Kalyway OSX86 10.4.10 Installer

BJMoose

242 posts in this topic

hey dune31 what do I have to do with those KeyChain ?? I didn't know I had to replace them too, just for the record is it necessary?

Hi NewGuyHere,

The keychains files are for repair problems with safari (HTTPS). Just replace in your system/library/keychains folder the two files (X509Anchor, etc) with the 2 files in my archive. of course I think it's a good thing to do a repair permission after installing them.And for CFMsupport it is the same thing.

Enjoy ;-)

PD: JMicron and WiFi not tested yet (ASUS P5WDH)

hi :hysterical:

I have got the same pc than you so for the wifi you must install the official realtek driver you will find here :

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...s=true#RTL8187L

and choose the RTL8187L driver for Mac OsX 10.4 it works perfect on my P5W.

Hi NewGuyHere,The keychains files are for repair problems with safari (HTTPS). Just replace in your system/library/keychains folder the two files (X509Anchor, etc) with the 2 files in my archive. of course I think it's a good thing to do a repair permission after installing them.And for CFMsupport it is the same thing.Enjoy ;-)
that's what I thought, I knew about CFMSupport but wasn't quite sure about the keychains etc etc..
This version have problems with VNC.
I tested a Vine Server and it works great

does anyone has a link or some clue what driver I should try to apply for my ATI FireGL 7100 card

SSE2 report using Kalyway V1.1

Pentium 4 2.4GHz, Intel 865 PERL, AGP 6600 256Mb, 120 PATA HDD, PATA DVD, Keyboard&mouse USB,

I choose:

MACOSX 10.4.10

SSE2 Intel AMD Support

Patches: Loginwindow, Remove CPUPowerM

Drivers: VGA Nvidia Titan

SYSTEM: AppleSMBIOS, SATA Support, IONetworkingFamily

NETWORK: Realtek 8139

Works fine!

Post installation patches that I needed:

- Safari can't access to secure webs FIXED with Dune31's solution.

Only one thing in AC97 sound:

Audio OUT output only in blue connector

(Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller)

I am using an Acer 5633 laptop, after installation after I select UK keyboard and hit continue it goes back to the multi launguage welcome screen, I get to the same screen to select keyboard and it does it again, over and over. Any ideas anyone please ? Is it to do with the way I created an HDD 'image' on installtion ? Which method should I choose ?

Toast 8 Titanium running Ok in 2 machines: SSE2 & SSE3

does anyone experienced Toast 8 titanium any issues? I can't even start the program , it simply will not start? any ideas WHY

hi there,

I have Abit IB9 mobo, if u just burn the iso file will this release work or do I have to with that additional Jmicron and ICH8 extension before I burn on to the DVD?

If just burn on to the DVD then how to use that extension kext?

need suggestion

you have to reformat your harddrive to do a clean install.

the only option you will need to the audio driver for the mobo.

other then that it installs fine.

I tried installing this release 3 times and each time the install went fine, but upon reboot I just get the blue aqua desktop screen. I haven't gotten to the reg screen or setup an account yet. Anyone know what's going on?

Hey PostalDave,

What settings did you use for your install? I have the same mobo as you except mine is the P5LD2-VM-DH version.

Thanks,

Chevy

hi there,I have Abit IB9 mobo, if u just burn the iso file will this release work or do I have to with that additional Jmicron and ICH8 extension before I burn on to the DVD?If just burn on to the DVD then how to use that extension kext?need suggestionthanks :blink:
hi man !! for extensions.mkext you must mount kalyway iso as read write! wit this command! "hdiutil attach dragyourimagehere -readwrite" without quotes then go to DVD /system/library/extensions .mkextand just drag and drop the jmicron mkext and replace the old one! :)i

hi man !! for extensions.mkext you must mount kalyway iso as read write! wit this command! "hdiutil attach dragyourimagehere -readwrite" without quotes then go to DVD /system/library/extensions .mkextand just drag and drop the jmicron mkext and replace the old one! :) i if you want try this .pkg fixes for safari and rosetta !! _safari&rosetta_fixes for kalyway_10.4.10 v1.0 & v1.1 + automatic permissions repairs !!!

