Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

After i installed and rebooted, i got a black screen with tons of white lettering. at the bottom it says,

Debugger calle: <panic>

Backtrace, format - Frame : Return Adress (4 potential args on stack)

0x43df08 : 0x128d08 (0x3cc0a4 0x43df2c 0x131de5 0x0)

0x43df48 : 0x1a3962 (0x3d1d28 0x0 0x36ad624 0x12)

I tried this today and it didnt get passed discovering the nforce ata bus during first stages of the dvd booting , after that I got about 300 sam read write errors. In vmware I get still waiting for root device.

This is really frustrating as I have not been able ot succesfully boot any image except for an OL jas 10.4.6 iso that I helped test at the time. Uphuck 1/3 iso booted for me to the gui installer but then soon after that it would crash and offer a crash log, I cant read the log though as the crash is to bad, all response is lost.

Its especially weird as I know other people have succesfully installed uphuck 1.3 and tubgirl 10.4.10 on the same mobo as me : Asus A8n Sli premium.

Im installing to a PATA drive.

10.4.9 worked greta for me albeit a manual install from 2 x parallel 10.4.6 installs.

Anyone got any ideas why I am getting all these sam read write errors with tubgirl?

Loading this install was very slow, but when it finally loaded the install went ok. Though I got an error message that something went wrong and that I had to reinstall. Restarted and everything was fine. Running native. Had to install Diabolik X1600 1.3 to get full graphics support.

Very nice release. Thanks Tubgirl!

Used 10.4.9 Tubgirl before.

It may be because of your PATA drive. Have you tried an IDE one?

Are you serious, or are you joking?

PATA = IDE

Did you think he meant SATA?

Yeah its already pata, I have no idea why I have such issues with every dvd , only one i can boot from dvd native is jas 10.4.6 ppf 1.0

I can boot the uphuck 1.3 dvd native but it will get to the gui installer then i get a crash report that i cannot read usally just after selecting language.

its so frustrating, im thinking of maybe installing 10.4.6 on oen partition of the ide drive then from that 10.4.6 installing the tubgirl or uphuck dvd one pakcage at a time.

@livewireuk,

so, we should understand that you have a pata drive along with the sata that is on your sig.

Just to clarify one other point: we do assume that

• you burn the iso's at the slowest speed (or at a slow speed),
  • and on a DVD-R or DVD+R, and not on a DVD RW.

Are we correct about this?

Hi everyone, I've installed it from scratch and then it would crash on loginwindow.app. I've replaced loginwindow using another install from JAS 10.4.8 and it booted, then it started, but 15~ minutes later it crashed on that. I've used netkas AppleSMBIOS.kext and it's working flawlessly so far. Audio worked from start (ALC880, 2ch output only)

I may do an upgrade from JAS 10.4.8 to this release to test it, but I'm trying to backup everything now.

Specs:

AMD Venice 3500+

MSI K8NGM2-FID (nforce430 + Geforce6150 - disabled)

Audio Realtek ALC880: 2ch only

NIC: Vitesse or something like that, not working, using an RT2500 Based Wireless with Ralink OSX Drivers

HD: PATA (No SATA Available)

Video: MSI NV7600GS 256MB, Working QE/CI supported

That's (I think) because the file com.apple.Boot.plist, has the value <Kernel Flags> set to -v. I've removed it but remotely and rebooted, but I have yet to see if it worked

@livewireuk,

so, we should understand that you have a pata drive along with the sata that is on your sig.

Just to clarify one other point: we do assume that

• you burn the iso's at the slowest speed (or at a slow speed),
  • and on a DVD-R or DVD+R, and not on a DVD RW.

Are we correct about this?

hi,

I have a PATA along with 2 SATA drives yeah. I tried taking all the SATA drives out and leaving only the PATA, it didnt change the problem was the same. I have tried burning the disk at slowest speed and with different burners and different media, i have also tried in vmware and the issue is the same.

I get sam read errors then an i/o error regardless of what drives are in the system. I have only tried +r so far but the fact that vmware also has the issue makes me think its not the media or burning causing this.

