Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

I installed tubgirl's 10.4.10 and its about the same as 10.4.8 Jas for me. I have a Gateway 7426GX, AMD Athlon 1GB, 400 MHz DRAM (It's a laptop). The install goes fine, and boots good. I had to apply the Broadcom Script to get wireless card working (14e4, 4320) and had to really hack the code for ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility AGP but now I have the ability to change my resolution and have very little mouse tearing.

USB works for wireless mouse, but cannot mount any external USB device (ipod, or thumb drive, or other external HDD). Still working on that one... anybody have a solution? I already tried the update from apple to no avail and tried the USB prober.

I had to apply the power management bundle to get the battery icon in the top right to track battery level.

itunes plays everything too fast and at a higher pitch than usual, so I am still looking for a fix for that. Pretty sure its an AC97, so I'll look into fixing that.

Can't write to NTFS. Still looking for a working solution for me. I tried most of the suggestions so far.

Once I can fix the USB, and audio, and sleep, I will delete my windows partition for good.

By the way, I am dual booting XP and 10.4.10 using the Darwin bootloader. This was easy...just install 10.4.10 first, then partition and install XP.

I'll update once I get more working.

Good work tubgirl so far. :)

Very nice release !...

I am currently using an AMD 3200 64-bit, ASUS M2NPV-MX board & XFX 6600gt PCIE.

I have switched from Jas 10.4.8 w/ PPF1, 2 & the Defiant's Patch to this yesterday.

The installation was pretty simple & without problems. Surprisingly i got SATA support for my 430 Nvidia Chipset which i thought i never would. Soundmax audio works right out of the box, but 2.1 only. However on comparing the x-bench scores i saw that the thread score has fallen by 8 points. But, i hardly notice any diference.

I have a few problems though... My memory which is 533 mhz actually shows as 400Mhz in about this mac, though the xbench score is the same, and I cant get rid of the verbose mode boot. Can anyone help....

hi guys... beautiful distro. the only thing is that i wish it worked biggrin.gif

if you could help me, i would really appreciate...

here it goes:

the installation worked flawless, but when i restarted and was hoping that the freshly installed OsX will boot, i got this error:

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

does anybody know how i can fix that, or if it cannot be fixed, how i can avoid it on a fresh installation? cause i sure am willing to install it again, hoping that itll work.

thanks,

Dan

Hello Degro,

There is a solution for this.. i saw it in a therad named "Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD installation experience (missing com.apple.Boot.plist solved) - InsanelyMac Forum" in these forums.. Sorry i cant find it again. Try & search & you may find it.

Ankit

got this installed on two machines already. 1 is AMD (see my sig) and the other on an Intel machine with the following specs:

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4498

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T5500, 2048MB, 240GB using two Serial-ATA (SATA) hard disk drives, DVD SuperMulti, 15.4” diagonal widescreen TruBrite™, Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection 3945ABG

the only problem i encountered with the Toshiba Laptop is the blue screen after installation. was easily resolved by, first, hooking the laptop to an external monitor, then finally, using the IntelGMA950 installer package in the JaS10.4.8 installer dvd

thanks to TubGirl and the Gang!

sweet :)

Hi There,

My Computer:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Motherboard ASUS A8N-E

Works all very nice. Thank you TubGirl.

My question:

- When right-click mouse the dialog windows suddenly that window closes and restart with a general dialog window.

- When copy, mostly the copy freezes( just stops to copy) after a while. And can' t close or handle that dialog window.

Someone has also experienced this or has a sollution?

Greets Mineraal

I just downloaded the 10.4.10 Distro from Tubgirl. I am on an HP Pavilion 6000 when I go to boot from the DVD It loads up to the grey apple and then goes to a blue screen. But it just sits on the blue screen and I do see the pointer. How can I get past this?

I have an AMD and Sata Hard drives

Works Here !

