Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

flibblesan - Yes, seriously. Infact i'm grabbing the GM now, then it should be a matter of replacing a few files and swapping out the kernel to get Leo working.

sgiraldoa - As now mentioned numerous times in this post... it is currently Intel ONLY.

Zaido - If you already have 10.4.10 working on your system, and everything is working OK, then personally I wouldn't start from scratch again. It may be slightly different, but shouldn't be much if you already have 10.4.10 running.

~mac.nub

I hope it could run in my mac impossible PC:

AMD 64 bits dual core, nVidia Chipset, SATA Hard Disk.

None of others DVD patches has worked in my PC (installation error "root device don't found")--> USB or SATA error.

Hope... hope.

both our dreams are ruined. hope someone makes an AMD version

Dear mac.nub: Could you add aomeDear mac.nub:Could you add some drivers? my sound is Realtek ALC880. Video is ATI Mobility X700,Network is Marvel Youkon Gigabit Ven:11AB,DEv:4320 ,Wireless is REaltek 2200BGThanks!Hope you can release quickly?

Dragonshadow - Yes it supports dual core, and the kernel uses 64bit mode when available. It's not just dual core though... it utilises as many cores as available. So if you had 2x Quad Core processors in it... it would use all 8 cores. This is a standard feature of any recent mac kernel.

jps - Why so many posts? And the Sound, Video and LAN drivers you mentioned are already built into the DVD. For your wireless I assume you mean Intel 2200BG? There is no proper support for Intel wireless cards, get a broadcom chipset based one.

ObsidianX - SATA may not be supported, however the modified nForce kernel will allow the system to boot on your motherboard.

~mac.nub

chillman88: he said it'll boot on nforce hardware, but sata might not work :\ what i want to know is how can i fix it? i'd love to hack up the driver to add support for newer cards but i wouldn't know were to start or where to look for the information... possibly linux tools that'll dump information that'll be of some use/

Hi mac.nub

thanks for all your hard work

I am one of the unlucky owners of Nforce4 sata, so I had to get a silicon image SATA card, which is supported under OSX, with the manufacturer's driver

unfortunately this driver is not included on any OSX boot disks, so I can't see my disks when I boot from them

I was curious if you might add it to your release in the extensions.mkext

I am attaching it to this msg

SiliconImage3132.zip

wow amazing work! im a complete noob to it all, but i was wondering if my system would be supported:hp 8510pprocessor Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2ghzEM64TIntel PM965 chipset160bg Serial ATA hdATI Mobility Radeon x2600intel wireless wifi link 4965AG Mainboard: Hewlett Packard 30C5sorry if im asking a stupid question by posting this, thanks!sorry the hard drive is a Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 if it means anything

ObsidianX: I caught that, i was just wondering if he knew if nForce 4 sata worked, becasuse Uphuck saw my nforce 4 sata drives, and jas installed & ran fine on a nForce 4 IDE, so i was just curious if it was known to work or not.

BTW!!! Uphuck 1.4 AMD seriously screwed with my nForce 4 sata drive, so if you test nForce 4 sata be cautious, and make backups. My drive now operates at half the speed it used to (windows runs at 1/2 the speed it used to!!!

chillman88 - It should certainly be able to install to SATA and IDE drives on an nForce 4 based mobo.

Bumbaclaat - I'm not making any more modifications before the DVD release now, as there would be no way to test them quickly enough... however the nForce 4 SATA should be fine, and if you want you can then use the SI SATA again after install.

JackSteffan - Should be fine, apart from the wireless.

Yay! - Finally have the Leo GM! Now I can play about with it tomorrow to get it working on my Hackintosh's.

~mac.nub

. . . ? . . no, just someone mildly amused by someone else [you] soooooo lazy you posted a question directly below & twenty minutes after a post by mac.nub containing the specific & exact answer to your question.
Sorry for that.
Yay! - Finally have the Leo GM! Now I can play about with it tomorrow to get it working on my Hackintosh's.~mac.nub
Same here. Although, I don't have the power to do things with it :o

btw: the nForce4 is not the same as the nForce in the 650i boards, or it is?

First of all thanks for your great work!!!

I bought a HP m8120n desktop and seems that my system has all the components that does not work with hackintosh...(ok some works...) here they are:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz (not properly recongnized but works)

Intel P965

Motherboard Name: P5BW-LA (HP/Compaq motherboard name: Basswood3G-UL8E)

3 GB RAM 5300 (ok)

640 GB (2 x 320) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) (only boots in AHCI mode)

Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT (ok, only 8800 support....I know)

Audio - Realtek ALC 888S chipset (works, but I cant make the front connectors to work)

Ethernet Intel 82566DC Gigabit (onboard) (don't work)

Wifi Ralink 5545 (onboard) (don't work)

All instalations I've tried so far have issues with my specs, no matter what I do I do not have internet (ethernet or wifi), my grafic card has problems as well (ok, I know you have worked on the 8800, but I can hope right?) and I can't make keynotes to work.

I hope I can solve some of the issues with your release...

chelhydra - Obviously not you but lots of other people in this topic obviously do. If you have no interest in this, why bother even posting in this topic? - I'm not going to be releasing a Leo install DVD for quite a while - if at all. So if you want one... make one yourself. And if you can't? Then stop bugging me to do so.

It was just a suggestion.. since you put so much work here.

It's not a matter of who can and who can't create a DVD, most of us here can but don't have the time to do it.

hello

Thanks, for releasing this install to the the public!

I was thinking of buying a pc tomorow once your release is out.

Could you recomend anything? (considering compatiblity with your release)

my price range is $600.00-$999.99?

(If this is not the proper place for this question I'm sorry) :)