Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

PharohSD - Leave as standard, and also select: NVinjectGo (for graphics), Conextant HDA, PowerManagement.bundle

It's not even worth bothering trying to try the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG available on google code. Because it still doesn't even work, and even if they got it to work, there would still be no encryption options... bin it and get a Broadcom Based one off ebay... oh, and grub should be fine.

macgirl - Here's a countdown timer especially for you - http://www.macdotnub.info/countdown.html ;)

SMF - If you had ever tried downloading drivers from their website, you wouldn't be saying that! Joking aside, I have no idea if those drivers will actually work on Hackintosh's, plus I didn't even realise they were available - just use the ones on the DVD, they actually work.

cloverbay - As I said to PharohSD, get rid of the Intel wireless card, they are not supported, nor will they ever have encryption options.

Hara Taiki - Yes there is support for your wireless adapter - Simply select the Ralink USB Wireless option. As for your second question, no idea. Have a look at the Titan or Natit posts on the forums to find out.

zhimama - It *is* as simple as it can be already. You have to have a basic level of knowledge about the internal parts of your PC to select the correct drivers/install options. It should support most P35 and ICH9 Motherboards, but I can't promise it will support every system. As it's simply not possible to provide for every single possible computer build.

Orfeus - If you provide me with an actual codec type/card name, I may be able to answer that question, saying does it have sound MAX support is no where near informative enough for me to give you an answer. The ISO is only ~1.8GB because it only includes English Language files, and does not include XCode. And actually my GTS has 320MB VRAM, the reason it showed 256 was because of an old System Profiler patch. You can simply replace one folder to get it to show the correct value.

chuuey - Thanks.

fryke - Yes, it is English only. I am not planning on releasing a multi-lingual version, and no, I haven't left out "quite a bit of stuff" all I did was remove the multi-language files, XCode Tools, and the iLife 08 Suite from the 10.4.10 iMac install DVDs, all of which are un-needed and you can find elsewhere. If you want German language support, get the German language file off a DVD that includes it e.g. Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 after install.

sofaritze - I'll do my best.

~mac.nub

Are there any changes in this install to better support laptop keyboards? Dells do not seem to have problems with keyboard support but many LG, Gateway and some HPs have problems. I could point you to a few threads that provide work arounds, but the search is down :rolleyes:

I also want to thank you for the way to presented yourself and your project. Good luck!

If I may, as well, ask a question. Is the Marvell Alaska 88E1116 supported with the other Marvell ethernet drivers? This is the onboard nic of the P5N-E sli. It seems all my other components I know will be covered. Just curious if the nic will be my limiting factor!

Thanks,

Keck

rootnik - Interesting, I'd never seen this issue before. However after looking for it the problem seems to lie within the PS/2 driver and that a hacked one is available that should fix this... this wasn't built into the DVD, now does the problem usually present it's self during or after installation? If after I can just add a downloadable installer to my website that fixes this, if during installation... that may cause a problem I don't know. It's probably worthwhile trying it, and if it doesn't work, I may be able to release a PPF to apply to the DVD for people that have problems with it.

keckmatd - Interesting question. To be honest i'm not sure. I searched for drivers etc. for this, but didn't come up with anything specifically for that card. Personally I'd be tempted to try the Marvell Driver and see what happens.

~mac.nub

hey this release sounds fantastic. just wondering if the included drivers for the ATI have resolved the dam fan issue on x1950xtx. it puts me off running the mac pc as its constantly on all the time.

I bought a silent heatsink that didnt fit properly lol.

Nice one mac.nub - every1 will love you for this! :)

Since it seems that u know what ur talking about when it comes to hackintosh's perhaps u might have time to have a quick at my post and help me figure out my little niggles - Im semi-noob when it comes to hackintosh's

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=67406

Thanks in advance mate - keep up the good work

mac.nub,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have used the "official" Realtek driver and it works. Right now I'm using the R1000 which I installed during my latest move to the XxX 10.4.10 disk. I was asking more out of curiosity since I haven't seen many (or even any) of the recent install DVDs use the driver from the Realtek site.

I'm assuming to use your DVD you will have to do a clean install. Is that correct or is there a means to install over a current installation and save all the apps, etc?

