Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1"

Guest Ramm

353 posts in this topic

Hi

My Hackintosh: Intel D945GTPLR, CoreDuo 3.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1 Serial ATA 250 GB, 1 ATA 40 GB

I've installed Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 "Test 1" in the ATA 40 GB, everything is working fine, just: fixed GMA 950 at 1280x1024@75 Hz (QE & CI), Patched Sigmatel 9223 with Taruga AppleHDAPatcher_v1.10, patched Intel Pro/100.

I used -legacy at Darwing Boot Prompt.

The only difference from JAS, is with TubeGirl the processor fan is working harder and it seems to change speed dynamically.

Both JAS and Tubgirl are Great.

Thanks

Greetings from Mexico City. :D

hi all,

I tried to install tubgirl in my pc:

AMD 3000+

powercolor x1950pro 256mo

A8N-E

2 corsair DDR400 512mo

80Go DD

but it's very very slow to install, about 6,7 hours and crash when reboot.

can someone help me tro speed up the install? can you tell me the options for the install?

thank you

The TubGirl Release has got the string "-v" in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist file which make it boot in verbose mode. If you want to enable the cool Apple logo screen during boot then modify the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist and remove "-v" from <string>-v</string> in the file.

Bloody hell, thx a lot for the info m8!

hi all,

Recently I messed up my JAS 10.4.9 install by updating to 10.4.10. I had a kernel panic so I didnt have a lot of options except for a reinstall and while I was at it I thaught why not try the Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 test1 release.

Booted with DVD, took some time until I could start with the install but after that I could do a native install to my SATA drive wich I could never do with the JAS release. So that means that the Nforce SATA drivers are implented correctly into the DVD and run on boot!

All worked just like with the JAS release (net, audio, vid, etc...) and the xbench showed about the same results (5 marks lower)

Ical works out of the box which also didnt work with JAS.

Only problem I still have is no restart (just hangs like with JAS)

The biggest difference with the tubgirl and the jas is that the jas booted with the apple logo (spinning circle) whereas the tubgirl boots with log messages (black screen, grey text showing what is loaded)

So for those wondering if you can do a direct install from DVD to SATA, YES YOU CAN :(

Thx Tubgirl and Jas for these releases and making it possible for us to enjoy this great OS.

Hi Snowski,

Did u mean that tubgirl release will detect my sata HDD on My laptop

If so please tell me i will download that so i can install it

My first post. Please be gentle.

I have a hp v2000z laptop like a few others on here and am having troubles.

When booting from the cd and type -v. The install hangs at mounting the partition. A few posts mention that it took 45 minutes for it to boot, so I left it on all night.

I've heard that the cd must be a slave on the first ide channel. Is this still true?

I've even booted off a usb drive.

Here are the specs

HP v2000z

AMD 2.0 gz Turin

ati 200 grahics

1 gb memory

Any clues? I've tried boot with vmware too with no avail.

TIA

--MrC

Tubgirl 10.4.10 installation Report!&some questions!

I installed the Tubgirl 10.4.10 to my laptop acer aspire 5022wlmi,and it can works!

Turion64 ML-30 works fine

512 ddr333

realtek alc655 works fine(after installed,it can works auto)

realtek 8169 need install realtekr1000.kext then it can work fine with pppoe

mobility x600 64MVRAM it doesn't work

questions:

i use callisto 006b and koverg patch9700,the callisto 006b can installed fine.but koverg doesn't work at all.in system/library/extentions ,there is not a atiradeon9700.kext, and i find a atiradeon9700.kext in macosx 10.4.4 installation cd,but it doesn't work.

so how i can open the qe/ci with mobility x600? any one knows? help me! thank you!

I need a little bit of help from the experts on this forum. I have sucessfully installed the jas 10.4.8 on my machine with everything working with out any problems. I tried both a fresh install of the tubgirl 10.4.10 and an update both times my machine booted up to a light blue screen then to black after I tried to re-install the nv40 drivers to get qe/ci back. Should I re-install a fresh copy of jas 10.4.8 and back up the extensions then do the upgrade to 10.4.10 and before the reboot copy the 10.4.8 extensions back?

System Specs:

Mainboard: MSI K8N-Neo2 Platinum

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

Video card: Asus GeForce FX 5200 128MB

If you have nForce Sata Controller then after installation the SATA drives are detected and is usable.

Well Here i was talking about installation on my Sata drive .... Not detection after installation...

I have no other HDD .... Only my inbuild Sata HDD on my Lappi

Well Here i was talking about installation on my Sata drive .... Not detection after installation...

I have no other HDD .... Only my inbuild Sata HDD on my Lappi

Then i think you can try to install it natively and see if it is detected or use VMWare in windows and install it.

Hello guys

I've been trying to get OS X86 to work on my PC, but it just doesn't like my pc at all :(

I have JaS 10.4.8 running on my wife's Gateway MX6958 (which then I updated to 10.4.9 and then applied PascalW 10.4.10 patch... still working fine) and I've tried using JaS 10.4.8 DVD on my PC but it doesn't even finish the installation.

