Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

hey, great to hear it works for you. not sure what you mean by device properties into your boot list. thought all I needed to do was add the gfx string to it?can you explain? thanks

edit: reread this and conclude that I did add the device properties to my boot.plist file. here is what it looks like after editing. maybe I am doing sth wrong?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Device</key>
<string>/PCI0@0/IDE0@1F,2/PRI@0/PMP@0/@0:1</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel.sleep</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>6d0000000100000001000000610000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027
ff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000000b000000474d412039353020000000410041005000
c002c00480061007300500061006e0065006c0000000800000001000000</string>	
</dict>
</plist>

looks perfect. i used this guide http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,66.0.html to the letter, not sure if that makes a difference.

Hello, how can i make the integrated card of p5b-vm(g965 3000x) working on iaktos with QE/CI activated.

I've been searching all the way around this last 3 days and found no info on that. Sorry if i'm not in the right section.

I' m a noob on hackintosh and i'm french so i'm a little bit lost. Sorry if i'm writing a bad english.

Thanks

Hi,

I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get a GMA 3000 working (946GZ)

There's a few differences to posted info on the 950, for example my ioreg has

"IODisplayPrefsKey" = "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGD0@2/.Display_boot/display0/AppleDisplay-756e6b6e-717"

Noted it has IGD0 where others have got display0.

I also have IGD0 at boot, and with my dev id added to natit (any of the 5 or so versions in the thread) I get:

IGD0: family specific matching fails

Alkor: Starting.

Chosen model Not supported.

Alkor: Required dictionaries not found in plist

Does anyone know how to add a relevant dict to the info.plist ? Is it possible to get the key values from hardware not in a real mac, scanning under another os or anything?

Thanks,

Andrew

hi

i have the gma950(laptop compaq nx7400 ) with the same artifacts ( mouse pointer , piece of window and so on ) do you know if there is a solution ? i use kalyway 10.5.1 and i haven't resolution problem

thank in advance

hi

i have the gma950(laptop compaq nx7400 ) with the same artifacts ( mouse pointer , piece of window and so on ) do you know if there is a solution ? i use kalyway 10.5.1 and i haven't resolution problem

thank in advance

I'm buying a new card. It seems like nobody cares about poor gma950 :)

After searching a couple of days for solution on this forum, i found it! I don't remember who's the author, but if you're reading, thank you!

I downloaded 10.5.1 update .dmg from Apple, unpacked it via Pacifist, deleted my old GMA950 and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kexts and installed the versions from 10.5.1 update via Kexthelper. Now everything is great, no more artifacts!

I'm using Kallyway 10.5.1 Intel.

I'm buying a new card. It seems like nobody cares about poor gma950 :)

Paulicat released a package that will work for nonDell systems. Be aware that if you have an onboard gfx card in your notebook, you CANNOT upgrade. you would have to buy a new motherboard. (I've been there myself).

Paulicat It's in that long thread somewhere.

also, new gfx string for gma950 with efi may work Efi+gma950

I'm trying and i'm trying....

I Just installed he new kalyway leopard DVD, fist the computer goes off, i boot in safe delete the apple framebuffer and the laptop work now in vesa, after that i install the paulicast's kext and my screen goes off, and if a connect a second display ot acts as a second display not as primary... :)

what now??!!

My Laptop:

Sony Vaio VGN-NR11S/S

x3100 intel

Thanks,

Jorge

Azurael,

I second your statement big time! I think a lot of confusion is coming from this thread trying to deal with both the 950 and the 3100 at the same time. That is why I created the other thread specifically for X3100 users who after following the instructions in this thread, still can not get it to work. Unfortunately it does not appear to be getting much use and people are just continuing to post useless info and questions into this thread.

While I agree with both of you, it is very difficult to gather pertinent information, simply because the search function is difficult to use and questions/answers are all over the place. Couple this with "use xxxx.kext from yyyy distribution" or "use xxxx's yyyy", and then not being able to find them. Since all the files/folders for a given item tend to have the same names, it becomes a nightmare. I am speaking from personal experience, and I'm not totally green (but by no means an expert). I'm still trying to fix up my GMA950 video so there is no mouse tearing. I've followed many directions and none of them seem to help.

It would be excellent if those that can edit/hack/fix would make some sort of package/bundle that green noobs can handle. Sure, it means they may not learn much, but not everybody cares to get that deep into OS X. Include a text document to give some details.

I hope that doesn't sound harsh, it's not supposed to be. I am grateful for these forums as it has let me install OS X on my machine and it's great (even without sleep and with mouse tearing). But I'd like to get it better.

Cheers.

I made a little script to run the application sleepdisplay, then press a key to wake the display up (useful for dell users). I attached it here, along with the sleepdisplay application. You can place either of these anywhere you want on your hd. To run on boot, add the sleepdisplayscript application to your applications run at login list.

