Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

After GFX updare GMA X3100 on my lappy (dv6626us) is workin and Natit kext is no longer needed.

But still got a problem, mirroring is not workin and for some reasons while if you connect the laptop to a monitor you can choose between mirrored or not and default is dual monitor if I connect my lappy to a projector the mirrored mode is on and I cannot get fixed

any suggestions?

I'm about to pick myself up a Hasee laptop with the x3100 graphics. Pardon me for being a :) but I am just soooooo confused with the number of posts as to getting this chip working that I have no idea where to start. If someone who actually knows how it should be done could type up some detailed instructions, I would be extremely grateful. Or is there really no generic solution?

I would like to finish by thanking Netkas and Paulicat for their amazing efforts on this and many other issues in the OSX86 community. You guys are our legends (not that other developers aren't as well :) :) )

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who have been contributing to the community!

But a quick concern.

I have a sony vaio sz 650 that has the x3100 or GMA965 graphics in it.

I managed to install Kalyway 10.5.1, and update to 10.5.2 using the Kalyway comboupdate as well as the Kalyway 10.5.2 kernels. However, my graphics isn't working like it is supposed to. Depending on what kexts are installed I get different results.

Situation one:

Installed Natit.kext. Deleted AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext as well as AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Results: Works only with 800x600 resolution on laptop's screen.

Situation two:

Installed Natit.kext, deleted only AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. I believe that hte AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts are the ones that came with kalyway 10.5.1 leopard.

Results: Outputs 1280x768 or 1280x960 on laptop screen ONLY IF AND ONLY IF I have a VGA thing plugged into my laptop. (basically it extends my desktop). If I do not have a VGA plugged in, I get this on my screen: see attachment

post-193965-1204578759_thumb.jpg

Am I missing something? Any one have any suggestions?

Thank you in advanced!

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who have been contributing to the community!

But a quick concern.

I have a sony vaio sz 650 that has the x3100 or GMA965 graphics in it.

I managed to install Kalyway 10.5.1, and update to 10.5.2 using the Kalyway comboupdate as well as the Kalyway 10.5.2 kernels. However, my graphics isn't working like it is supposed to. Depending on what kexts are installed I get different results.

Situation one:

Installed Natit.kext. Deleted AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext as well as AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Results: Works only with 800x600 resolution on laptop's screen.

Situation two:

Installed Natit.kext, deleted only AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. I believe that hte AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts are the ones that came with kalyway 10.5.1 leopard.

Results: Outputs 1280x768 or 1280x960 on laptop screen ONLY IF AND ONLY IF I have a VGA thing plugged into my laptop. (basically it extends my desktop). If I do not have a VGA plugged in, I get this on my screen: see attachment

post-193965-1204578759_thumb.jpg

Am I missing something? Any one have any suggestions?

Thank you in advanced!

Thats exactly what I get on my Vaio SZ1VP thats has an Intel GMA950 graphics card.

I think the problem is that the LCD screen is not being recognised.

Thats exactly what I get on my Vaio SZ1VP thats has an Intel GMA950 graphics card.

I think the problem is that the LCD screen is not being recognised.

Have you tried using an external display? Because I read that technically, it is outputting... the computer just doesn't know how to intrepet it. But going thru the VGA port, it works. Let me know if that is your case.

Have you tried using an external display? Because I read that technically, it is outputting... the computer just doesn't know how to intrepet it. But going thru the VGA port, it works. Let me know if that is your case.

Yes external display works fine, just the internal one doesn't seem to. I've noticed this is a problem mainly

concerned with Vaio's.

Is there any way to get my internal screen working without artifacts/mouse tearing

This Natit enables you to use the leopard X3100 kexts fully and completely.

You don't have to remove anything, all you need to do is chown/chmod this natit and drop it in /System/Library/Extensions.

Paulicat.

How do you chown/chmod Natit please tell me....

How do you chown/chmod Natit please tell me....

I found this somewhere in the forum but I dont remember where:

Do this in terminal:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

This should repair the permissions of all your kexts I believe. After, do a:

diskutil repairpermissions /

I found this somewhere in the forum but I dont remember where:Do this in terminal:sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/ExtensionsThis should repair the permissions of all your kexts I believe. After, do a:diskutil repairpermissions /
But i dont think so... Because even i have seen it.. and tried also.. but i dont know for what it is used..... And even still 2more lines are used.. which u have not specified...Hey vietboi821 can u help me with the blue screen in leopard......After the installation....

