Kalyway OSX86 10.4.10 Installer

BJMoose

242 posts in this topic

I've never looked at this because I use the English version, but aren't the languages contained as packages on the install disk? If you have another install disk like JaS or one of the earlier uphuck disks, couldn't you just install the language package of your choice, repair permissions, and reboot? Since I have several images of all my setups, maybe I'll give that a try sometime and report back on it. Can't remember what folder, but in examining the various install disks, I thought this appeared to be the case.

Trying to stuff large pieces of data down this pipe will kill any performance advantages Quartz 2D Extreme might offer.

You may be correct. Although it makes my desktop and eye candy absolutely scream!, I did notice some interesting bottlenecks with performance - may be best to leave this one alone - it seems to reset regularly on my machine anyway. I might save it to impress people at demos :D

You lot are very unhelpful are'nt you with my install problem on my Acer 5633 !!! Not one reply

Anyway this is the torrent I used to get my copy of the kalyways DVD

At least I can be helpful

We should not be posting any active links to torrents on this forum.

BJMoose or anyone that could tell me if I can do a clean install of 10.4.10 on my specs:

Intel CORE2DUO E6420 2,14ghz @ 3,2ghz per core

ASUS P5B Premium Vista Edition with JMicron JMB363 SATA controller set on IDE

HDD 320gb SATA-2 with:

partition1 - ntfs 30gb WinXP SP2

partition2 - hfs+ 10gb boot flag (made it with cfdisk under Ubuntu Live CD)

partition3 - ntfs 40gb

partition4 - ntfs 240gb stuff

GeCUBE 8600GTS Nvidia 256mb

Sycron 2x512mb RAM 533mhz

NEC DVD-RW 3250A (IDE)

Thank you.

Iulian

BJMoose or anyone that could tell me if I can do a clean install of 10.4.10 on my specs:

HDD 320gb SATA-2 with:

partition3 - ntfs 40gb

NEC DVD-RW 3250A (IDE)

Thank you.

Iulian

I don't have any JMicron Controllers on my system, so I only know that from what I've read, they can be difficult to manuever. However, with the latest installers like Kalyway and XxX, there are patches and workarounds that have gotten many people up and running.

Looking at your specs, it appears you're already aware of the JMicron situation. I'm wondering about your partition decision. While 10GB is certainly enough to install the OS, and that's fine if you are just experimenting with the OS to see how it runs, it really isn't enough space to install any serious Suites like CS3 or FCS2. And you haven't left any room for data in your system unless you're planning to depend solely on the read/write capabilities of MacFuse. You won't get full support for your 8600GTS either. Folks are working on it but it's not there yet. Other than those caveats, I'd give it a shot.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I'm aware of Jmicron issue and I made that partition just for testing, because I'm planing to buy a larger hdd only for MAC.

Another question would be - if Apple release Leopard, (next year, I heard) official release would boot on our Intel PCs, or just on Apple desktops and notebooks, because 125$ + taxes it's not a big price for this OS.

Anyway...I will give a try with XxX and Kalyway, maybe after a few weeks until my download it's finished :D

Until then I will stick on my tiger-x86 Vmware image.

Thank you

i have an sse2 system and im using xxx release of 10.4.10... i manged to make everything to work but it is using the 8.9.1 kernel.. from what I read in this post, kalyway's dvd includes 8.10.3 kernel.. will it work on my system if i get that kernel from the DVD and replace the 8.9.1 kernel? thanks!

GD site is still down and im hoping that someone might be good enough to send just the 8.10.3 sse2 kernel from this dvd.. thanks again..

i have an sse2 system and im using xxx release of 10.4.10... i manged to make everything to work but it is using the 8.9.1 kernel.. from what I read in this post, kalyway's dvd includes 8.10.3 kernel.. will it work on my system if i get that kernel from the DVD and replace the 8.9.1 kernel? thanks!

GD site is still down and im hoping that someone might be good enough to send just the 8.10.3 sse2 kernel from this dvd.. thanks again..

The kernel you mentioned is for SSE3 capable systems only. You'll have a kernel panic and your computer will hang up on boot if you install that kernel. Stick to the one you have.

GD is still down, but search mininova instead.

You may have a challenge. I've successfully installed OSX on a HDD off a JMICRON363 and I had to do it in IDE mode. To boot after the install I had to switch to AHCI mode. YMMV but I would give it a shot. You might want to do an image backup of your windows partition as a safety measure.

