Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

ok my About This Mac shows my memory as 1GB DRAM 400MHZ but this machine is set at 533MHZ. im gonna try setting the dram clocking to 400MHZ and see if it helps with my lockup issues...

has anybody ever had a dram timing issue with their hackintosh?

EDIT: ok the ram timing wasnt the problem cuz it locked up again. im gonna try disabling Quartz2DExtreme...

f*ck!!! it wasnt Q2DE either!!! its still locking up. am i the only loser having this problem???

Please help me! I have troubles with my ATADriver!! :)

I try´t to install Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1" on my (ASUS K8V-VM)

but i always get the same error:

Apple16X50UARTSync2: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MAXBaud=11520

IOATAController device blocking bus.

AppleVIAATADriver: VIA UNKNOWM (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xfc08)

Link to te ASUS K8V-VM Post :thumbsdown_anim:

dsc00502qy8.jpg

Installed fine when bootin I get a loginwindow error how do I fix this Im new to this plz help

Do you have the loginwindow patch installed?

If not then it can be found on the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 install DVD. Just boot to the DVD and only select the loginwindow.app under patches. Install to the same disk that OSX is installed on. It dosen't matter if you didn't install uphuck's version, the patch will still work.

Hope you fix your problem! :P

I think I've encountered my first problem with this release. I signed up for a .Mac trial, and inputting the wrong password in system preferences causes the preferences app to crash constantly.

If I input the correct pass, it says the password is verified, but then clicking over to the Sync tab or iDisk tab will just show a progress bar saying "Getting .Mac Info..." forever, so I can never use it.

Despite not being able to use it, if I launch an app with a .Mac service (like iPhoto), it will crash if I try to use the .Mac service (ie: Web Gallery). If I look at the preferences for that app, it will crash, presumably due to whatever .Mac preferences pane is in the window.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Is there a fix?

Hi All,

Will my system configuration work?

Motherboard: ASUS A8N SLI Premium

CPU: AMD64 3200+ (has SSE3)

Graphics: XFX 6600GT 128MB PCIe

Ram: 1GB

HardDisk: 80gb ATA, 80gb SATA, 80gb SATA

Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Egornomics 4000 (USB)

Mouse: Microsoft Intelli Mouse (USB)

I recently Installed Jas 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 PPF2, everything worked out of the box except the sound.

So, I downloaded this TubGirl version and am hoping everything works.

Can anyone suggest me the options i have to choose during the installation.

Thanks a lot in advance and am hoping everything works this time.

Will this configuration work?

Proccesor name: AMD Turion 64 ML-40

Instructions: MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

Chipset: ATI Xpress 200

Graphics: ATI RADEON 200M XPRESS

Memory: Two DDR 1024 MB

Harddisk: Two 80 gb IDE

Keyboard: Builtin on a HP Pavilion dv 8000

Mouse: Touchpad that is builtin on my HP Pavilion DV 8000

Sound: Conexant AC Audio

I don't have any experiences of Mac OS X on PC

Just jump in freddy.

Even if someone said "OK", it could go wrong.

Even if someone said "Not OK", it could go right.

You want to make sure? Search the OSx86 wiki or the forum about your hardware support.

In any case, the best way is to try.

Follow a guide of your convenience in the Tutorial(GeniusBar) section, make sure you understand each step; then do a major backup, and jump in.

Hi,

I'm back. Here's my configuration:

AMD 3800+ X2

DFI Expert

2 gig Geil RAM

ASUS Radeon x1800xt

Seagate 7200.10 500 gig SATA drive.

Soundblaster Audigy (yeah, I know that won't work)

Anyhow, after modifying the info.plist in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext by putting my video card's vendor ID in, I managed to get CI/QE fully working and supported. The card is running two 19" LCD's under DVI without a hitch!

Audio does not work, but I have a Griffen Firewave on the way for that.

Aside from audio, the only problem I have is with USB. It's only running at USB 1.1 speeds unforuntately. Also, on bootup I have to unplug and replug my USB keyboard and mouse, but that's not a big deal to me. I'd like to get USB 2.0 working, but upon searching the forums I haven't found any solutions billed to work with the Tubgirl 10.4.10, or any 10.4.10 for that matter.

Oh, one more question. Software Update tells me that there is a security update, and an audio update. I'm going to ignore the audio update I think since I will be doing audio through firewire anyway. But as for the Security Update, should I install that or will that hose my install???? It's taken a long time to get her up and running in OSX and I don't want to blow the whole works by downloading something from Software Update that will bring it crashing down!

Thanks

Are there any patches that have gotten SATA on a nF430/MCP51 motherboard working? I downloaded the tubgirl version and it goes insanely slow. My CPU does support SSE2 and SSE3. It recognized my SATA hard disk but freezes when I go to partition it for the OS. Has anyone gotten SATA to work?

After few nights work, last night OSX setup complete in my PC

After i install the JAS 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 AMD INTEL VESION, i dont know if i didnt click the "logon page 10.4.4" function, so i cant login to register page. and just halt there.

i got another version by tubgirl 10.4.10 , after install all with X1600pro kent, it works. ICAL also work as i saw someone said it s not working. nevermind, already can smoothly run OSX.

Thanks ALL!!!

Here are some sharing for all your reference.

config:

ATHLON 64 3000+ 939

GIGIBYTE K8N51GMF-9

SAMSUNG 1G DDR 400

30G ATA HDD (SUCCEED INSTALLED)

250SATA2 HDD(NOT TEST YET)

6100 ON BOARD (PASS,JUST 1024X768 32)

AC97 ONBOARD (OK but just 2ch , mic not yet try)

Granmars X1600 Pro 256MB ( both 10.4.8 and 10.4.10 kent also not working, login with black page but installation process it works, so strange)( i try to download some kent from forum and install, however it halt on logon page again. so reinstall)

onboard lan (fail, cant find any build in lan hardware)

USB (ok , my wireless mouse works)

if anyone can deal with the X1600pro and the lan , please let me know, thanks a lot mates

hi, just used this release as an upgrade from Jas 10.4.8 initially took a long time to boot the installer everything went fine after that except for no QE CI which was working before (Nvidia 6600) any ideas?

asus a8n-sli m/b athlon 3000

hi, just used this release as an upgrade from Jas 10.4.8 initially took a long time to boot the installer everything went fine after that except for no QE CI which was working before (Nvidia 6600) any ideas?

That make me scared as i have QE CI working with my 6600GT on Jas 10.4.8 ( Everything works perfectly except no sound ), thats why I was thinking of installing TubGirl 10.4.10, just to get Sound working with everything else.

Any Ideas?

i am awaiting my new sse3 chip to arrive then i will try this. i am super excited.

how well does the USB work?

on the uphuck version it wouldn't recognize my usb hard drive, someone told me to leave it on during installation..

i hope tubgirl version fixes this..

thank you!

-neilg