Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

It appears as though "Tubgirl" has made another release. This time, it's 10.4.10 for AMDs (as usual), but for SSE3 only. You can pick it up on The Pirate Bay ("Tubgirl" is not in the torrent's name, though).

Unfortunately, this is untested on Intel, and I don't have an AMD. I don't feel I should bother to test it, I'll leave that up to the AMD users.

This dvd is based on 10.4.9 macbook install disk build (8P4037)

You'll get 10.4.10 Update + netkas sse3/kernel + secupdate-06 + iTunes 7.3.1 + QuickTime7.2 + Java Release5 5.0

IF YOU PARTITION A DISK WITH THE BUILTIN DISKUTIL MAKE SURE TO SELECT THE MBR OPTION !!!!!!

SATA DOESN'T WORK on nF430/MCP51 USE PATA

NVIDIA 512MB CARDS DON'T WORK / NVIDIA 8xxx DOESNT WORK

ATI SUPPORT IS VERY EXPERIMENTAL, YOU'LL PROLLY GET BETTER LUCK WITH NVIDIA

MAKE SURE TO LOOK IN THE CUSTOMIZE INSTALLER SECTION DURING INSTALL

INTEL IS UNTESTED

A BIG THANKYOU AND CREDIT GOES TO PASCALW , HIS AMD PATCHER AND POSTINSTALL SCRIPT ARE REALLY

GREAT. THANX ALOT PASCALW !!

SSE2 SUPPORT WILL BE ADDED IN THE FUTURE WITH A SMALL 10MB PPF IF AND WHEN A 10.4.10 KERNEL WILL BE RELEASED

usefull links:

http://netkas.freeflux.net

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/index.php

http://diabolik1605.com/

IF YOU PARTITION A DISK WITH THE BUILTIN DISKUTIL MAKE SURE TO SELECT THE MBR OPTION !!!!!!

It appears as though SSE2 emulated kernels will be coming soon in a PPF.

Post your success/horror stories and questions here, if you feel like it.

Its 1000000% the best installer, my audio and nforce works right after install, two battles that i couldnt get working, then i loaded the uphuck v1.3 dvd and installed all the updates i needed..glad to have a working system, now io just need to get the video card working full....Thanks tubgirl!

Someone I know tried it out, said they had fantastic results. It could be good for you AMD users, especially after the SSE3 emulation PPF is released.

Got this and burnt it to DVD but it just won't boot from it for me to install.

Burnt using PowerISO and even tried mountign the image and using VMware - still no joy. DVD looks fin though as I can browse it - Any ideas.?

Installed it on another hd and gotta say it's fast as {censored}!

My other install is JAS 10.4.8 and iCal doesn't work (tried patches), also has some troubles with the time, shows only one core and some other minor stuff... but this 10.4.10 from Tubgirl is really good, everything works, system is quite fast and stable, even Adobe CS3 works (no crash, no need to replace AppleSMBIOS). I think it even has 2D Extreme enabled, although i'm not sure about this. Sata drives work, system profiler shows both cores now... This is a very nice "test" for AMD users.

Pc I tried it on: AMD X2 4200+ , 2 gb ram, asus 8n32sli deluxe, two 320 gb sataII drives, 2 pata drives (for testing heh), sapphire x1650 pro

Only had to install video card, everything else worked right out of the box.

Thanks for this!! *_*

Argh, I wish I could try it. I don't have an AMD, and intel is "untested," (in other words, it probably won't work). I don't want to waste my time downloading it if it's not going to work. Although, it does sound very good.

My spec is

X2 3800 (@2.4)

KN8 Ultra

7900GT

2GB

Got Jas10.4.8 installed and runnign fine - this burns and can be seen but just won't boot - in VM or native :confused:

every other DVD like this has been fine.

Make sure you are using DVD-R's (just to be safe) and burn at 1x.

I think I may give this one a shot, and if it doesn't work, I will just replace the kernel with an Intel one.

so it works in a native install???

i've a SB400 ATA

Xpress 200M integrated

Argh, wait. Someone just updated me on something (thanks :thumbsdown_anim:)

If you do get it to install, currently, the x200 has no QE or CI. Also, your SB400 needs a specific .kext (IOATA), which apparently is included.

Feriso, your problem is about not being able to boot, correct? I guess you could try burning it from Mac, use Disk Utility if you are.

Argh, wait. Someone just updated me on something (thanks :rolleyes: )

If you do get it to install, currently, the x200 has no QE or CI. Also, your SB400 needs a specific .kext (IOATA), which apparently is included.

yes, i know that x200 has no QE/CI support, but without SB400 specific kext, i will not be able to install it (nativelly ;)  ).

i would like to be sure about this.

thanks in advance and sorry my english.

Using a V2000Z with a 1.8 GHz Turion64 CPU, 2 GB Ram, 40 GB drive:

This thing works *great*! Setup is practically the same as with 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 as far as having to install to an external drive under VMWare, swap drives, delete files so the trackpad and keyboard work, add Callisto, modify Callisto, AirPort and various other things you need to do with an ATI x200 system. In fact, the only real differences I noticed were that About This Mac displays 10.4.10 and that this has an Athlon CPU and the audio worked without having to add drivers, screw with a kext or anything. Without having a lot installed yet, it seems a tad more stable than the 10.4.9 I was using...no problems with System Preferences or anything.

All in all, a good effort!

Ok, i give up with this release, it's definitly not a good release for my laptop (cf signature), no natively dvd drive found (i've had to do it), no airport found (i dunno why coz as i can see, the good string was already in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleAirBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist), no Callisto(i've had to install 003's callisto drivers too), i go back with uphuck's release

I didn't have any discs avail so i used vmware, installed great not to mention fast even for vmware (vmware is usually slow as S**T) now I only access tubgirls osx from vmware. When i try to boot normally this is what i get Panic stuff, um one of them said " cpu0caller panic nsf boot failed with 6" or something i have a pic but its blurry

Picture.jpg

from that blurry shot i can see nforce ata, hfs block errors , ioerrors etc, is it a mcp51 ? Looks like you need to use an ide hd.

Using a V2000Z with a 1.8 GHz Turion64 CPU, 2 GB Ram, 40 GB drive:

This thing works *great*! Setup is practically the same as with 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 as far as having to install to an external drive under VMWare, swap drives, delete files so the trackpad and keyboard work, add Callisto, modify Callisto, AirPort and various other things you need to do with an ATI x200 system. In fact, the only real differences I noticed were that About This Mac displays 10.4.10 and that this has an Athlon CPU and the audio worked without having to add drivers, screw with a kext or anything. Without having a lot installed yet, it seems a tad more stable than the 10.4.9 I was using...no problems with System Preferences or anything.

All in all, a good effort!

did you tried to install it natively??? (not in vmware)

i've a presario v2000 laptop (same specs as you, except processor (sempron)) and i would like to know if it is possible.

sorry my english...