SMF

HDD 320gb SATA-2 with:

partition3 - ntfs 40gb

NEC DVD-RW 3250A (IDE)

Thank you.

Iulian

I have had success with the Jas 10.4.8 (don't remember the full name but it's the one with PPF1 & PPF2 in the name), Uphuck 1.3 and the recent XxX 10.4.10 installs. I couldn't get Kalaway to work on my system (the install disk wouldn't boot). I think I would start with Jas 10.4.8. I've been doing a lot of trial and error. I would start with the Jmicron in IDE mode and do a verbose boot (use the -v switch) and see if you can even boot into the installer.

If you can get that far then try different options (I would start with the minimum perhaps just a Jmicron patch) and do a verbose boot after the install. If it doesn't work check where it hangs and see if someone else has your same problem. It will take 20-30 minutes to go through that cycle if you can get through the install.

If your system is like mine you'll get it to install with the JMICRON in IDE mode but have to switch to AHCI to boot OS X. It that is the case then you'll have to switch back to boot into windows or reload it with an AHCI driver for the Jmicron. You can reload it with a recovery install to get it working with AHCI.

SMF

@Riaz, have you tried setting your bios to AHCI mode? I know you've done this before, but are you sure you set this drive/partition to active?

Hi,

I was still trying to figuring out the way to set my bios to AHCI mode but I don't find an option to enable or disable inside my bios... seems it is enabled by default.

I did install it but still getting the kernel panic... "Debugger called Panic"

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1894/osxssat0.jpg

check the above link.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is for my Hcntsh 1 on my signature... Been trying to install for the past 2 weeks and unsuccessful on every occasion.thanks :)

Hi,

I was still trying to figuring out the way to set my bios to AHCI mode but I don't find an option to enable or disable inside my bios... seems it is enabled by default.

Under Standard CMOS Features, for each one of your drives (IDE1,2,3,4), it appears as if there's an item called "Access Mode" and by default it looks like it's set to auto. If you click on that item for each drive, does it give you any other choices (like AHCI or SATA)? If it does, you might want to experiment with that.

Hi, I'm a french user, and I'm new on this forum.

I've some question about this release :

do you think that my computer is compatible with it :

Core 2 duo T5450

2gb DDR 2

Chipset : M965

8600M GT

160GB HDD

Thanks

i'd bet it will work like a charm in your computer but just not really sure w/ ur video card. :D

I have the same problem.. what could I do?? thanks

Under Standard CMOS Features, for each one of your drives (IDE1,2,3,4), it appears as if there's an item called "Access Mode" and by default it looks like it's set to auto. If you click on that item for each drive, does it give you any other choices (like AHCI or SATA)? If it does, you might want to experiment with that.

After the 10.4.10 v.1.1 Kaly install, booting normally hangs w/the error below. I can boot into safe mode ok.

Resetting IOCatalogue.
Oct 6 22:28:50 kextd[25]: 0 cached, 395 uncached personalities to catalog
display: family specific matching fails
Matching service count = 0
Matching service count = 1
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A4a55): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault), registers:
...a whole lotta code...

Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
...a whole lotta code...
Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0x0
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
	com.apple.GeForce(5.0.4)@0x3c44c000
		dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily (2.2)@0x35935000
		dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(1.4.7)@0x3c16c000
		dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(1.4.7)@0x3c187000
		dependency: com.apple.NVDAResman(5.0.4)@0x3c113000

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Soci2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

What steps do I take to resolve this?

Edit - Disregard!! I'm an idiot and plugged the HD into the wrong SATA ports. Doh! I'll keep the post intact however, to welcome myself to this community with such a silly mistake :rolleyes:

Hey everyone. This is my first post here, though I've been reading quite a bit here and actually based my system off of BJMoose's setup minus his video card.

Intel BLKD975XBX2KR LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

PNY VCG7900SXPB GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Pioneer 18X DVD±R DVD Burner Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model DVR-112D - OEM

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4 - Retail

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail

I'm using the installer mentioned in this thread, Kalyway 10.4.10. It loads setup just fine, however it does not recognize my SATA hard drive. I've read through this thread and am a bit confused. It seems a few people had issues with HD's not being recognized however, I didn't see a solution anywhere. Should I use a different install, or is there a way for this installer to recognize the SATA drive with the Bad Axe2 MB that I'm not realizing...

I should also mention that the BIOS does recognize the drive. So it's certainly not a problem with the drive itself.

Any help is very much appreciated.