Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

Using Tubgirl 10.4.10 on a Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4. Once booted this has been rock solid for me. Forcedeth still doesn't work on my nForce PHY, disabled LAN in BIOS and added a Realtek based pci Ethernet card. No sleep (S3), and no restart. Have a 7900GT and the default Titan kext gives me occasional Login Window hangs. However replacing Titan with NVinject I so far have not experienced any boot problems. QE and CI enabled, haven't strained the GPU yet. I have a SATA Raptor that at times fails to mount (OK, my Windows system). Running OS 10 off my SATA Samsung Spinpoint. Safari 3, iLife 08 all seem to work fine. Have many instances of mDNSResponder: mDNSPlatformRawTime: last_mach_absolute_time 867C15F400000009 crapping my log file, maybe Airport related even-though I have no wireless card, but it doesn't seem to affect my ability to connect via LAN or induce instability.

Can ANYONE tell me how to get my USB working up to 2.0 spec without borking my install????

The USB is the final piece of the puzzle for me, after modding the Radeon1000.kext to put my vendor ID in for CI/QE.

Audio will be solved tomorrow when my Griffin Firewave arrives. (System Profiler reports full FW speed).

So, to recap, DFI Expert NF4 mobo, USB is only at 1.1 speed. HELP. PLEASE!!

Thank you

can't find the mbr option where you partition the disk so it gave me a b0 error, then i had to reformat everything, windows aswell.

hmm this is my first time dealing with sse3 as i just got the new cpu yesterday. i think i may try uphucks version tomorrow.

thank you

-neil

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, SSE3)
1GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF9 (non-RH) (GeForce 6100 + nForce 430 [mcp51])
GeForce 7600GS 256MB
PATA 60GB Seagate
SATA 160GB Seagate

Works all perfect expect SATA driver. It freezes system when I want to run fdisk on this hdd ( for example: # fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 ).

Any ideas to resolve this problem? What driver works fine? Any links? ;-)

working well.

my xbench score is 15 lower than with tubgirl 10.4.8.

the worst thing about this disk is that my msi 7600gs video card seems a bit laggy in games but works well with movies.

i dont have any firewire devices to test my port but im getting some sort of error message in the bootup text.

my realtek 8139 lan card never works with the ionetworking.kext supplied on tubgirls releases. i have to change it for version x.x.49 instead of the x.x.51 supplied. which means ill try a reinstall if this release makes it to final and hope some of these things have been changed.

Can you please help guys.

I downloaded and installed this with very little problem. I think i have nearly everything working now except my AC97 audio. I'm on an Opteron 939 with the EVGA NF4-1 motherboard which is the nForce4 with a Realtek Audio chip - pretty much sure that its the AC97 audio and it doesn't work at all. Can anyone help me get this installed?

ok it appears that Mac doesnt like my machine, this is the third one I have tried natively and on all of them I get a sam multimedia error. and then I get a debug panic. (suprisingly I can tell its debug, knowing I have minimal knowledge of mac. i'm about to try in VMware.

M2N-SLI Deluxe

AMD X2 2.2GHz

ASUS EN7300GS 256MB

PATA HDD

Realtek 8139D

I tried to update Jas 10.4.8, but failed, so I decided that I can try to wipe out everything and install from scratch. My video and audio worked out of the box. Additional things which I needed to be done:

Removed Realtek R1000 driver, because it was loaded instead of the 8139 one.

Added AppleNForceATA kext to enable UDMA mode on my PATA HDD.

Another problem was that Safari and Camino crashed almost immediately after I launch them. The problem was in gettimeofday() function (this was on the top of the crashed thread). If any one is interested, I could try to get the thread dump and post it here (if Camino is still crashing). To fix the problem, I installed Safari 3 Beta and it is working perfectly until now.

I think everything else was working fine, although I haven't had time to explore more. I have to restore my software and settings back because of my stupidity:(

UPDATE: 10.4.10 successfully installed here, after a few attempts, I burned to DVD-R and switched my DVD drive to Primary master, and that solved all my problems. running like a dream right now. the only problem that I have is I cant configure my video card (Nvidia GeForce FX5500-Dual monitor)

I installed "TubGirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 Test1" yesterday.

I selected:

- X11

- Nvidia NV40...

Result:

Graphics - works

USB - haven't tested yet but it should be working

SATA - Detected all my SATA drives

Sound - Didn't worked :P

^kaneda

nforce ac97 850 working out of the box..

I have Realtek ALC850. It didn't worked when I installed Jas 10.4.8 and now its not working with TubGirl 10.4.10 too.

I have tried all possible options i can think of and i know from the forum.

