I tried the natit solutions which eventualy gives me two screens but when I use a resolution lower than the native resolution from my laptop lcd screen it works but is is not scaled to fullscreen. I just get a distorded bar on the right and at the bottom.

When I choose my native resolution is just becomes black BUT I can still see my mouse pointer move over it ??? and the resolution seems very low now like 640x480.

so, been researching this x3100 matter for days now. Tried all listed processes on my satellite u305. Here is what i have gotten so far:

- kalaway 10.5.1 vanilla install - boot with cpu=1 gets blue screen

- remove all refrences to AppleIntel* gets best resault so far - VESA :(

- install new kext s from this forum and get same blue screen, resize, black screen (Progress?!)

- edit plist for "graphics mode"="1280x800x32" - no effect

- Switchresx with kext s from this form gets blue screen, resize, black screen

I feel this is real close and just needs to be tweaked a little bit. I am new to the osx scene but learn quick and listen to directions well. much experience in Linux as well so command lines dont scare me. :D

thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Wrong. works perfectly in leopard.
Not always. Not for every laptop. Not without tricks (like on dell).Best way is to check in this thread and in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=71784 , about particular models of laptops.
so, been researching this x3100 matter for days now. Tried all listed processes on my satellite u305. Here is what i have gotten so far:- kalaway 10.5.1 vanilla install - boot with cpu=1 gets blue screen - remove all refrences to AppleIntel* gets best resault so far - VESA :( - install new kext s from this forum and get same blue screen, resize, black screen (Progress?!) - edit plist for "graphics mode"="1280x800x32" - no effect - Switchresx with kext s from this form gets blue screen, resize, black screenI feel this is real close and just needs to be tweaked a little bit. I am new to the osx scene but learn quick and listen to directions well. much experience in Linux as well so command lines dont scare me. :D thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Try 10.5.2.

I've installed EFI string for GMA950 / laptop, and now everything is fixed :(

No more artifacts, internal and external display are ok, extended desktop, and i can hot plug, unplug exterrnal display

So great :(

Thanks Netkas and the community

I've installed EFI string for GMA950 / laptop, and now everything is fixed :(

No more artifacts, internal and external display are ok, extended desktop, and i can hot plug, unplug exterrnal display

So great ;)

Thanks Netkas and the community

Hi,

Can you tell me how you install EFI string for GMA950? Right now I use Natit.kext & 10.5.1 GMA950 kexts, but I have problem when plug-in external monitor. It just freeze/hang.

Thank you. ;)

Add these lines to your boot.plist file

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>6d0000000100000001000000610000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027

ff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000000b000000474d412039353020000000410041005000

c002c00480061007300500061006e0065006c0000000800000001000000</string>

EDIT: (by macgirl)

But make the string in one line, or it wont work

<string>6d0000...1000000</string>

For me:

Using 10.5.2 Graphics Update X3100 Kexts in 10.5.1 works.

Using 10.5.1 X3100 Kexts in 10.5.2 doesn't work.

Using 10.5.2 Graphics Update X3100 Kexts in 10.5.2 doesn't work.

In both of the 10.5.2 cases, booting with -v gets you all the way till the blue startup screen, then it just freezes.

I tried:

Copying the 10.5.1 extensions folder over 10.5.2 and booting. It boots, and I can see the screen. I can even click around for a bit, but the system hangs quickly after.

Then I extracted the kexts from 10.5.2 using pacifist and loaded them into the 10.5.1 extensions folder. Doesn't change.

I'm dual booting a 10.5.2 and a 10.5.1 system atm, any ideas on how to fix this problem for me are welcome...

Fixed my issues.. prior to grafics upgrade for 10.5.2 set up expose to sleep monitor in one corner.

- natit.kext fixes blue screen -> black screen

- when booted to black screen slide mouse to corner set in expose to sleep and awake lcd.

- fixed my graphics 100%

Thanks to all for the help on the graphics issue and I will help out where i can. Took alot of tinkering to get this workin. be patient and your x3100 will be runnin. now on to my hda - realtek 268 audio! :s

IntelGMA950 (27a2=8086) finally WORK!!!

1. Install Leopard

2. Update to 10.5.2

3. Back-up AppleIntelGMA950.kext

*AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

*AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

*AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

*AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

4. Install Natit.kext of Paulicat

5. Update Leopard Graphics

Note: You can either install first the Leopard Graphic Update before adding Natit.kext of Paulicat into your Extensions...and if wont work Install the Leopard Graphic Update again..

***I use Iatkos r2

***Find for Kalyways 10.5.2 update (this works fine with my system)

***Just download the Leopard Graphics Update Manually

I hope this guide will help you!!!

Goodluck!!!

I tried your method Philintosh but still the same for me.

I first installed the Natit kext and rebooted to make sure it had been loaded.

Then installed the Leopard Graphics Update but all I get is the white screen with

the RGB lines going down it.

I don't understand why this keeps happening to my Vaio.

The mouse tearing is most worse for me when using Office 2008.

I used to get mouse tearing on Firefox but installed Beta 3 yesterday and get none at

all now.

I hope someone can help me out with my problem.

(By the way I'm running Kalway)

I used to get mouse tearing on Firefox but installed Beta 3 yesterday and get none at all now.

This is the same problem I was having... Needless to say, it has been driving me insane. I headed over to the FireFox page, and grabbed Beta 3, thus ending some of my artifact problems...

This is really puzzling to me...? Is the mouse tearing issue in Leopard related solely to applications?