Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

I never succeeded to make the x3100 work. I tried every possible kext and tutorial in this forum, I just have the VGA 1024x768, no blue screen, no black and nothing else. The x3100 kext seems to load, I can se it in the log file, but natit is not loading or came out with this error:

bash-3.2# kextload -t /system/library/extensions/natit.kext

kextload: extension /system/library/extensions/natit.kext appears to be loadable

/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/IOKit: Undefined in symbol set: __Z19IODTMapOneInterruptP15IORegistryEntryPmPP6OSDataPPK8OSSymbol

/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/IOKit: Undefined in symbol set: __Z23IODTFindInterruptParentP15IORegistryEntry

/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/System6.0.kext/kernel.6.0: Undefined in symbol set: __Z19IODTMapOneInterruptP15IORegistryEntryPmPP6OSDataPPK8OSSymbol

/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/System6.0.kext/kernel.6.0: Undefined in symbol set: __Z23IODTFindInterruptParentP15IORegistryEntry

kextload: /system/library/extensions/natit.kext loaded successfully

bash-3.2#

Can some one please tell me whats wrong and how to do?

I am on HP 6720s lappy

Celeron D 530

GM 964/965 with x3100 15,4 Inch

Leo4All on 1st. patr. with EFI_V8

Vanilla kernel 9.2.2

ASUS P5B-VM GMA X3000

plz help me !!!

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x29a2

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

plz..plz..plz.. !!!

try these and tell me if they work this package is only for gma950 device id 0x2772 (testing only)

install using kext helper<<<>>> recommended ----you must reboot to see changes

please post results so i will know if they work

No luck with dat one..

Btw my config is..: mobo: Intel D945GNT (GMA 950) no additional graphics... processor: Pentium D 945 (no vanilla kernal installed)

please help me install driver for GMA x3000 (kalyway 10.5.2)

Device ID: 0x29a2

Displays:

Display:

please !please !please !

Display:

Device ID: 0x2772

Displays:

New Leo: (My Display)

This is what da system profiler has to say bout my graphics/displays...

(after applying da first and also da second packs..)

See my first post for what it showed earlier...

To sum up the situation :

GMA950 has artifact problem on external monitor on Leo

and X3100 doesnt work at all on external monitor?

TRUE?

cause i wanted to buy a pcie mobo with integrated video chipset

First to say hi to all within the community!

I bough huge PC upgrade few days ago and the first thing I did was to install Leo. I was very nicely surprised when everything started working with minimum effort (I never got working system from ground zero for less then an hour, evan with Linux).

The only thing that is bugging me is that my graphics card is not working. I have Intel GMA 3100 integrated graphics chip and nothing can make it work. When I open the "System Profiler" I can see that neither AppleIntelIntegratedframebuffer.kext nor AppleIntelGMA950.kext is loaded. When I installed Natit.kext it did not load too.

The thing is that I will love to get rid of windows and move to OSX completely, but without QE I can not play DVD's or games and this is bugging me too much.

I relay can not believe that no one in the entire world wasn't able to make that graphics chip work within OSX, so I will be glad if someone share some info on the subject.

I was wondering if my chip is going to work if I simply change the product and vendor ID in the AppleIntelGMA950.kext, but I don't know how to do it exactly and the info on the subject is pretty dim. So it will be very helpful if someone can tell me how to do it.

10x in advance!

for all the gma950 users, this will work http://www.uploading.com/files/9OX5D4WO/Ap...r.kext.zip.html its version 1.4.20.28 it gives me full Quartz Extreme and full Resolution.

im using leo4all, just the intell whit 9.2.0 soo maybe it will work for you too.

now only get my geforce 7900 gtx working whitout flashing (brr dont want screw that up) whit nvinject i get resolution but not quartz. s oiff some can help me whit that? kajou

OK, so we have accumulated a lot of information here about GMA950 resolution/sleep/artifiact control, etc. I am trying to pull together the correct combinations of settings/kexts/etc to optimize one or more of these outcomes.

I run vanilla 9.2.2 on an Asus P5LD2-VM DH with EFI-8/GUID from a Leo4Allv2 install of 10.5.2. For this board, GMA950 CI/QE support works out of the box w/o the need for Natit, etc. The default behavior, however, is fixed resolution (1024x768 -adjustable at boot in com.apple.boot.plist), NO display sleep but also NO artifacts.

Can anyone take a stab at what combinations of settings/kexts will deliver multiple resolutions (I am told it is the 1.4.20.28 version of AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext at the expense of possible artifacting...)

How about display sleep? With the correct BIOS settings for this MB, what needs to happen with SMBIOS.kext, etc to make this happen?

Thanks

Cou

I know how to replace strings using HexEdit but what is the ORIGINAL string that I am searching for to replace with my deviceID (in AppleIntelGMA950.kext)? Can you give me a hint where in the file you found what to change?

Thanx

Hello everyone.

First, i want to apologize for my english as it isn't my main language.

I install OS X on my Samsung Q35. I still have some problems. My resolution is 1024x768 and I can't change it for my native resolution which is 1280x800.

I don't understand all the previous messages, so if you could explain me what I have to do !

It'll be great for me. I don't know if I forgot something during the instalation (kalyway) or if I have to change something in my actual configuration.

I didn't found any post where the same laptop succeed in the full installation.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Everyone ,

i Have Lg Notebook Lw25 with Intel GMA950 card

i work with Kalway Leopard 10.5.2

the Card is installed and i can change the resolution to 1280X800

but i do not have QE/IC support

HOW can I Fix This , its Almost Perfect

THX for the Help

Adir

I have a desktop motherboard (ECS 945GCT-M/1333 V3.0) with onboard GMA950 video running a retail install that currently is stuck at 1024x768 and can not change the display settings.

A little background.

I used the kalyway 10.5.1 installer to get a running desktop but wanted the "honesty" of running the reail disk I bought. While running the Kalyway install, video was near perfect with very minor artifacting on the mouse cursor.

I followed the super easy retail directions Here and have the system booted up, installed the sil3132 driver from Silicon Image for my rosewill RC-211 SATA card, installed R+W ZFS kexts and am running along happily, but at very low resolution.

i'm not too concerned with the onboard ethernet or sound. I have a trendNet Gigabit Ethernet card working out of the box, and a $5 usb sound adaptor I got on ebay. but I would really like to use the onboard video with my 22" samsung LCD.

If anyone can provide some info on getting this video chipset working along with links I would greatly appreciate it. I've mostly found little tid bits, but nothing conclusive to resolve my video issues with a retail install.

thanks in advance!

Is there different kinds of Intel 950 GMA's? because mine always worked fine after install yet I hear others not having CI/QE.

Yes they are, Desktop and Mobile, also with different DevIDs.

ACER ASPIRE 4715Z

Leopard 10.5.2 Kalyway

Core 2 Duo 1.6ghz

1GB Ram

Intel GMAX3100 vga

QE / CI : enabled

here's how i do it :

clean install leopard 10.5.1 kalyway

update to 10.5.2 with 10.5.2 kalyway combo update

install kalyway 10.5.2 kernel (vanila)

install paulicat's natit (i'm not sure with this step. but i think you dont have to install this)

install leopard graphic update

restart, done

qe / ci works. full resolution at 1280 x 800.

cheers !