Kalyway OSX86 10.4.10 Installer

BJMoose

242 posts in this topic

I just replaced the X509Anchors and X509Certificates files and now everything works. Safari works with https: -- iTunes works -- I was able to register my FCS2 and CS3 software. Because I used Kaly's patch and that didn't work, and then I replaced those two files which did work, I'm not sure if it was a combination of the 2 or what. So I'll still do a fresh install tomorrow or Thursday to check it out.@Bluejacky -- I don't think you can go wrong with either, at least on my system. JaS with PascalW is dependable too. In my search for a one disk does all solution, XxX probably would get the nod. But there's something about Kalyway that just seems to be a little more responsive. Could just be my eyes getting tired though.
hi ! new package fixes for safari keychain and rosetta ! and this one work for sure !! i have discover an error in the last! kalyway_10.4.10_safari_rosetta_fixes_V2.pkg.zip <_<
Hi there,can I upgrade from my existing 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 using this DVD? or this is just for clean installation?I put on my DVD and restarted and the installation started. When I went to my Disk Utility, I can't find my IDE HD on my computer but it just show me the SATA drive. Any suggestion?advise please :)thanksRiaz.
hi riaz i made this DVD installer for clean install! but some people have report sucess upgrate from uphuck 1.4 r3 ! so try at your own risk !!

hi ! new package fixes for safari keychain and rosetta ! and this one work for sure !! i have discover an error in the last!

Thanks Kaly great job! I did a quick re-install this morning. Tested iTunes...OK. Tested Safari with https:...OK. Installed Eudora to test Rosetta...OK.

Hi guys,

Just downloaded and burnt this aklyway disc, burnt the image and tried to boot from it but recieved the launchd error 88.

I have read a couple of answers to this problem

1. was that there was an iso that was released that didnt work

2. was that this could be fixed by burning at a slow rate, i tried again at 8x rather than 16x and it still did the same problem.

So can anyone put any truth behind those statements? should i download a different image of it from somewhere? or do i need to tweak something else perhaps?

Cheers,

Brad

hi..

i installed kalyway...

everything went fine till the end(almost end...)

until that OSInstall Installer Script :P

everytime this error comes up at this point of the installation itself... :o

i tried installation after a zero out erase of the hard disk as well..

still no luck...

and the hdd is not any external like vmware doubts..

its an internal one..

its set as the master...

what is causing this error?

and how to solve it :(

someone help me please..

i am atatching a screenshot of the error...

my specs are in my signature :)

post-136444-1190868812_thumb.jpg

edit :-

i had a pentium 4 HT processor with me..

and also an asus p4p800-vm motherboard...

i replaced it with my current config..

so, my system as of now is "system 2 from my signature"

but, it gave me the an error "there was an error installing... please try again later"

i thought it might be coz i burned the DVD in 16X speed :(

so, i burned a new one in 4X speed..

still no luck..

disabled Hyper threading.. no luck...

by the way...

my drive are configured like Primary IDE Master - DVD-RW Drive.... Secondary IDE Master 200GB PATA(for OSX)... Third IDE Master - 160GB SATA(win XP)

what is the problem :(

I'd like to try this version, can someone PLEASE help me with a URL for Kalyway's version of 10.4.10?

PLEASE, please, please

PLEASE, please, please

PLEASE, please, please

PLEASE, please, please

PLEASE, please, please

search on demon site

As far as I know, the GD is the only place it was posted. You can find other installers on the bay of pirates and mininov_, but if you want Kalyway, you'll have to wait until/if the GD ever comes back online...unless someone wants to take the time to repost it somewhere else. Sending a GD torrent to someone unknown can be a dangerous proposition, since I believe the torrent ID would then reflect back on the original user. Probably wouldn't matter too much unless you're concerned about your share ratio...but if there's any abuse of the system, it's the original member who's out.

I am getting tired of asking this but will again in the hope I get a response this time...

Why is it that afrer installation I keep getting the welcome screen after I select the keyboard to use, the screen just keeps going back to this each time I get to the keyboad option

ANYONE KNOW WHY ??!!

hey! :)

i burned the DVD again in the lowest speed..

still it was givin me the error while installing..

so, i checked the install log..

as i installed native, not through VMware, so cant give ya the screenshot :P

it sed somethin like "bomerror... " package not found or somethin..

so, i guess some file in the iso i downloaded might have gotten curropt as twice nero cant be wrong to give me the same error while installation..

and i am on a 256kbps connection :P

so, not gonna redownload again :(

i have another dvd with me which is "uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i"..

i tried with tht..

woooooooooo.. installation went fine... :)

acronis boot loader shows me the new osx..

booted in -v mode...

everything fine..

lot of blah blah were shown like matrix thingy in black and white ;)

titan initialised..

recognised mky nvidia 6200..

agpgart went fine..

everytng came out without errors..

but..

but..

but...

one error..

22.22.01 waiting for IFC...

22.22.03 waiting for IFC...

22.22.06 waiting for IFC...

this thing keeps on going unlimited :(

whts this IFC error? :(

I have switched machines, and I have installed Kalyway 10.4.10 to a Dell Optiplex GX260 (3.06GHz P4, non-HT).

I upgraded the RAM to 1.5GB, and put a new GeForce 7600GT AGP inside. Using Natit_Dual_0.2.

Toast Titanium now works, it needs CI, but this should be able to be changed in titanium.plist prefs and work again on non CI machines? You can also edit com.apple.Preview.plist to turn off most of the fancy animated features in OSX. I have read that the Preview.plist hack works to get Toast Titanium working.

Some programs that worked on 10.4.6/8 do not work. Overflow, Latest Bejeweled 2 (missing HWID), Neverball (r795).