NOT TRUE! (well kinda... :P )found this http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ the 3945 is "experimental" // Haven't tried it yet...so can't say**NOTE, i do not know the policy of osx86, i'm asuming that posting these links is allowed, but torrent links aren't
Experimental is not equal as Supported.I know because I have one of those hideous cards, and even in the "supported" ones there are no options for encrypted (aka WEP or WPA) networks. But maybe in the future since there is a ffort in developping the driver, right now I prefer to change the card to a Broadcom or Atheros chipset based.Those links are perfectly accepted.
macgirl - Here's a countdown timer especially for you - http://www.macdotnub.info/countdown.html :P~mac.nub
:):thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Hello Mac.nub! I want to thank you in advance for all your work, it seems quite promising to me.

I wanted to ask you something.

I own a Xeon system, bought every single part from different countries throughout Europe. I chose a m/b close to MacPro - TYAN s2696. I added 2x Quad Xeons E5310 (1,6GHz, 8 cores total). It has the Intel ESB2 chipset with Firewire/USB/Lan/PCI/PCIe/PCIx, everything working out of the box.Tested on JAS, uphuck, kalyway. My problem is that in the latest releases of uphuck and Kalyway (10.4.9 & 10.4.10), the CPUs, memory slots and bus speed aren't shown up correctly anymore. Last correct indication was on uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.3. Now I get "2x1.6 GHz Unknown processor" in "about this mac" and "100MHz bus speed", with no other processor indication except that there are 2 prossesors in the system with 4 cores each. Clicking on the memory tab, it shows that the memory slots are completely empty. I think this behaviour, which surely occured after the last 2 installs (uphuck and kalyway) might be kernel dependent, neverthanless I wanted to ask you those following questions:

1) Do you need someone with an ESB2 and Xeons for beta testing?

2) Do you intend to support "MacPro clone" hardware in your upcoming release, and not only the standard Core2Duos?

Thank you very much for your time!

I'm talk about built in sound card on Asus Striker SupremeFX Audio Card

- ADI 1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC

- Support Jack-Sensing, Enumeration, Multi-streaming and Jack-Retasking

- Noise Filter

Coaxial, Optical S/PDIF out

DTS® Connect :huh:

Yes, it is English only. I am not planning on releasing a multi-lingual version, and no, I haven't left out "quite a bit of stuff" all I did was remove the multi-language files, XCode Tools, and the iLife 08 Suite from the 10.4.10 iMac install DVDs, all of which are un-needed and you can find elsewhere. If you want German language support, get the German language file off a DVD that includes it e.g. Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 after install.

I've done that with the kalyway installation. Thing is: The "language pack" you can install separately only updates system files. You then have to copy things like Safari, Mail.app, iChat, i.e. all the apps that are from the "bundled software" pkg lproj's yourself if you want to add a language. Also, specific hacked files aren't updated with the language-files when adding the language with the installer. (It's a drag.)

Your distro sounds like it'll be a very nice one indeed. Hence my interest. :) Of course I can still add the German.lproj's like I did with my current kalyway installation. But it means I'll have to have my real Mac ready at 10.4.10 to get all the language files. As soon as that MacBook goes to 10.5, I won't be able to use its apps as sources for the language-files. :/

Oh, and whether "the multi-language files, XCode Tools, and the iLife 08 Suite" are or aren't "quite a bit of stuff" is probably a question of definition. ;) Of course XCode and iLife are easier to get and install otherwise.

Well done mate if it lives up to expectations it should be the best

As you have said there seems to be increasing fragmentation in the Hackintosh world it would be good to see all the great talent pulling in the same direction.

Cheers

I look forward to your install

Jez

rootnik - Interesting, I'd never seen this issue before. However after looking for it the problem seems to lie within the PS/2 driver and that a hacked one is available that should fix this... this wasn't built into the DVD, now does the problem usually present it's self during or after installation? If after I can just add a downloadable installer to my website that fixes this, if during installation... that may cause a problem I don't know. It's probably worthwhile trying it, and if it doesn't work, I may be able to release a PPF to apply to the DVD for people that have problems with it.

~mac.nub

For my gateway, it happens during and after the install. I need to get a USB keyboard to play with things a little more, I have not attempted to use the hacked drivers.

I remember seeing something to the likes of "ApplePS2Keyboard.kext: probed failed" while booting.

Hello,

I've been trying to install Jas 10.4.8 and Uphuck 10.4.9 for the past 2 weeks but no luck so i gave up and i decided to replace my motherboard and processor with Intel based ones: ASUS P5LD2-SE (Chipset: Intel 945P | ICH7; Audio: ADI1986A; Lan: RTL8111B PCI-E) & INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE E2140. Do you think i will be able to install without headaches :) your version? I think i will manage to install afterwords the lan and audio... my problem is with the install and sataII. Thanks very much for your response, cheers!

PS If you have a better recomandation for the motherboard in the same price range please share :).