Untitled.jpg

My Laptop dosn't work~~~just Graphic Card......

i Try to repair graphic..........but i can;t....

How can i do???Could U tell me.......?

If i delete AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.Kext.................after that doen;t work.........my monitor hang over~

ps/ i naver chacked leopard kernel mode. because original kernel doesn;t work .........so i choose "no check~"

if it was influence about my graphicdriver~~~so my computer doesn;t work????

Kalyway 10.5.1, and update to 10.5.2

Model : Toshiba sattle U300

CPU : INTEL Core2Dueo T5450 1.66G

RAM : 2Gbyte

HDD : SATA 150G <toshiba>

Wireless : 4965

Graphic : GMA X3100

SOUND : Realtek HD SOUND <ALC268>

<sorry english is my second language.....>

But i dont think so... Because even i have seen it.. and tried also.. but i dont know for what it is used..... And even still 2more lines are used.. which u have not specified...Hey vietboi821 can u help me with the blue screen in leopard......After the installation....
Yeah I can try, Detail me what you did for installation and everything leading up to the blue screen. Have you tried booting with commands -v -x at Darwin? -v shows the code execution so maybe we can pin point the problem. -x boots leopard into safe mode.Let me know
Untitled.jpgMy Laptop dosn't work~~~just Graphic Card......i Try to repair graphic..........but i can;t....How can i do???Could U tell me.......?If i delete AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.Kext.................after that doen;t work.........my monitor hang over~ps/ i naver chacked leopard kernel mode. because original kernel doesn;t work .........so i choose "no check~"if it was influence about my graphicdriver~~~so my computer doesn;t work????Kalyway 10.5.1, and update to 10.5.2Model : Toshiba sattle U300 CPU : INTEL Core2Dueo T5450 1.66GRAM : 2Gbyte HDD : SATA 150G <toshiba>Wireless : 4965Graphic : GMA X3100SOUND : Realtek HD SOUND <ALC268><sorry english is my second language.....>
Hi,Do you mean that your laptop works but graphics does not work?In that case where does the laptop hang when you run leopard, what results do you get? Have you tried booting with an external display attached to VGA? Any more details?

Guys,

I have a problem with GMA X3100 driver for Intel...

My laptop-machine:

Model : Sony Vaio VGN-CR260F

CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz

HDD : SATA 160G <toshiba> Working!

Wireless : 4965 - Doesn't work!.

Graphic : Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller - GMA X3100 - Doesn't work!.

SOUND : Intel High Definition Sound - Working!.

Ethernet : RTL8101E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller - Working!.

I've probed everything mentioned on this thread for Graphics GMAX3100 but nothing works... I've a white screen!...

1.- I've installed Kalyway 10.5.1

2.- I've updated to 10.5.2 by KallywayComboUpdate10.5.2.

3.- I've updated the kernel to 9.2 from kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg package.

4.- I've installed "Graphics Update 1.0" from Apple.

5.- I've installed Natit.kext from paulicat topic.

6.- I've removed AppleIntelGMA950*.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

7.- I've probed with a second display.

and nothing ... I have the same result as SuskindC ...

The only way that I've a working display is with VESA (AppleIntelGMA950*.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext).

What's wrong?!!!

Would somebody help me please?!!!

Regards.

Thank U~~~vietboi821~~~

I tried booting with commands -v -x at Darwin

Plz~~ Help me~~~ I wait for your answer~~~~

thank U~~very much~~~vietboi821~~~

Hey SuskindC,

Can you tell me exactly what has been working for you? Are you able to boot under safe mode? or does it Hang and stop. Tell me exactly what does not work and I will try and help from there.

THanks

yes I tried safe mode(-v -x)

1. I just remaind AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100 & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB

after that I using Natit.kext....................<= this case.... it does work.......

but.....just work~~`My computer didn;t catch Graphic Card Driver~~~the first capture we can see that~

2. anyother way.......if i delete all of them.....just remaind AppleIntelGMAX3100FB file~~

and than.....i using nateit.kext........<=my Graphic doesn't work~~~it's white color...and change the other color....

so I know that...if i didn;t delete AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.Kext and than i setup my graphic card driver...

