Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

I have Tubgirl running on the following hardware:

AMD 3800+ X2

DFI Expert

2 gig Geil RAM

ASUS Radeon x1800xt

Seagate 720010 500 gig SATA drive.

Soundblaster Audigy (yeah, I know that won't work).

During installation I could not use my USB keyboard/mouse at all, so I couldn't do anything.

Mounted ISO with Daemon. Used VMWARE Workstation 5.5. Made a virtual installation to the SATA drive using persisent function, or whatever that was where you can write directly to the drive. Made sure to partition MBR format, OSX Journaled.

I CANNOT get QE/CI working on my x1800xt. Can anyone tell me what/where I need to modify something to get QE/CI working??? Only that an audio doesn't work, but I'm not concerned about audio at the moment. I really need QE/CI working.

I have Tubgirl running on the following hardware:

AMD 3800+ X2

DFI Expert

2 gig Geil RAM

ASUS Radeon x1800xt

Seagate 720010 500 gig SATA drive.

Soundblaster Audigy (yeah, I know that won't work).

During installation I could not use my USB keyboard/mouse at all, so I couldn't do anything.

Mounted ISO with Daemon. Used VMWARE Workstation 5.5. Made a virtual installation to the SATA drive using persisent function, or whatever that was where you can write directly to the drive. Made sure to partition MBR format, OSX Journaled.

I CANNOT get QE/CI working on my x1800xt. Can anyone tell me what/where I need to modify something to get QE/CI working??? Only that an audio doesn't work, but I'm not concerned about audio at the moment. I really need QE/CI working.

I have that card... I used the Jas 10.4.8 disk to install the X1x00 package and it makes the card fully supported.

Hey, well i am new to all this but am super stoaked about it all... Bare w/ me on this, my current rig

amd x2 3800+

2gigz ocz

7950Gx2

dfi lan-party ultra-d

is it possible to do a standalone install. i have a few hd's available and wonder if its possible to install it alone. I tried this so far i got all the way thru the install upto the point of where its supposed to restart and then it just hangs, i reboot and i get stuck at my post screen. i realize i forgot to add the mbr option so i disconnected as instructed, now i am trying to install it again and its just hanging here at the apple screen w/ thee ticker spinning... any suggestions before i use another HD?

Well i restarted and it came up. everything works minus my Video card, altho it say 2 256 cards it actually 2x 512 cards so i didnt install the nv40. my other question is, it requires the cd to be in to boot, anyway around this? Thanx!!!!

This is by far the best release I've tried so far for my configuration. JaS would crash whenever I went to the system profiler or "about this mac" window and iTunes didn't work, not to mention Photoshop, and the fact that it had problems mounting disk images randomly. It was fairly stable before I upgraded to a dual core athlon64, but then it went to {censored}, even after a clean reinstall.

I've had no problems at all with this Tubgirl release, and it even seems much faster than JaS. I enabled front row and it just feels like a real mac now. I don't have to worry about any quirkiness with osx86 anymore, so thanks very much, Tubgirl.

I tried it, with spectacular success compared to JaS (which, *once*, was able to find the root file system, and never after).

Nforce 4 SATA worked right away: I use an A8N32 Sli deluxe , and my only hard disks are sata. Everything was found, and booted on, without problems. sound worked without me touching a thing. network worked without me touching a thing.

the only thing is that i can't change the resolution of my GeForce 7800GT (XFX). I tried putting natit for 10.4.9 (well, who knows..), and i killed my system. kernel panic. had to reinstall mac os. What am I supposed to use for the graphics card? Titan? Natit? Where can I find them (on Diabolik, I find Natit v02, Natit v01, and natit 10.4.9 - but i assume that natit v0x are 10.4.9 or lower, and will still destroy my system).

Are there titan drivers for 10.4.10, and where could I find them?