SleepDisplay.zip

No, it cannot be run before the user logs in. I don't think this is possible, unless somehow you could integrate the sleep/wake trick into the loginwindow application. Or, make a kext that would do this, but I don't know if that is possible either.

Hi ALL,

This is my first post, but i've been lurking these forums for a few weeks now (sorry). I must say this forum is has a wealth of information and determined people!!

I've been trying to get Leopard 10.5.1 working with graphics on my HP530 (Spec below) the graphics card is Intel GMA950 Device ID 0x27AE Vend ID 8086, but have been unsuccessful. I've tried iAtkos 10.5.1r2 and Kalyway 10.5.1. I've tried various kernels TOH, and Vanilla + EFIv8. I've been more successful with the Kalyway 10.5.1 release with Vanilla, MBR EFIv8 and standard vanilla patches. I've got VGA but it's the standard 1028x768, no Kext loaded, no QE/CI, so I would class this as non-working VGA.

I've tried natit.kext and added my device ID and Vendor ID into plist.info. Installed the edited Kext with Kext helper b07, added this device Vendor ID into the 10.5.1. Original Kext on the retail disk.

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00001002 0x0000ffff 0x27a28086 0x27728086 0x2a028086 0x2a038086 0x27ae8086</string>

I'm also using original AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext also.

ALKOR is starting at boot but logging that no dictionaries were valid for the device.

I've been at this for a while now.

Does any one have the same Intel GMA950 card with a Device ID of 0x27AE working with QE/CI and changing resolutions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers....

Shared Tip:

I managed to get the natit.kext working with an Intel GMA3100 on an ACER 5315 (£299) with a case fan underneath cooling the processor. DO NOT PURCHASE THE ACER 5315 LAPTOP FOR ANY OS OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL ONE INSTALLED, THE CPU FAN IS CONTROLLED BY AN ACER APPLICATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE ORIGINAL OS INSTALLATION!! THIS CAUSES THE LAPTOP TO CRASH!!

----

My computer: HP 530 T2400 1024MB 120GB

1GB Memory

Intel GMA950GM integrated (0x27ae8086) No QE/CI no resolution

ok guys, i searched all 15 pages and found no solution to the mouse tearing/glitching issues (two cursors and a small grey square on display)

i am using the gma950 on my dell inspiron 6400.

if there is a solution, can someone please give me the instructions

i really think it would help if persons who found solutions, post their step by step way of doing stuff so people like me wont have to be asking the same question over and over. :)

ok guys, i searched all 15 pages and found no solution to the mouse tearing/glitching issues (two cursors and a small grey square on display)

i am using the gma950 on my dell inspiron 6400.

if there is a solution, can someone please give me the instructions

i really think it would help if persons who found solutions, post their step by step way of doing stuff so people like me wont have to be asking the same question over and over. B)

there just isn't a solution for dell systems with gma950, period. there is something that comes very close, but no cigar. read this for more

No, it cannot be run before the user logs in. I don't think this is possible, unless somehow you could integrate the sleep/wake trick into the loginwindow application. Or, make a kext that would do this, but I don't know if that is possible either.

Well, you could make it so that the system auto-logs in with a user, runs this script, then logs out.. (so make that user specifically for running this script..)

Equate,

Its a good idea, but I think it is easier to just hit Power->S->Power

Only if sleep works :(

Doesn't for me, and it's only the display that needs sleeping too..

BTW - you got sound working? If so, can you pm me? would like some info on how you got it.. I can't get it going on my d630 so far..

Does the hot-corners doesn't work with you?

Try the Sleep-Display.

Hot corners do indeed work for me.

However, I don't have automatic login enabled, and if I log in (with the lcd black) to use hot corners, my desktop doesn't load (no icons on the desktop, at all), so I have to log out and back in again..

I generally just wait the 1 minute I have set in energy saving preferences.

Slightly annoying, but workable.

EqUaTe

I had just had a brain fart.

I've had Dell tower for ages, and have always felt that the Dell Video drivers were inferior to the latest Intel drivers.

Case in point, on my Dell Dimension 3000, my ATI HDTV Wonder works much better with the Intel "developer" version of the drivers, as opposed to the last Dell drivers.

So here is the deal, on integrated chipsets, its the drivers that determine your "video bios" as it were, as they do flash some onboard nvram on the video chipset, iirc.

So, I would really, REALLY recommend that anyone running a Dell first try to find some OEM drivers that will work under XP / Vista, and see if that improves performance any. Also, make sure you are running your mobo's latest bios as well, especially one that will improve Vista compatibility.

More or Less,

I don't understand what your post is doing in this thread. As far as I can tell you don't have a GMA 950 or 3100.....and even if you did what does Vista or XP drivers have to do with anything? Please if you posted this to the wrong thread by mistake could you delete it.