Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

I've succeeded in making the GMA 950 works without artifact (at least i've yet to see any) on my laptop. Here's what I did:

Install Kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel

Install Paulicat's Natit <-- If I don't do this my laptop's screen will not appear after the update

Install Leopard Graphic Update v1.0

In the list of resolution there is no 1366x768 which is my screen's native so I did this:

Install SwitchResX control panel, make a customized screen resolution and it worked perfectly.

For some reason the editing bootplist won't allow me to change my screen resolution to 1366x768x32@60 (VESA 3, if i leave out the @60 part it just won't change). It always restarted my computer when trying to boot so I just use SwitchResX.

Mirror mode won't work.

If I don't install Paulicat's Natit I will have to connect my laptop to an external screen because a blue screen will stay on my laptop's screen.

Hope this helps.

BTW Is this project still going on? I will post my MacBook's ioreg here if you need.

In the Macbook which uses GMA950, the report of the graphic VRAM is also 64MB not 256MB although in Windows XP bootcamp of the same machine it reports 224MB. It's just the way it is.

Hi all. Please help. Whats wrong? I've done all that paulcat said but after boot i see a иду screen for 3 sec aтв thats all - black screen.it's screens of my boot.77261695.jpg77261698.jpglast screen is 77261701.jpgMy PC - Dell XPS M1330 with Internal 965 chipset Video.

SUCCESS!

After reading the last 25 pages, I finally have success on my Vostro 1500 with a X3100.

Basic Steps taken:

iATKOS r2 install

(Remove all AppleIntel****.kexts)

Kalyway 10.5.2 update

(Remove all AppleIntel****.kexts)

Installed Sleep Kernel 9.2.0

[Do the following 3 in one session without rebooting]

1 - Setup the Sleep Monitor trick to autolaunch

2 - Install the natit.kext

3 - Install Leopard Graphics update 1.0

Reboot (cross fingers)

Wait a couple minutes for monitor to turn itself back on with the sleep trick

YAY!!!! FULLY SUPPORTED CORRECT RESOLUTION ON INTERNAL MONITOR!!!

Thanks everyone.

I tried to install kalyway on my barebone, almost everything works out of the box except the gma950;

Video: partially

Sound: works

Wan: works

Utp: works

Eveything works out of the box, the gma950 works out of the box, without artefacts, with acceleration without installing the driver.

However, when I try to install the driver, leo hangs with the known blue screen.

When I don't install the driver, and leo goes in sleep modus, I can't wake it up, when I reset I get the very same blue screen as if the drivers are installed magically.

When in usermode I try the /removevideodrivers option I can't boot at all anymore.

Is all of this known? anything I can do about it?

The info:

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

DeviceID: 0x27a2

Revidion ID: 0x0003

This problem is really getting me crazy since everything else works perfectly and out of the box.

Hello.

I'm about to buy a Pundit from asus, the graphic chipset is GMA 950 or GMA 3100.

Is that fully now ?

Sorry, i do not know much about osx86.

I'm have a pundit amd, and the x1250 is not support right now, i don't want to buy for no use :)

I have a Sony SZ680 with the X3100, read few people that have this laptop and that have the X3100 working, I installed the Natit.kext and the X3100 that came with kalyway, what else can I do to fix it because I just get a black screen, the only way I can boot is if I remove the X3100 files.

looks like Dell users with GMA950 (not x3100) gotta live with artifacts or go back to Tiger! :unsure:

I have tried all solutions suggested here and no go with GMA950

same here, every time somebody posts success with gma950 I tried, ended up in blue screen, black screen or nothing happened. but never got rid of artifacts. thanks for posting your experience, which confirms my pessimistic view on this. but still hoping that something comes along...

For the blue screen problem after Leopard Graphics update with a 0x27a2, just replace the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kext (using -s option on boot)

Just replace this kext, GMA950 drivers from the Leo Graphics update works great.

I hope this will help you ! It works for me !

For the blue screen problem after Leopard Graphics update with a 0x27a2, just replace the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kext (using -s option on boot)

Just replace this kext, GMA950 drivers from the Leo Graphics update works great.

Hi,

I'll go to test this files now and I'll show the result later.

Won't work, that's what I'm using.

Changing the resolution in any way, through the boot.plist or any 3rd party program results in the blue screen and unable to recover from it but do a complete reinstall.

Here is some info I picked up on my Sony SZ, I got into mac and it is set at 800x600@90Hz, which I think is causing my issue with the screen going haywire and showing up like its dead. I think the only way to fix it is screenrez if anyone has any other ideas tell me thanks

EDIT: I used VNC to edit the screen res, and the only one that worked is 1024x768@60hz but I got QE and CI

Just gotta figure out how to get 1280x800 and its set

EDIT2: Installed 10.5.2 from Kalyway cant even get it to work, but it works on Kalyway 10.5.1, any ideas? Still cant change resolution, I am going try iATKOS now

I have got Sony Vaios with X3100 working, I will post How To later you can message me I will respond with the correct files to use, the Framebuffer works and is useable, but it could be better. Works great though.

same here, every time somebody posts success with gma950 I tried, ended up in blue screen, black screen or nothing happened. but never got rid of artifacts. thanks for posting your experience, which confirms my pessimistic view on this. but still hoping that something comes along...

i too will be watching out for an Intel 950 fix.