Fresh install, originally had a 10.4.8 externally installed and added the SATA nforce 4 patch and reinstalled hard drive. Still have the USB replug problem. Solution Installed the AppleUSB 10.4.10 patch only got more errors at boot and didn't fix it. Tried another users method , disabled USB keyboard , and mouse in the bios it works but can't select other OS in Darwin bootloader. Sound works much better 6ch audio.

DVD player , Garageband Frontrow 1.3.1, all work. Still testing.

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: ACPI

CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 2.21 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SSE3

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 6.00 PG (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)

Serial Number:

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0391

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

8.10.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:FTW_Toh__/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Thanks Tubgirl give ya a hug but only if your really a girl.

TOSHIBA A215

CPU-Z says:

AMD Turion 64X2 Mobile TL-52

Code name:Taylor

Instructions: MMX(+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, X86-64

Device Manager says:

HD - Disk drives

TOSHIBA MK1637GSX ATA Device

Can I run OSX86 native?

I have a Toshiba A215

Proc: AMD64 X2 Turion

Grafic Card: ATI Radeon X1200

HD: SATA

I ' ve already made 3 partitions:

Vista | Debian-etch | and I want to install OSX

Bootloader: Grub

The Mac os installer (MYZAR 10.4.9) starts great but no partitions at all!!!

I' ve tryed different ways:

1)I formatted the 3rd partition as Fat32

activated it with diskpart ...

but nothing.

2) format partition as id=af

nothing

3) Gparted (LIVE CD) format the partition (max. is 2GB) as HFS

nothing

The osx installer can't see any partition.

Any suggestions?

quartopiano,

Try using the VMWare Install method, that way your SATA HDD will be detected during install. And if you are using Tub 10.4.10 after install SATA HDDD are detected. But have a look in the forum regarding installing OSX to SATA HDD.

======End======

BTW, I installed Tubgirl OSX 10.4.10 AMD Test1 and below are the result:

Graphics: Works with QE/CI Supported.

SATA: Detected after Install "I can now read all my NTFS partiotions on the SATAs"

USB: 2.0 working

Pen Drive Works full speed.

USB Web Camera is detected under USB section but can't use it ( any help )

Sound: Don't work as usual....

Softwares/Application: Everything works.... iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, Shake... FrontRow etc....

See lots of verbose messages during bootup. Any tips to hide htem with the good looking apple Logo :whistle:

Prateesh,

Check out this site for hardware compatibility list:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.4.8/Portables

You can try out the following releases:

1) Jas OSX86 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 PPF2

2) TubGirl OSX86 10.4.10 AMD Test1

And as you have a AMD machine you can try "TubGirl OSX86 10.4.10 AMD Test1"

Check out the forum for the installation procedures, you will find lot many.

Also, check the following guides:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Simple_Dual_Boot

http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2007/05/osx86-on-pc.html

Good Luck!!!!

Very nice release !...

I am currently using an AMD 3200 64-bit, ASUS M2NPV-MX board & XFX 6600gt PCIE.

I have switched from Jas 10.4.8 w/ PPF1, 2 & the Defiant's Patch to this yesterday.

The installation was pretty simple & without problems. Surprisingly i got SATA support for my 430 Nvidia Chipset which i thought i never would. Soundmax audio works right out of the box, but 2.1 only. However on comparing the x-bench scores i saw that the thread score has fallen by 8 points. But, i hardly notice any diference.

I have a few problems though... My memory which is 533 mhz actually shows as 400Mhz in about this mac, though the xbench score is the same, and I cant get rid of the verbose mode boot. Can anyone help....

nano /Library/Preferences/System/com.apple.Boot.plist

search for <string>-v</string> "Remove the -v only"

nano /Library/Preferences/System/com.apple.Boot.plist

search for <string>-v</string> "Remove the -v only"

Thanks this was what i was looking for. I'll try it out today.... and hope i get hide the verbose messages.

BTW, I got my webCam working to by using the macCam drivers.

So, the only think left is the soundcard (realtek ALC850)

I was able to get most of this release working without any struggles, the only thing that is still down for me is my onboard lan.