Thanks,

{censored}an

my network card is not working....now heres the other thing, my wireless card has built in blue tooth, the blue tooth works but the wireless doesnt...

i have

HP pavilion DV8000

amd turion 64

128mb video

1gb ram

blah blah

broadcom wireless

i have to do the unplug and replug usb :[

is there a fix for this? for 10.4.10?

i had the same problem with my usb wireless. i added the -f option to com.apple.Boot.plist and it works every time now

could you explain the -f option a little further, kinda new to all this... i greatly appreciate it! Thanks! also anyway around the boot w/ cd?

bust open the Terminal app. its in the Applications/Utilities folder. i would add this program to your dock if i were u. then do this:

$ sudo -s
Password:

root$ cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
root$ ls
NetworkInterfaces.plist                 com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
[b]com.apple.Boot.plist [/b]                   preferences.plist
com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
root$ pico com.apple.Boot.plist

pico will open to reveal the contents of the file like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple$
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
       <key>Kernel</key>
       <string>mach_kernel</string>
       <key>Kernel Flags</key>
       <string>[b]-f[/b] -v</string>
       <key>Boot Graphics</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>Timeout</key>
       <string>1</string>
       <key>Graphics Mode</key>
       <string>1280x1024x32</string>
</dict>
</plist>

the bold -f is where you want your -f to be. press Ctrl+X then answer y and press enter. you should be kicked back to the shell prompt. to verify that you saved the file correctly, do this:

root$ cat com.apple.Boot.Plist
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
       <key>Kernel</key>
       <key>Kernel Flags</key>
       <string>-f -v</string>
       <key>Boot Graphics</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>Timeout</key>
       <string>1</string>
       <key>Graphics Mode</key>
</dict>
</plist>
root$

anyways, i have had good luck so far with this version. i was previously running tubgirl 10.4.8 and it would freeze all the time. im thinking it had something to do with -legacy option in my Boot.plist. this version doesnt have that option enabled by default. my firefox gave me some divide by zero errors at first but i updated my flash player and it hasnt done it since. hopefully this will be the last time i install osx86 on this pc. thanks tubgirl and osx86 community! ;)

EDIT: I spoke too soon. My hack had been running perfect for 2 days then last nite it just froze up. Hard freeze. I rebooted and sure enough it lock up again half an hour later. Wondering if its a heat issue with the CPU or a memory problem? Hasnt locked up yet today. If anyone has similar issues plz let me know...

ok my About This Mac shows my memory as 1GB DRAM 400MHZ but this machine is set at 533MHZ. im gonna try setting the dram clocking to 400MHZ and see if it helps with my lockup issues...

has anybody ever had a dram timing issue with their hackintosh?

EDIT: ok the ram timing wasnt the problem cuz it locked up again. im gonna try disabling Quartz2DExtreme...

bust open the Terminal app. its in the Applications/Utilities folder. i would add this program to your dock if i were u. then do this:

$ sudo -s
Password:

root$ cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
root$ ls
NetworkInterfaces.plist                 com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
[b]com.apple.Boot.plist [/b]                   preferences.plist
com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
root$ pico com.apple.Boot.plist

pico will open to reveal the contents of the file like this:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple$
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
       <key>Kernel</key>
       <key>Kernel Flags</key>
       <string>[b]-f[/b] -v</string>
       <key>Boot Graphics</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>Timeout</key>
       <string>1</string>
       <key>Graphics Mode</key>
</dict>
</plist>

the bold -f is where you want your -f to be. press Ctrl+X then answer y and press enter. you should be kicked back to the shell prompt. to verify that you saved the file correctly, do this:

root$ cat com.apple.Boot.Plist
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
       <key>Kernel</key>
       <key>Kernel Flags</key>
       <string>-f -v</string>
       <key>Boot Graphics</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>Timeout</key>
       <string>1</string>
       <key>Graphics Mode</key>
</dict>
</plist>
root$

anyways, i have had good luck so far with this version. i was previously running tubgirl 10.4.8 and it would freeze all the time. im thinking it had something to do with -legacy option in my Boot.plist. this version doesnt have that option enabled by default. my firefox gave me some divide by zero errors at first but i updated my flash player and it hasnt done it since. hopefully this will be the last time i install osx86 on this pc. thanks tubgirl and osx86 community! :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: I spoke too soon. My hack had been running perfect for 2 days then last nite it just froze up. Hard freeze. I rebooted and sure enough it lock up again half an hour later. Wondering if its a heat issue with the CPU or a memory problem? Hasnt locked up yet today. If anyone has similar issues plz let me know...

No worky for me...