Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Well done mate if it lives up to expectations it should be the best

As you have said there seems to be increasing fragmentation in the Hackintosh world it would be good to see all the great talent pulling in the same direction.

+1 Great work Mac.nub

Sounds great! I'll keep this thread watched so that I know when the release is. I use a slightly modified and hacked version of 10.4.9 right now based on the JaS releases. I found those were close to the base mac setups but the others were way off. Yours sound like it would work well. Have you tested on any Dell systems at all? If not then I can be a guinea pig on that as I use an E1705 and I would like to know if this release will finally make it possible to run with both cores.

pcdave22 - I've never heard of this issue, but I’ve not heard of others with the same card complaining about it, so I would have thought it shouldn't be a problem any longer.

garybeard333 - I'll take a look sometime tomorrow and see if I can come up with anything, PM me to remind me.

SMF - Thanks for letting me know, I’ll look into that. And gotoh updated a previous 10.4.10 Install with it, but it was a 10.4.10 Install with a 8.10.1 kernel to the 10.8.3 kernel. Personally I’d recommend doing a fresh install, that way you are sure not to get a mix of old, un-needed files.

Megnus - Cheers, and unfortunately I do not know of a way to do this; however have you tried the latest NVinject? (Included on my DVD) it may well work.

Seeyou - As said in my first post, I am not looking for any more beta testers. Also just because things are not shown correctly in the system profiler, does not mean that they are not functioning correctly. The reason memory is shown as empty, is because of the AppleSMBIOS kext used on your system. The system will function properly, even if the information is not shown correctly under the system profiler. Also, the kernel information is provided by the kernel... so technically if it's a kernel used in a Mac Pro it should show the correct information, therefore if you use the 8.10.3 kernel it should display correctly.

Orfeus - Some people mentioned Azalia Audio should cover it, others said it needs manual patching... I’m not sure, but try using the Azalia Audio install option and see if it works with that. And the language files were too big to include on my disk image, as after I added everything else I had about 20MB left, I’ll try to release the multi-language files at the same time I release the install DVD.

fryke - I don't know what others have done, but when looking in resources of Mail.app etc. I see all the multi-language .lproj files are there, e.g. Dutch.lproj, French.lproj etc. I would be providing the 10.4.10 Language Install files, as I have the real Mac 10.4.10 Install DVDs from an iMac. As for my definition of un-needed files, they are all readily available, and I want my DVD to be as light-weight AND functional as possible... if that's not what you're after, then make your own DVD.

flibblesan - Yes perfectly safe with my nForce kernel, I am personally running it on an Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI (NF650i SLi chipset).

jez6345789 - Cheers for the kind comments.

rootnik - Interesting, try installing it as-is first of all, if it doesn't work let me know and I'll release a PPF file that will fix it for you.

dreq - It should install fine, a LAN driver is available from the Realtek site, and Audio may be covered by the Azalia Audio driver, so try that first.

BooHannes - Yes, Quad Core CPUs work fine under Mac.

NUCLEaR - Not currently, as it is currently Intel Only.

microsoft whiz - Depends on what problem you are having, as you don't mention it I can't say.

nylock10 - Thanks.

The Baron - Isn't that for you all to decide? - But all the Beta testers seem to think so ;)

bennyx8903 - Just leave the default Generic IONetworkingFamily.kext Fix selected and it will work perfectly.

build - Cheers.

shinji257 - Works fine on Dell Systems, unfortunately no Dual Core stutter fix though, as that's due to the way ACPI communicates with OS X - If only Dell would release a compliant BIOS...

~mac.nub

802.11n atheros AR5BXB72 macbook

per stats, 2/3's of mac's are macbooks,

as such the 802.11n is pritty hot,

unfortunatly on mine, the sound gets broken,

mac.nub , can anybody test that ?

the AR5BXB72 should be the same as in macbook pro

the only other thing, I'd wish, file system support for NTFS and EXT3, maybe as an option.

thanks a million, cheers, Rob

Hi,

I just had some questions for you for compatiblity with my system!

Will it work with An:

Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2 mATX AM2 GF6100 NF405 motherboard

With a Hitachi Deskstar 7K160 160GB - SATA Hard Drive

And a AMD Athlon 64 4200 CPU?

Please let me know because this instaltion disk sounds amazing!

Thanks!!

Hi;

Just wanna say hello (as a noobie here) and thanks for all the hard work on this, really looking forward to it.

Any chance you can add support for the Yukon 8056 ethernet as per this hack:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34446

Can be done manually (I've done it and it works) but it would be nice if there was a ready modified driver on the install disk !

Cheers

The SATA driver is the same for AMD or Intel so someone will this driver put in AMD MAC x86 i hope... :(

I was up With 10.4.10 on AMD but on IDE hard drive only...big mistake HDD&DVD on the same cabel but that's the only way so far...

But i will try this HACK DISTRO too on my AMD...

Just wanted to say Thanks for a great-Pre-release.... So, with all this new feedback and 'oh, by the way..' are you ramping up for the next next release yet? :)

Coming soon -- "All hail the 1-disk-super-universal-me2kernel-Install disk".

Could you add in some support for my 5.25inch floppy drive though? ..

Seriously though - Looking forward to the release. - Good work