Current Configuration:

Gigabyte M55SLI-S4 Mobo

AMD 64 X2 4200+

2GB OCZ DDR2 Mem

3 Seagate 320 GB Sata drives

1 Western Digital 120GB Pata drive(Where Osx86 is installed)

eVGA nVidia 7600GT w/256mb

RME HDSP 9632 PCI Audio interface

My Xbench results were kind of low, but I think that is because of the Pata drive. I just wish I could figure out how to get that damn nForce Lan to work now. :)

i´ve installed 10.4.10 tubgirl. Well, i´ve updated uphuck 10.4.9 v.1.3 to tubgirl 10.4.10.

only 3 problems solved both:

1.- Core and Quarz dissapeared, solved installing NV40.. on install setup

2.- i´ve to reinstall ac97 from sis7012, after that, sound ok.

3.- i´ve to reinstall Broadcom 4318 editting the airportbrcm4311.kext from IO80211Family.kext. !!!Here i´ve had a problem, because after editing that kext, wifi card still not detected, i tried few time without success.

i copied IO80211Family.kext from uphuck 10.4.9 v.1.3 to System/Library/Extensions, repair permissions and solved.

if that step helps someone, i´m glad

cu

Processor and Chipset3

• AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL52

• AMD M690V

Memory4

• Configured with 1024MB SDRAM (both memory slots may be occupied).

Maximum capacity 4096MB

Hard Disk Drive5

• 160GB (5400RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive

What can I do?

AMD + SATA --------> Vmware .... install (which release?) ....and then boot native.

Guest Snowski

hi all,

Recently I messed up my JAS 10.4.9 install by updating to 10.4.10. I had a kernel panic so I didnt have a lot of options except for a reinstall and while I was at it I thaught why not try the Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 test1 release.

Booted with DVD, took some time until I could start with the install but after that I could do a native install to my SATA drive wich I could never do with the JAS release. So that means that the Nforce SATA drivers are implented correctly into the DVD and run on boot!

All worked just like with the JAS release (net, audio, vid, etc...) and the xbench showed about the same results (5 marks lower)

Ical works out of the box which also didnt work with JAS.

Only problem I still have is no restart (just hangs like with JAS)

The biggest difference with the tubgirl and the jas is that the jas booted with the apple logo (spinning circle) whereas the tubgirl boots with log messages (black screen, grey text showing what is loaded)

So for those wondering if you can do a direct install from DVD to SATA, YES YOU CAN ;)

Thx Tubgirl and Jas for these releases and making it possible for us to enjoy this great OS.

I just installed Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 on my Athlon 64 3200+ nForce 4 + GeForce 6200TC, all is working like a charm except for samba file transfers ... I made all update available from apple update and the system is functionning ...

Each time i connect to my samba linux and i transfert a big file i got Samba Error Code -36 ...

Kernel Entry give the following errors messages :

smbfs_smb_qfsattr: (fyi) share 'NTFS', attr 0x2b, maxfilename 255

smbfs_aclsflunksniff: sm_args.uid 501, error 2

smb_maperr32: no direct map for 32 bit server error (0xc0000033)

smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 3514, cmd 46

smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 6296, cmd 46

smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 6439, cmd 46

smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 6728, cmd 46

smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 17156, cmd 46

nbssn_recvhdr: connection closed out from under us

smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 5640, cmd 46

I do not know how to solve this problem ... can somebody help me ?

Thank you !

i just unstalled uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3. the installation went smoothly.

reboot.

after booting and display quickly multiple line text informing loading HFS files and initializing system, it stop at:

localhost mDNSResponder: Adding browse domain local.

nothing happened after period of time.

i dont know what the problem is.

anyone can help me to solve this...?

The TubGirl Release has got the string "-v" in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist file which make it boot in verbose mode. If you want to enable the cool Apple logo screen during boot then modify the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist and remove "-v" from <string>-v</string> in the file.