Thanks Kaly,

I'll give it a try and let you know... btw is there a way to copy that .kext under windows? I think the file system doesn't support that way.... :)

I have a 10.4.9 from Jas .8, I'm just going to try to update with ur DVD, hope it should work :) if not I have to do a fresh install.

I need some help please.

This installer running fine on my Dell Optiplex GX260 (3.06 P4 non-HT, 512MB RAM, Radeon9800SE).

A few programs do not work very well - Toast Titanium - doesn't run at all (hmm, runs under 10.4.6/7/8) - I have had this problem before - log file says something about unrecognised subprocessor or something.

Overflow - sometimes works?!There is also a graphical glitch running with Boot Graphics - just at the Loading MacOSX... screen.

I downloaded this primarily for my Acer SA-80 (3.06 Celeron-D, SSE3, 1GB RAM)

The computer goes into a restart loop just after launching (1 second normal, 3 seconds verbose).

It is a Silicon Image (SiS 661GX) chipset, and I followed the instructions for disabling USB to install it (worked!). I don't think I installed the SSE2/AMD patch - as I thought it was not needed.

Is the restart problem due to incorrect positioning of drives on the IDE/ATA chain?

I have 2xPATA (1 is entirely OSX )and 1xSATA drives.

Hi Kaly, Have you got any idea as to why I can't register my FCS2 and CS3 Production Premium packages with this installer? I know I don't have to register them, but since I own them for my Mac Pro, I just register them to avoid the pop up boxes later on. They register on all my other installs (JaS, uphuck, and XxX). I'm more interested in what this might be tied to ... to not have something else happen down the road that might be tied in to this. After applying your patches, this is the only little quirk I seem to have. All software functions as it's supposed to. Thanks for sharing this installer with us.

Hi Kaly, Have you got any idea as to why I can't register my FCS2 and CS3 Production Premium packages with this installer? I know I don't have to register them, but since I own them for my Mac Pro, I just register them to avoid the pop up boxes later on. They register on all my other installs (JaS, uphuck, and XxX). I'm more interested in what this might be tied to ... to not have something else happen down the road that might be tied in to this. After applying your patches, this is the only little quirk I seem to have. All software functions as it's supposed to. Thanks for sharing this installer with us.
try my safari fixes! it is a little diferent ! hope it works for this !!!
try my safari fixes! it is a little diferent ! delete your caches user and system and reboot! hope it works for this !!!

I just replaced the X509Anchors and X509Certificates files and now everything works. Safari works with https: -- iTunes works -- I was able to register my FCS2 and CS3 software. Because I used Kaly's patch and that didn't work, and then I replaced those two files which did work, I'm not sure if it was a combination of the 2 or what. So I'll still do a fresh install tomorrow or Thursday to check it out.

@Bluejacky -- I don't think you can go wrong with either, at least on my system. JaS with PascalW is dependable too. In my search for a one disk does all solution, XxX probably would get the nod. But there's something about Kalyway that just seems to be a little more responsive. Could just be my eyes getting tired though.

Hi, kalyI'm not mean to compare these 2 version. You did a great job.Because I'm new to MAC, and I can only follow the installer. So I want a stable and easy installer.Thank you for your works.

I just replaced the X509Anchors and X509Certificates files and now everything works. Safari works with https: -- iTunes works -- I was able to register my FCS2 and CS3 software. Because I used Kaly's patch and that didn't work, and then I replaced those two files which did work, I'm not sure if it was a combination of the 2 or what. So I'll still do a fresh install tomorrow or Thursday to check it out.@Bluejacky -- I don't think you can go wrong with either, at least on my system. JaS with PascalW is dependable too. In my search for a one disk does all solution, XxX probably would get the nod. But there's something about Kalyway that just seems to be a little more responsive. Could just be my eyes getting tired though.
Hi BJMThank you for your answer!The major purpose for me to setup a MAC is use FCS2.

Hi there,

can I upgrade from my existing 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 using this DVD? or this is just for clean installation?

I put on my DVD and restarted and the installation started. When I went to my Disk Utility, I can't find my IDE HD on my computer but it just show me the SATA drive. Any suggestion?

advise please :D

thanks

Riaz.