Kalyway OSX86 10.4.10 Installer

BJMoose

242 posts in this topic

Have a look to the post #87 from Kaly.He explains the procedure.

Beyond lost at that, what program am I supposed to use? Where do I enter the commands. :wacko:

Edit:

If anyone can help, please PM me and give me your email(if WLM/MSN) so you can guide me through. Would be greatly appreciated.

Well I just installed Kalyway 10.4.10 v1.1 on my Dell e520, and it worked. This is impressive; I've been stuck on VMWare for a year since I upgraded my computer, so its nice to be in the game again.

The ICH8R problem is solved with this release. You can boot the DVD without changing the BIOS to AHCI, so WinXP and Vista still work. I installed to an external HD, but from that installation, I could install to partition on my internal disks. MacFuse could also r/w to these disks.

I would suggest adding NVInject and the HDA Audio fixes to the next version.

However, this reminded me of the 10.4.3 release because of all the unsatisfied dependencies in the kexts. I counted 21 separate unsatisfied dependencies. As a short term fix, these can probably be fixed by creating soft links, like we did to make tulip.kext work in 10.4.3.

See this post if you don't know what that means:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=38453

Probably the dependencies are there because we don't have a 10.4.10 kernel yet -- the darwin source code is not yet made public. With tulip the need to make soft links went away once we got the new kernels.

I will report how the soft links work when I get a chance to try it. And if it really works well, I'll post a guide in the genius section so others can get their install functioning until we get a better kernel.

kernel is 8.10.3, newer than on on my real MacBook with 10.4.10...? I thought kalyway actually had a 10.4.10 kernel.

That was my understanding reading the boards too.

But if you check, the 10.4.10 source code is not yet public.

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/

So I can't figure that its really a 10.4.10 kernel, unless someone has some private source for code.

Maybe someone just changed the version number without having the 10.4.10 code?? Who knows...

I do know there are lots of unsatisfied dependencies. And it looks just like the ones we got early on when there was a kernel mismatch.

That was my understanding reading the boards too. (...)

I do know there are lots of unsatisfied dependencies. And it looks just like the ones we got early on when there was a kernel mismatch.

how do you check on those dependencies? where do you see those unsatisfied?

how do you check on those dependencies? where do you see those unsatisfied?

In Finder, click about this mac, then the More info button.

You get a list of stuff you can get more info about.

Towards the bottom, see an item, I believe its extensions but it might be kexts. Click on it.

You get a list of all loaded kexts. Towards the bottom of each, it will tell you if the dependencies are satisfied and if not, which ones are unsatisfied.

I will report how the soft links work when I get a chance to try it. And if it really works well, I'll post a guide in the genius section so others can get their install functioning until we get a better kernel.

Preliminary Report:

I have made soft links to fix 18 of 22 failed dependencies. 4 I have not found yet.

Most of the kexts now load. I had forgotten that kexts fixed this way load twice, but I remembered tulip.kext did that in 10.4.3.

Functionally, I now have audio. (Sigmatel 9227 using stac9227_83847618 patch). Shocking actually -- it took more than 1 noise out of the speakers before I realized it was coming from my hack. Figured this would be a difficult fix.

Network and QE/CI are not yet up.

Final Report:

It works!

Guide for fulfilling dependencies posted here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=475532

Beyond lost at that, what program am I supposed to use? Where do I enter the commands. :wacko:

Edit:

If anyone can help, please PM me and give me your email(if WLM/MSN) so you can guide me through. Would be greatly appreciated.

;)

EDIT:

Could I install this on VMWare even if I can't boot into it normally? If so how do I do it.

:)

EDIT:

Could I install this on VMWare even if I can't boot into it normally? If so how do I do it.

I haven't had much luck with anything past 10.4.8 on VMware.

This is my VMWare guide:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=253464

The last 10.4.8 JAS also works; it came out after I wrote it.

PCWiz also wrote a VMWare install Guide

http://######.com/software/vmwareosx86.htm

However, he doesn't address the Intel Virtualization issue and the -legacy boot option for OSX.

I also disagree with him as my experience is telling VMWare that you are running WinNT is more compatable with more OSX releases than saying your OS is "other" or "darwin"

what is the difference between:

XxX_OS_x86_10.4.10_Install_Disc Patch PPF1 1.85 gigs

and

XxX_OS_x86_10.4.10_Install_Disk_Intel_SSE2/SSE3 1.19 gigs

The Text file says This PPF has to be applied to the original XxX_OS_x86_10.4.10_Install_Disk.iso

Since this is my first install, im not too sure if i install XxX_OS_x86_10.4.10_Install_Disk_Intel_SSE2/SSE3

and then install the PPF1 or just do a clean install of PPF1. Also would i beable to install these throu DVD and not vmare?

