Kalyway OSX86 10.4.10 Installer

BJMoose

242 posts in this topic

I met the same problems with my X1950XT. i modified the ATIRAdeonX1000 kext and now i've got QE/CI working

Dune, did you use JCcool method for your x1950xt? What modification did you have to make to the ATIRadeonX1000.kext? Just add in your device id? I'm looking to get that card or a 7950. Leaning toward the 1950xt though. Does the 512mb show up in system profiler? Thanks for any info.

Dune, did you use JCcool method for your x1950xt? What modification did you have to make to the ATIRadeonX1000.kext? Just add in your device id? I'm looking to get that card or a 7950. Leaning toward the 1950xt though. Does the 512mb show up in system profiler? Thanks for any info.

Yes , I made new kext based on the Jccool method .By the way you can find the drivers i've made on the Jccool topic. Jccool made an installer with my modified files. Those files are for 10.4.10 Imac based distro like the Kalyway or the XXX but not for those who have installed 10.4.10 from a combo update(The 10.4.8 Jccool drivers still work for them). And yes the 512 mb show up in system profiler :) and the card works like charm QE/CI/Rotation works perfect.

it's my turn to ask you something lol : I saw you have a core 2 quad . Till today i have got a core 2 quad Q6600. it works perfect, cores are all detected, L2 cache too but it is showed as a 2.40 ghz unknown in the "About this Mac" window. Any idea ?

it's my turn to ask you something lol : I saw you have a core 2 quad . Till today i have got a core 2 quad Q6600. it works perfect, cores are all detected, L2 cache too but it is showed as a 2.40 ghz unknown in the "About this Mac" window. Any idea ?

Yes this is a cosmetic thing with most of the newer installers. It involves the loginwindow and sometimes by switching to an older version you can get it read properly. I've not gotten that to work. So since it's only cosmetic, I just edited my 'aboutthismac.strings' to read what it's supposed to read. Works like a charm. Here's how to do it:

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app

Right click and click "Show Package Contents" on loginwindow.app

Once inside loginwindow.app, go to /Contents/Resources/English.lproj

You should see a file called "AboutThisMac.strings" inside English.lproj, open it up with TextEdit

Depending on weather you have a single or dual processor, scroll down to one of the following lines of code:

Single Processor scroll down to the following code

CODE/* final UI with a description of the processor (e.g. "600 MHz PowerPC G3") */

//"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "Processor: %@";

"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "%@";

"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_L3CACHE_FORMAT" = "%@ L3 cache";

Dual Processor scroll down to the following code

CODE/* final UI with a description of the processors (e.g. "Dual 800 MHz PowerPC G4")

//"ABOUT_BOX_MULTIPLE_PROCESSORS_FIELD_FORMAT" = "Processors: %@";

"ABOUT_BOX_MULTIPLE_PROCESSORS_FIELD_FORMAT" = "%@";

"ABOUT_BOX_MULTIPLE_PROCESSORS_L3CACHE_FORMAT" = "%@ L3 cache per processor";

Edit the red area inside the quotes so that it matches your processor. For example "2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad"

Has anyone tried to downgrade to 8.10.1 kernel instead of 8.10.3? im having restart problems and sleep only works for me on an 8.10.1. I tried downgrading but it messed up my system. I replaced the kernel, system.kext and dsmos.kext but no go.

any ideas?

Hey all,

I am noob to Osx86, I found this release so I grabbed it. I installed it on a:

NC6000 (notebook)

PM 1.7

1.5GB ram

Radeon Mobility 64MB.

Tried to enable ati drivers, but when it load the window application (or something like that, the line is pretty long, I am still in the POST I don't reach any OSX blue screen) it completely blows off my screen (just like out of sync but on a LCD :( completely fuzzy and B&W gradient moving) in short, it hangs. I tried to install in fool proof mode (without any graphics driver) it works (boot completely till OSX) but I have mouse artifacts, and it's kinda sluggish.

Other thing, I don't know how to activate for the AC97 (SDI soundmax), now, I don't have sound, in the system settings, there is nothing in Output device.

Any ideas how to help me?

I am trying to get an older release to try...

:(

total newb here concerning osx86. bought the cheapest vanilla PC I could find here (E2180 @ 2 GHz on a GigaByte S board, overclocked to 2.4 GHz now) and kalyway's running beautifully on it. the frontrow isn't working (gives me a kernel panic), but I don't need that, anyway. sadly it can't be disabled at installation time.

if updates to 10.4.11 will ever appear, how will this work? i'll just wait for someone (kaly?) to release a fixed combo updater and install that and everything'll be fine? or what will happen...? (i won't go leopard right at the beginning as i plan to keep my hackintosh "stable", i'll move to leopard on my MacBook, though...)

First OSX86 DVD which recognizes my SATA hard drives. =)

The installation completes (successfully), but somewhere in the booting process it just gives me a SIGSEGV error.

I think the problem is with my AMD CPU, but I did apply this patch:

"Kalyway OSx86 10.4.10 V1.1 AMD + SSE2 Patch + Fixes PPF", so it should've worked?

Could someone tell me why the releases I find on torrents are 1.9GB and the one on usenet which is stated to be Kalyway 10.4.10 is roughly 2.4-2.5GB with another 400MB (so total 2.9GB) extra repair parts? Is it safe getting it from usenet? Someone tried? Don't like torrents.

i don't like this release. it comes with way too many applications i don't want, and i don't even have an option to choose if i want to install them or not.

also, i had 10.4.9 installed fine w/o much modification to any of my bios settings. Now I have to have my SATA controller set to AHCI to get OS X booted.

lame.

