Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

Guys, couldn't you read the previous page in this thread (post 371) and try sleeping the display?

My Satellite U305 runs just fine at 1280x800 without Natit and without removing kexts.

Used 10.5.1 Kalyway + 10.5.2 Kalyway update + Graphics update.

Just before applying the updates, set the display to sleep in one corner. In order to activate the display, on every boot after the screen goes black and disk activity goes off, you'll have to move the mouse pointer to that corner - that's it.

Here's an ioreg for anyone who is interested.

I have a 10.5.2 Dell m1330 with Intel graphics (gma950 i think?) and I've tried the Natit.kext and a AppleIntelIntergratedFramebuffer.kext that I found online somewhere.

Laptop doesn't seem to load any of these, it is usable at 1024x768 but the native is 1280x800 which I cannot obtain.

I've only read up to page 8 of this thread so far and I'm hoping to find a fix in the remaining pages! Thanks all.

have you had any luck getting this running as of yet?

what kernel are you running First... I have almost an identical lappy.... had very marginal success with the same graphics card.

actualy just redid install and works great using vanilla kernel.... one issue... 2/3 boots lock up and get garbled display.... kinda like the resolution change is happening too quick and locking up.... 1/3 boots perfect tho... cant wait for a more solid solution or if you would like any info from me just let me know how to retrieve it and i will post it back... thanks in advance with any help in this matter.

This ihas been killing me forever it seems...

i have a Acer Aspire 9410Z (notebook)

Used 10.5.1 Kalyway + 10.5.2 Kalyway update + kalyway_10.5.2_kernels

Everything is working great except the graphics tear issue...

When ever i try to do the graphic fix from apple my screen goes black or blue depending on my machines mood. I know i am on the Deskotp because i have audio and i can hear my volume when i turn it up and down. When i hook up an external monitor i can see the desktop and use it.

I tried the natit.kext and i still have no luck, i have tried many ways to fix this issue, none seem to work. Does anyone know of a way that i can get this to work?

the video card is a gma945 but it has always worked with the gma950 before, or even a gma900 if i have to.

I hope someone can help me with this, thanks

i tried to follow the thread, but am not completely sure--

i have on my dell m1330 with x3100, iatkos r2, 10.5.1

fully running with QE/CI, but have to press power+S

on every startup (THANKS for this hint!!!)

is there any way to get it working without this trick?

I also Have a Toshiba U305 -S7446 with X3100 and I also get garbled/scrambled text.

I have tried Natit, Graphics update, 10.5.2 and I have removed AppleIntelFrameBuffer all with no sucess I just get a blank black screen after the graphics update.

If I start the comp with an external display connected then I get a blue screen with not mouse cursor or anything.

If anyone else has any recommendations let me know.

I have everything working on this laptop except webcam(chicony) and Display(x3100)

Thanks,

HooKed

Has anyone successfully installed the leopard graphics update on the gmax3100 when using natit? I've been using the sleep/wake trick, and natit. When I applied the leopard graphics update, after waking my display on boot, the screen was all white with some stripes of color. Then, when I replaced all of the gmax3100 kexts with my old ones, after boot, my system would work for a few seconds, then lock up. Weird stuff happened during those few seconds though. The whole dock was reflective, and the menu bar along the top of my screen was solid (not translucent), suggesting that qe/ci didn't work.

I installed on one Dell Optiplex GX620, it runs fine, but only two things are crashing the whole system, Screen Sharing and OpenGL Viewer Extensions tests. I will try to put back 10.5.1 kexts and see if it crashes too or not.

@macgirl:

Are you using 10.5.1 kexts on 10.5.2 without any problems? Are there working QE/Ci, resolution change at system preferences and no mouse artifacts in certain applications when the cursor changes?

@All:

Here is what I get when Natit loads:

kernel[0]: Chosen model GMA 950
kernel[0]: Alkor: Setting built-in=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: Alkor: Setting AAPL,HasPanel=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: Alkor: Setting AAPL,NumFramebuffers=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: Alkor: Setting AAPL,NumDisplays=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: Alkor: Setting AAPL01,Depth=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: Alkor: Setting AAPL01,Pipe=<data not shown>
kernel[0]: dsmos: Initializing...
kernel[0]: dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!
mds[20]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
kernel[0]: dsmos: Starting...

...but once OS X is loaded I can't change resolutions at system preferences/display. Editing boot.plist is a no go for me as my display native resolution isn't supported by it. QE/CI work.

My setup:

GMA device id: 0x2772

Motherboard: Asus P5LD2-VM SE

OS X: Leo4All v2 vanilla kernel (10.5.2)

Thanks

@macgirl:

Are you using 10.5.1 kexts on 10.5.2 without any problems? Are there working QE/Ci, resolution change at system preferences and no mouse artifacts in certain applications when the cursor changes?

Ya.

Sometimes there are very few artifacts but not on the cursor, a small black box shows near to the apple menu, but after activate that menu the box disappear, but is not frequently enough.

Hi. I have a problem with my graphic card Intel X3100. I have laptop HP dv6654us:

Intel GMA X3100

2GB DDR2 Ram

1x250GB WD HDD

Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1,5 GHz

Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC

chipset: Intel Crestline-GM GM965

I installed Leopard Kalyway 10.5.1, Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update, Kalyway 10.5.2 vanilla kernel, Apple Leopard Graphics update and now I have a problem. Sometimes when I turn on my laptop screen looks like on this photo:

2903082026iq2.th.jpg

I can't do anything and I have to reset computer. Then I must turn on leopard in a safe mode, do permission repair and i

works to the next error. How to fix that?

Thanks for help

Good news! Dell vostro 1500 with Intel GMAX3100 is fully working without Natit.kext.

settings of Dell Vostro 1500: CPU T5270@1.4GHz, 2G ddr2 Memory, Intel GMAX3100, chipset: Intel GM965, 160 Sata WD hdd.

the machine installed with Kalway 10.5.1, then upgraded to 10.5.2, and new SMBIOS.kext and mach_kernel from netkas.org.

I recently did the graphic updates, and I compared the new /System/Library/Extensions/ with the old one, I found the following has been modified or changed:

/System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext

so make sure to back them up before and after you did the update.

I did tons of experiments of all the combination for different kext. finally, GMAX3100 work only for AppleIntelGMAX3100*, I have to remove all AppleIntelGMA965* and AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer. You don't need to worry about ATI* since we only have a GMAX3100 here. Natit.kext is not needed here anymore.

Here comes the important trick of how I make it work:

you need an external display to hook up with the laptop during booting. and press Fn + F8 to put the display on the external display. when the login screen appears, it will automatically redirect to the internal LCD display! and the external display won't be needed anymore.

I had the full functionality of the GMAX3100, QE/Ci, can change different resolution, except the refresh Freq(I guess it may related to the LCD issue).

2378076442_55ef5fd710_b.jpg

The tube external display is preferred, if one doesn't work, try others in several times. When I use an external LCD to trick GMAX3100 to work, I got the marbled/garbled screen like mafioso12's one, so be paitent and give more trying.

Good luck to everyone!

hi guys i need some help, i searched all over the place for a whole week and came up with no answers, can someone please help me get 1280x800 resolution on my HP 530 notebook?

intel gma950 graphics

note, i already installed the 10.5.2 update, nothing worked, i tried the 10.5.1 kext and nothing worked, i also installed the natit kext, nothing worked, i am stuck at 1024x768