The whole thing about mounting the images as drives for to install kinda has me a lil confused.

hi ! new package fixes for safari keychain and rosetta ! and this one work for sure !! i have discover an error in the last! kalyway_10.4.10_safari_rosetta_fixes_V2.pkg.zip :angel: hi riaz i made this DVD installer for clean install! but some people have report sucess upgrate from uphuck 1.4 r3 ! so try at your own risk !!

So where'd this file from post 101 disappear to? I get an error when I try to download it... and I think I am having this problem with a Kalaway based install.

oz

Ok fixed, I installed OSx86 on VMWare, is there any way for me to install it on my hard drive now?

The easiest way is to find a version you can physically install as opposed to installing through VMware.

However, this is an easy way to clone your working VM to a physical partition I used when I was 1st trying to get a physical boot.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=253493

Start with step 14 as you already have a working VM.

Alright, after several hours playing around, I finally got the Jmicron/ICH8 .mkext added to the DVD via a VMware install.

I burned the disc and rebooted, and when I booted from the disc, I got a kernel panic claiming that it could not find the driver for the ACPI platform.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be?

Hardware:

Asus P5K-VM, Core 2 Duo E6300, 160GB SATA HDD, PX-755SA burner (SATA), another generic PATA burner.

Edit:

Also, I forgot to add, the kernel version it calls out is 8.8.1. Isn't it supposed to be 8.10.x?

ok, just got it full working:)

my specs:

pentium D 820 2.8Ghz@3.15

512 kingston 677Mhz@750Mhz

120 maxtor SATA drive

asus p5l-mx

to attansic owners. don't be happy i didn't manage to fix that damn driver for this NIC. instead i went to sedond hand pc store and bought realtek 8139D for about $3. any questions about installation just PM me

hi. i've already successfully installed osx86 10.4.10 by kalyway about 5 times already w/ my nvidia geforce 6500 videocard.i wanted to replace my geforce 6500 videocard w/ the ati radeon hd2400pro sonic. so i replaced it and the hackintosh still works but using only a 1024x768 display resolution and i can't get to change the display to 1440x900, w/c my lcd monitor is capable of. so what i did is to reinstall kalyway 10.4.10 but have failed so many times. by the time i was able to successfully install it, my display is still 1024x768. will someone help me out installing kalyway osx86 10.4.10 using ati radeon hd2400pro sonic?

another thing, in my success in installing the distro (using my nvidia geforce 6500), connecting to .mac and other mailing sites (i.e. gmail, yahoo mail, etc.) using safari is always a failure. the mail app won't also work coz it can't connect to apple.

and hopefully this is the last thing :P , there are times that after having a successful install, the keys in my keyboard are jumbled.ps. advise! tnx in advance & for your patience & enthusiasm.

Has anyone got airport to work with Kalyway 10.4.10 ? If so, did you have to do something special?I have a Dell Truemobile 1450 which was recognized as Apple Airport in other OSX versions but Kalyway doesn't see it

in my generic system, i installed d-link wireless lan card and is successfully recognized as the airport in my install of kalyway 10.4.10. during installation, i selected the 2 drivers regarding wireless network cards (IO80211Family.kext 10.4.5 & Network patch).

if you have not installed it, try re-inserting your kalyway installation disc and install those two drivers by running the installer inside your existing kalyway osx86 10.4.10 and skipping running of disk utility and erasing part.

it might also work w/ your hackintosh. :D

Has anyone got airport to work with Kalyway 10.4.10 ? If so, did you have to do something special?

I have a Dell Truemobile 1450 which was recognized as Apple Airport in other OSX versions but Kalyway doesn't see it

Yes, got it working.

I had to replace IO80211Family.kext from Jas 10.4.8 and edit it.

First OSX86 DVD which recognizes my SATA hard drives. =)

The installation completes (successfully), but somewhere in the booting process it just gives me a SIGSEGV error.

I think the problem is with my AMD CPU, but I did apply this patch:

"Kalyway OSx86 10.4.10 V1.1 AMD + SSE2 Patch + Fixes PPF", so it should've worked?

I'm getting the same errors, tried downloading the torrent again and patching again, but still get those errors. I previously ran osX 10.4.9, 10.4.8 and 10.4.4, all without major problems, but now I need 10.4.10 because I didn't think very well before I bought my new graphics card (8600GT), and am without support in 10.4.8. Anybody managed to get by those SIGSEGV errors?