a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

i dunno what u were talking but is this the screenie that u want?

thanks for the screenshot <_<. It seems it's the same as tiger's.

A2DP is a bluetooth stack for enabling wireless stereo headsets to be used as an output soundcard. This works very well on Windows XP, Windows Mobile 5.0 and any new bluetooth phone.

There not gonna say, here pay us $99, OH YEAH BUT THERES MEMORY LEAKS SORRY, will fix next revision.....would Microsoft? who many copies do they need to master @ how many hours per 1000? u do the math. They have a time frame they have to make it else they look like fools like MicrosoftPicture%205.png

Apple has already speculated that the two "known" bugs will be updated in 10.5.1 as was 10.4.1, I do "believe" this is a GM as was 10.4

They didn't speculate that. Moreover, it's speculated that the readme pdf says 'tiger' instead of 'leopard', and upgrading from tiger on a powerpc machine is not working, and this is not a problem you can have even on a first release.

Hi, just signed up to participate on this thread. It´s like waiting for santa... Does anybody has some tips how to best install Leopard over Tiger? Archiv install or should I install completly new? I assume that nobody knows for sure, but what would be your guess....will the 9a559 be accepted when it comes to regular software updates? And maybe it will not match because the update expects some already fixed things in the builts he the GM?

Best regards - Christoph

right now, distributed copies: 0.910

great... my mac mini will have Leopard by the end of the day (test platform :))

anyway.. i thought i'd ask, do you think is possible that i could restore the dmg onto a 32G compact flash (usb2.0 reader) and then update my tiger by booting that? I never tested booting from USB from a mac.

best is to backup an install a clean copy, you can then transfer your user files after install. Upgrading seems to lead to problems. Previous builds have allowed regular software updates. I suppose this could change but I doubt it as the official beta testers need updates too.I have installed ALL the test versions from a usb attached drive.

"I got a link to a torrent from a friend of my girlfriend. Numberz and I both downloaded and are running 559 from that. I didn't set aside the original DMG file, and did a clean install. I took the partition that I restored the DMG to, and made a DMG out of that. Didn't even notice that the file size had changed. "

My bad, it is a disk image. I would back up, format your drive and restore this image.

The image I am getting is 6.22 GB, you know the one.

The Dev .dmg was 6.55 GB, can I just burn to a dl DVD as per usual?

Or do I need to restore from a external HD?

i think we cannot just burn that to dvd and install. it's a partition image. Apparently (never tried) it could be restored onto an external usb drive (such as a big compact flash card ) and then somewhere in the univers would appear all of a sudden out of nowhere the option to archive and install onto main drive (which would not delete the /users stuff and spare us of backups)

Could someone direct me where could i find the exact procedure for that (where is that option?!)

i think we cannot just burn that to dvd and install. it's a partition image. Apparently (never tried) it could be restored onto an external usb drive (such as a big compact flash card ) and then somewhere in the univers would appear all of a sudden out of nowhere the option to archive and install onto main drive (which would not delete the /users stuff and spare us of backups)

Could someone direct me where could i find the exact procedure for that (where is that option?!)

:D Why in the world would anyone upload a .dmg that can't be installed from a dvd?

Anyone have directions? PLEASE :):(