<= does work...but....my graphic Card doesn;t catch the Driver,,,,,

and If i did delete AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.Kext ...i can't see a my monitor................

sorry my english ability is not good.....

I tried methods of 5, 6, 7 in your list, it works under 10.5.1 kalyway EFI GUID booted, Vanilla kernel of BrazilMac 10.5.1.

my laptop is Dell Vostro 1500, T5270 @ 1.4GHz, 2G ram, GMA X3100, 160G Sata HDD.

no wireless yet, Ethernet is working.

Audio working with patch method from wiki Hardware Compatitable List 10.5.1.

I remember I tried at least 2 different version of Natit.kext, Maybe you didn't pick up the right one?

Good luck!

Guys,

I have a problem with GMA X3100 driver for Intel...

My laptop-machine:

Model : Sony Vaio VGN-CR260F

CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz

HDD : SATA 160G <toshiba> Working!

Wireless : 4965 - Doesn't work!.

Graphic : Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller - GMA X3100 - Doesn't work!.

SOUND : Intel High Definition Sound - Working!.

Ethernet : RTL8101E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller - Working!.

I've probed everything mentioned on this thread for Graphics GMAX3100 but nothing works... I've a white screen!...

1.- I've installed Kalyway 10.5.1

2.- I've updated to 10.5.2 by KallywayComboUpdate10.5.2.

3.- I've updated the kernel to 9.2 from kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg package.

4.- I've installed "Graphics Update 1.0" from Apple.

5.- I've installed Natit.kext from paulicat topic.

6.- I've removed AppleIntelGMA950*.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

7.- I've probed with a second display.

and nothing ... I have the same result as SuskindC ...

The only way that I've a working display is with VESA (AppleIntelGMA950*.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext).

What's wrong?!!!

Would somebody help me please?!!!

Regards.

@jimmy7430 and SusKindC

Are either of you able to get to the main OS screen of leopard? Without any modifications to the kexts, no naitit (except for removing the 950 kexts)?

Because for me, I can get leopard to work on my X3100 without using any other kexts and just deleting the 950 kexts BUT I can only get 1024x768 and not 1280x800 =(

my experience with HP pavilion dv6530ep (x3100)

installed kalyway 10.5.1 (doesnt boot other than in safe boot -x)

- update combo 10.5.2 kalyway

- installed kalyway 10.5.2 vanilla kernel

- installed apple leopard graphics update 1.0 from apple website

now it boots in normal mode, with full gfx acceleration and correct resolution.

no editing, no removing kexts

I tried methods of 5, 6, 7 in your list, it works under 10.5.1 kalyway EFI GUID booted, Vanilla kernel of BrazilMac 10.5.1.

my laptop is Dell Vostro 1500, T5270 @ 1.4GHz, 2G ram, GMA X3100, 160G Sata HDD.

no wireless yet, Ethernet is working.

Audio working with patch method from wiki Hardware Compatitable List 10.5.1.

I remember I tried at least 2 different version of Natit.kext, Maybe you didn't pick up the right one?

Good luck!

Thank you, jimmy7430!.icon6.gif

In another thread TheDilettante told me that I sould use kexthelper and then switchresx, so at nigth I gonna try with this!.

Regards.

just one problem on my x3100...

opengl benchmark from xbench is extremely low (around 17 points). any ideas? i also can't play hires videos like 1080p indiana jones trailer, it lags and stops VLC. not sure its an opengl problem, but it seems like it is, all other stuff works great...

Here's an ioreg for anyone who is interested.

I have a 10.5.2 Dell m1330 with Intel graphics (gma950 i think?) and I've tried the Natit.kext and a AppleIntelIntergratedFramebuffer.kext that I found online somewhere.

Laptop doesn't seem to load any of these, it is usable at 1024x768 but the native is 1280x800 which I cannot obtain.

I've only read up to page 8 of this thread so far and I'm hoping to find a fix in the remaining pages! Thanks all.

ioreg.txt

@jimmy7430 and SusKindC

Are either of you able to get to the main OS screen of leopard? Without any modifications to the kexts, no naitit (except for removing the 950 kexts)?

Because for me, I can get leopard to work on my X3100 without using any other kexts and just deleting the 950 kexts BUT I can only get 1024x768 and not 1280x800 =(

mine works with external display only! But I have all the config of different resolutions.