The worst problem I have encountered (along with many other 10.4.10 users - including legit Mac users) is that SLEEP/HIBERNATE do not work!.

Official Macintosh G4/G5 users swear that replacing the IOUSBFamily kexts (along with IOKIT) from original 10.4.4 fixes the issue (I have tried many things besides this but cannot fix the issue). There is an official Apple .dmg fix for PPC users, but that does not help Intel users :)

Has anyone solved their FORCED RESTART ONLY problems with sleep under 10.4.10 - pls post howtos here.

thanx!

Hi there,

my SATA HD is not detected on Disk Utility... Just bought a 250G and created a Fat32 primary partition using Gpart LiveCD and booted using the DVD and when I go to Disk Utility, the HD is not listed.

need some help.

thanks in advance.

P.S., this is for my Hcintsh 1 machine on my signature.

@Riaz, have you tried setting your bios to AHCI mode? I know you've done this before, but are you sure you set this drive/partition to active?

@jjduro, unless someone has the time and energy to re-upload Kalyway to Usenet or another torrent sight, we'll just have to wait until when/if the GD comes back online. That's the only place it was upped.

I just discovered that Quartz 2D Extreme (Q2DX) is not enabled by default. This makes a massive difference on my (quite slow) machine, especially in eye candy speed and responsiveness.

If anyone needs to know how to enable it, simply log in as root (you have to reset the root password first), and then use a PLIST editor to switch Use Quartz 2D Extreme to Yes

It's that easy - my machine has never been faster! [3.06-nonHT P4, GF7600-GT(AGP)]

PS. Kalyway - you might want to look into enabling this by default, as most users have the CPU amd graphics cards to use this. You might even make it an option in the ATI/NV installer sections of the OSInstaller!

@Riaz, have you tried setting your bios to AHCI mode? I know you've done this before, but are you sure you set this drive/partition to active?

@jjduro, unless someone has the time and energy to re-upload Kalyway to Usenet or another torrent sight, we'll just have to wait until when/if the GD comes back online. That's the only place it was upped.

Ok. Thanks.

Those are not very good news.

and what about ATI x200 chipset support? any news? I've read somewhere that Kalaway's release would work with that chipset, but wanted to make sure

I just discovered that Quartz 2D Extreme (Q2DX) is not enabled by default....PS. Kalyway - you might want to look into enabling this by default, as most users have the CPU amd graphics cards to use this. You might even make it an option in the ATI/NV installer sections of the OSInstaller!
This isn't set by default on genuine macs either...at least it wasn't on my Mac Pro. According to the Ars Technica review I quote below, it may be best not set by default. However, you're right, it might be good to have it as an option on installation. Here's the quote from the article:

The devils in the details Nothing's ever quite as rosy as a high-level block diagram makes it seem, and Tiger's Quartz implementation is no exception. Let's start with Quartz 2D Extreme. While the drawing commands may be tiny, there will occasionally be larger chunks of data that have to be pushed up to the video card. Imagine displaying an image, for example. That image has to get into the backing store somehow. The backing store is in VRAM and the image is on disk.

Unfortunately, the video card can't pull data directly from the disk into VRAM. So every once in a while, the CPU will have to insert a larger chunk of data (like an image) into the stream of tiny drawing commands that it sends to the video card. An overload of "big chunks" in the command stream is actually a potentially disastrous condition. Although the path between RAM and the video card is not shown in the Tiger Quartz diagram, you can see it in the Jaguar/Panther diagram. That pipe is the smallest one in the diagram, less than half the speed of the next smallest pipe, the one between the CPU and RAM. Trying to stuff large pieces of data down this pipe will kill any performance advantages Quartz 2D Extreme might offer.

@ miniova is a torrent calling XxX_OS_x86_10.4.10_Install_Disk_Intel_SSE2/SSE3 available.. is this the right Kalyway 10.4.10 Installer? I'm wondering because the size is only 1.19Gb? Anybody has give checked out or is this only a fake?Grz Macstoff
I believe this is a compressed file that will open up to about 1.9xGB. I think that's where I downloaded my copy from.

I have two problems;

1) the installer will not recognize my hard drive on the dv6500t laptop, which is most probably because its in native sata mode, and hp doesn't give you an option in the bios to disable the native sata mode, so i need sata drivers with this installer....anyone know if there is a sata patch (.ppf) that i can patch the installer with? or, the xxx 10.4.10 installer disk did recognize my hard drive, so is there any way i can look up the specific file that supports sata in that installer and copy it over to kalyway's installer?..

2) i have been trying to add the updated extensions.mkext (which supports the santa rosa chipset) to the kalyway installer to no avail. I have used magic iso to open up the file, and then after i replace the old extensions.mkext with the new one, and try to save, I get an error (can't write cd image)...when i pick save as, and create a new iso...the new extensions.mkext is there, but when i try to boot from that dvd, it doesnt boot at all. my guess is that for some reason the boot part of it doesn't get saved when i am creating the new iso....any one know a solution to this, or any other way or program that you can use to add the new extensions.mkext under windows to the kalyway installer?

the kalyway installer is my last hope to install the osx86 os on my dv6500t (uphuck doesnt recognize the hard drive...jas recognizes the drive, but after it boots up, it hangs and asks to reboot the computer in an endless cylce, the xxx installer also recognizes the drive, but freezes when it gets up the part with app.windowslogin and it says something like " local host name not found, using default name bmacintosh" etc....) otherwise, its impossible to install the osx86 os on these newer hps. I am also guessing that I will encounter the same problem with leopard. thanks in advance!

I tried the 10.4.10 release, installed just fin, but my finder seems not to be completely multilingual, only english - setting all to german and restarting doesnt help. Is this normal with this release? Any fix?

any news?same here!!!

....besides that...wonderful piece of sofware...good job bro....