I don't know if should flash my bios or not? My current bios version is 1007 and there is 1303 available.

Or can anyone suggest a PCI Sound card which can be detected by OSX without much problem.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

This tubgirl install dvd works on my nforce4 amd motherboard + 7900gt natively (though I had to modify the lan and install nvinject instead of using titan) and it also works when installed via vmware. In the vmware case I didn't have to toy around with any kext, only the vm configuartion file, however you are limited by vesa 2 resolutions (no 1680x1050 for me) and none of the video is accelerated. I also find the speed quite poor, especially disk access speeds. But I can suspend the vm, whereas the native install can't go to sleep.

but there was VM on the name "Osx 10.4.10 AMDVM_SSE3 TEST1" and i tot VM stands for virtual machine...

oh... now i understand your concern, sorry.

Right now i have no idea what it stands for.

You can be assured it's a standard 'tubgirl' install dvd.

/edit (08-29): I should also point out that I get kernel panics in vmware with this "4.10 test1"; the 'tg' 4.9 is still ok though, no panic in vmware (but usual slowness).

I had uphuck (amd) 10.4.9 but wanted to try this one. On a M2n32 pre VE (different partion) everything installed great. Had to run 2 pkg from uphuck ATI and VIA for dlink. There is no speed diff at all. Now on Tubgirl's I cant adjust the color, no matter what profile I pick it and try to adjust it stays the same. So for me its not any better at all.

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy! I finally was able to get the activation email sent to me. I don't know why it didn't like me. :hysterical:

Anywho, I was hoping one of you fine folks could help me out. Using Tubgirl's install disc on my Dell E521 (4400+, 2 gigs ram, SATA-I think-HDD and DVD+-RW, NVIDIA GEforce 7300 LE), I get much further than I did with any of the uphuck images. Once I get into the install GUI, where I can start to pick programs to install, it asks me to pick which drive/partition to install to. It lists them all on the side, but none of them are selectable. I ran the disk utility, and tried to click on the 9 gig partition 4 (the one I made for OSX86), and tried to fool around with the Repair and Analyze volume options. Each one fails, just saying that there was an error, but no deets on what exactly the error was. Now, when I click on it, at the bottom of the disk util screen it says that it's already formatted as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)," which I'm assuming is HSF+ Journaled, no? So I have no idea what the problem is.

Also, in the disk utility, there are several options that I still cannot select, like the one to change the drive format.

Additionally, I tried to delete the partition data, but that failed also. Again, it simply said there was an error, but did not specify what the error was.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate your help. Even if it runs like {censored}, I'd just love the geeker joy from getting to look at OS X on my compy. ;)

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy! I finally was able to get the activation email sent to me. I don't know why it didn't like me. :thumbsup_anim:

Anywho, I was hoping one of you fine folks could help me out. Using Tubgirl's install disc on my Dell E521 (4400+, 2 gigs ram, SATA-I think-HDD and DVD+-RW, NVIDIA GEforce 7300 LE), I get much further than I did with any of the uphuck images. Once I get into the install GUI, where I can start to pick programs to install, it asks me to pick which drive/partition to install to. It lists them all on the side, but none of them are selectable. I ran the disk utility, and tried to click on the 9 gig partition 4 (the one I made for OSX86), and tried to fool around with the Repair and Analyze volume options. Each one fails, just saying that there was an error, but no deets on what exactly the error was. Now, when I click on it, at the bottom of the disk util screen it says that it's already formatted as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)," which I'm assuming is HSF+ Journaled, no? So I have no idea what the problem is.

Also, in the disk utility, there are several options that I still cannot select, like the one to change the drive format.

Additionally, I tried to delete the partition data, but that failed also. Again, it simply said there was an error, but did not specify what the error was.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate your help. Even if it runs like {censored}, I'd just love the geeker joy from getting to look at OS X on my compy. :(

I think that SATA isn't supported during installation. If you have nForce 4 chipset, than you are a lucky guy and your SATA will be supported (but not during installation). Try installing on PATA disk first.

I think that SATA isn't supported during installation. If you have nForce 4 chipset, than you are a lucky guy and your SATA will be supported (but not during installation). Try installing on PATA disk first.

I was able to get it installed to my SATA drive, my config is in my sig. Of course, it stopped working after a reboot, but for the 4-5 hours I was in OS X it was running fine.

Read about that http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=61803

Anybody with Intel CPU, NVidia Chipset ever tried with this release. I just happened to hear somebody else talked about Intel CPU, Nvidia Chipset installed with JAS 10.4.8 AMD kernel.... Didn't have enough luck to upgrade my tiger to 10.4.10. Just wanna know.