I'm an OSX86 newb. This installation took me about 4 tries on a Thinkpad Z61t. I finally got it to work with EVERYTHING checked except Intel GMA900 (I used Intel GMA950).

So far it works great - starts up and shuts down pretty quick relative to Ubuntu.

No luck with wireless yet, and I haven't tried installing any applications like Office or Adobe applications. I've read that I need to buy a different wireless card from Lenovo to get this to work at http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=28200. That article refers to the 10.4.6 version - does anyone know if there are updated instructions for 10.4.10?

Anyway - great work! Can't wait to unlock the full power of this thing!

hi i installed this and everything is working fine on my laptop just like uphuk was except 1 thing. uphuck got my keyboard and trackpad working. This did not do so automattically like it did. So how do i get them working on my laptop?

I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone have a solution? I tried the /etc/rc trick but that didn't work.

Could someone tell me why the releases I find on torrents are 1.9GB and the one on usenet which is stated to be Kalyway 10.4.10 is roughly 2.4-2.5GB with another 400MB (so total 2.9GB) extra repair parts? Is it safe getting it from usenet? Someone tried? Don't like torrents.

Please, could anyone who download Kalyway's release answer my question? Thank you.

Please, could anyone who download Kalyway's release answer my question? Thank you.
Sounds strange to me. Maybe it is a already patched one (Fixes included). But that don't justify the 400 meg differences. Maybe they add missing languages...
after i patched it. (successful) i COULDNT burn the iso file into DVD :P i was using PowerISO . and got Burn Failed Error -109i ve wasted 4 dvds :( any body explain , plz ...
Burn mine with Alcohol , it works perfectly

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum and to the OSX86 subject all together. I have read through this topic today but couldn't find my answers...

I downloaded Kalyway DVD 10.4.10 IntelSSE3, patched it with Kalyway 10.4.10_V1.1_AMD&SSE2_Patch+fixes and burned the resulting ISO. It all installed OK, nVidia card detected and works with Quartz Express and Rotation, sound is working as well, however I have two NICs in my PC, a 3Com - 3C905C-TX and a Realtek 8139/810x Family PCI but none of them were detected. I presume this is why FCP 5.1 wouldn't start ? Can anybody help me with some instructions on how to install either of these NICs?

EDITED: NIC works fine after downloaded and replaced the IONetworkingFamily.kext with the one taken from 10.4.7

I also found in this topic the kalyway_10.4.10_safari_rosetta_fixes_V2.pkg.zip patch(?). Downloaded it and tried to install is however it did not work. Could you guys walk me through the steps of installing this patch? I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing.

EDITED: I still need help with this safari_rosetta patch. Please help.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Gep.

How would I go about adding German language to kalyways 10.4.10? I have a MacBook's 10.4.6 original installation disk. should i just install the language pack from there?
Hum... i think taking languages from a 10.4.10 original disk would be better than taking from a 10.4.6....
I also found in this topic the kalyway_10.4.10_safari_rosetta_fixes_V2.pkg.zip patch(?). Downloaded it and tried to install is however it did not work. Could you guys walk me through the steps of installing this patch? I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing.
Just unzip and click on the package , it should start the install. This fixes are very important cos they correct problems with the Rosetta files (ex: if you don't apply this files you cannot install Office)

Sounds strange to me. Maybe it is a already patched one (Fixes included). But that don't justify the 400 meg differences. Maybe they add missing languages...Burn mine with Alcohol , it works perfectly

Ok, thanks for answering :). Guess I'll wait a bit, don't like torrents. If anyone might have gotten it from newsgroups, please tell me if it works.

Hum... i think taking languages from a 10.4.10 original disk would be better than taking from a 10.4.6...

Yeah, but that's not what I got. Btw.: Installing "German" from that disk worked fine, but it only installs the language for things like the Finder, not bundled software like Safari, Mail.app, iCal etc. :/ And those apps can't simply be installed again from that disk (apart from the fact that their version numbers would be off as well). Looks like I'll have to stick with English for the time being. :/ Or can I simply take the apps from an intel Mac running 10.4.10? Simply overwriting them?

Yeah, but that's not what I got. Btw.: Installing "German" from that disk worked fine, but it only installs the language for things like the Finder, not bundled software like Safari, Mail.app, iCal etc. :/ And those apps can't simply be installed again from that disk (apart from the fact that their version numbers would be off as well). Looks like I'll have to stick with English for the time being. :/ Or can I simply take the apps from an intel Mac running 10.4.10? Simply overwriting them?

not the app themselves, but their languages files. But if you know someone with an Imac , ask him to lend you his disks just for install the languages files.

I have an AMD TL-50 with SSE3, although no version ever has recognized the SSE3, still it has worked well with SSE2. I installed the AMD patch and got no joy.

For funnies I installed with the original disk without the AMD options since in the past the Intel options worked for me and the AMD didn't.

I selected the default installation options and AMD and SSE2 patch options. After extensions configurations, I get hundreds of segment faults.

Hello

I'm new here and new whit osx86, i have the kalyway 10.4.10 with the patch for amd and sse2.

But i cant get it working i have a laptop whit this specs Acer Aspire 5051 AWXMI AMD Turion 64 Mobile (2,0 GHz) 14.1" WXGA LCD

ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 60GB HDD, 1,5 GB RAM.

In another topic here i found the same specs working whit Jas 10.4.8, i had one time the apple boot/welcome screen but he came in a reboot cyclus.

Can some one tell me witch install i need sse2 or sse3 and witch format hd, hd format is now standing on apple journal?.

Thanks all ready for the help.

p.s

I hope my englis is good enough ( i'm dutch )