Its really strange.

Are you serious, or are you joking?

PATA = IDE

Did you think he meant SATA?

Hahaha, oops. Yeah, I meant to say SATA :P (after months of saying different sorts of HDDs over and over again, it can get confusing).

hi,

I have a PATA along with 2 SATA drives yeah. I tried taking all the SATA drives out and leaving only the PATA, it didnt change the problem was the same. I have tried burning the disk at slowest speed and with different burners and different media, i have also tried in vmware and the issue is the same.

I get sam read errors then an i/o error regardless of what drives are in the system. I have only tried +r so far but the fact that vmware also has the issue makes me think its not the media or burning causing this.

Its really strange.

It doesn't like the dvd reader u are using , it's not uncommon . Install it in vmware on the native partition , mount the iso with dtools , vmware iso builtin stuff doesn't work with osx just like your dvd reader

i have downloaded this mac version of tubegirl and attempted several times to install it on my acer aspire 9300 laptop. its a bit weird that my dvd reads ok on untill the first page of installation, my sata hdd is recognised fine under diskutility, but when i try to do the partition with MBR or erase and partition with mbr everything freezes, including my mouse.. i have left it like that for 15 mins hoping that is going to come back but without success..

am i doing smth wrong here or what ??

ps: there is nothing installed on hdd as i even totally erased everything with killdisk before starting with mac dvd..

pls people give me some clues as i seem totally lost here..

It doesn't like the dvd reader u are using , it's not uncommon . Install it in vmware on the native partition , mount the iso with dtools , vmware iso builtin stuff doesn't work with osx just like your dvd reader

Thanks for the reply Myzar, problem is I have tried my pioneer 109 and a new pionner multi layer dvd drive model was 112, got the same read write error except with the other drive it panic'd after about 5 sam read write errors, the drive before just gave me pages and pages of sam errors.

If I mount the iso with demon tools and try to boot it in vmware I get a waiting for root device. I am gonna experiemnt some more today when I get back from work. I'll maybe catch you on irc if you are around( my nick is mulla), I really want to nail this issue as I lost all my 0sx86 files so building a 10.4.9/10 manually from 10.4.6 is a real pain now.

fingers crossed i can get this to work.

i have downloaded this mac version of tubegirl and attempted several times to install it on my acer aspire 9300 laptop. its a bit weird that my dvd reads ok on untill the first page of installation, my sata hdd is recognised fine under diskutility, but when i try to do the partition with MBR or erase and partition with mbr everything freezes, including my mouse.. i have left it like that for 15 mins hoping that is going to come back but without success..

am i doing smth wrong here or what ??

ps: there is nothing installed on hdd as i even totally erased everything with killdisk before starting with mac dvd..

pls people give me some clues as i seem totally lost here..

anyone please ???

anyone please ???

Perhaps no one has answered you because there isn't a very good answer. I've never had a problem like yours before. Please calm down.

Here is what I would try: partition the drive using Windows or another drive utility. Then, boot your OSx86 install disc. As long as you format only the partition you already created, then the MBR should remain intact. The problems occur only if you use the Mac disc utility to actually partition the drive.

I have experienced the "borked" drive syndrome, and it's no fun. However, I only ran into problems when I tried to re-use a drive that had two partitions on it, deleted them, and partitioned using the Mac utility. This (and only this) is what causes the problem.

I have also used a drive that was already partitioned, and simply formatted said partition. This worked fine. Partitioning using the MBR option in the Mac disk utility has also worked for me, though, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem you are experiencing.

FYI

For those who can't get their systems to boot after "borking" their drives, I also had trouble "fixing" my IDE drive, since my system wouldn't boot with it attached. While a hard drive enclosure would be the most elegant solution, a PCI IDE card fixed the boot problem for me, and allowed me to partition the drive in Windows.

btw guys if you 'bork your drive with the disk util partitoning , all you need to do is re write the aprtition table to the drive and all is ok, no data is ever lost. I used Partition table doctor for this , it really is an invaluable tool.