Here is what I've tried:

uphuck 1.3 universal_

uphuck 1.4a AMD

JaS 10.4.8 Intel AMD SSE2/SSE3.

and now I'm trying with Tubgirl 10.4.10 but I get the same kind of errors:

It tells me I need to retry the installation. IT doesn't even complete...

My System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (SSE3 capable)

2GB DDR RAM

Gigabyte Mobo w NForce4x

HDD0 - Maxtor 160GB SATA <-- Part1 "WinVista" Part2 "Macosx"

HDD1 - 300GB SATA Hitachi

plus 2 totally different DVD burners. I've used both. I still get the same error.

Also I've got an Nvidia 7950 GTX (512MB) PCI-Express... please tell me I can use this... I've read tubgirl's nfo saying "Nvidia 512MB cards dont work" but oh man why am I so unlucky lol!!!!!!! :)

Also, when I go to the Installer log, here is what I get:

"install failed= some files for 10.4.9.AMD.tubgirl may not have been written correctly... blah bla blah"

something like this always happens, with random files. I used to believe it was a bad DVD or image, but I've checked all MD5s, I've burnt them more than once, at 6x DVD speed... nothing! nothing!

:( I guess I will never have OS X on my Desktop PC :( But there is people with almost the exact same specs and are being successfull. I also just changed my old 3200+ two days ago for an X2 4200+ cause of the SSE3... but man oh man, no luck for me...

If there is anything you guys know I should do please, please! let me know, thanks beforehand!

*** I'll be using Tubgir 10.4.10, unless there is a way I can successfully install any other of the versions I have and then do an upgrade install with Tubgirl's 10.4.10 ***

downloaded and installed this version only to find the following result (see below).

i have done some further research and it seems my cpu does not support sse3 afterall.

most sites say the Opteron 144 socket 940 does but i found out it's only Rev E and higher.

i guess mine is only sse2 :)

Is it still possible to run 10.4.10 with SSE2? can i just change to an older kernel? can anyone suggest what would be a good kernel to try?

thanks.

post-60873-1190602216_thumb.jpg

Quick success story

This Version works almost perfectly on the rig in my sig, only issue I have is not being able to access shares on my fileserver, which is a Win 2003 box. I am absolutely ecstatic.

I had tried Jas' 10.4.8 on my previous rig, an AMD FX-57 and never did get the video working, this one comes straight out of the chute and everything works.

I guess the Samba issue I have read about affects this version, I'll wait patiently for a solution, but for now, I tip my hat to the compiler of this DVD, thank you.

Quick success storyThis Version works almost perfectly on the rig in my sig, only issue I have is not being able to access shares on my fileserver, which is a Win 2003 box. I am absolutely ecstatic. AMD AM2 6000+Asus M2NE-Sli2 Gigs Corsair XMS Pro DDR22 SATA WD Raptor 36 Gigs7800 GTX TOP Couple of questions. System M2N-E 6000+ 10.4.10 Can't access network have ViaRhine loading but can't assign Correct DHCP through router internal Forceware has no driver. Tried 10.4.8 IOfamilynetworking.kext Are you SATA driver running on the on board chip set. Is it possible that the 590 chipset does what the 570 can't . Yours would be a 590 I belive. Thanks Quick success storyThis Version works almost perfectly on the rig in my sig, only issue I have is not being able to access shares on my fileserver, which is a Win 2003 box. I am absolutely ecstatic. AMD AM2 6000+Asus M2NE-Sli2 Gigs Corsair XMS Pro DDR22 SATA WD Raptor 36 Gigs7800 GTX TOP Couple of questions. System M2N-E 6000+ 10.4.10 Can't access network have ViaRhine loading but can't assign Correct DHCP through router internal Forceware has no driver. Tried 10.4.8 IOfamilynetworking.kext Are you SATA driver running on the on board chip set. Is it possible that the 590 chipset does what the 570 can't . Yours would be a 590 I belive. Thanks

abit k8n

a64 x2 3800 oced to 2.41

1gb ddr 400 in dual channel

x700 ati (still figuring this out)

400gb sata

botting osx 10.4.10 off 250gb sata

120gb sata

250gb pata

120gb pata

80gb pata

hldtst dvd burner 16x supported

booting xp off 120gb sata, i choose the disk to boot by pusing the esc on statup. i select the disk to boot in bios boot menu, i dont like boot selection menus, id rather have it so if i take one away later, i wont have no probs.

i unplugged all other drives except the 250 during install, so then after completion i plugged all back in. i have 2 intact bootloaders on seperate drives, so this install is pretty much portable.

this is the smoothest copy of osx i have ever used, on a hackintosh anyways

sound and ethernet work just fine, no probs just trying to get the video working right. anyone want to point me to a pm of a kext installed for this noob for his raedon x700 256mb pci expressx16 video card?

<snip>

really mixed up and extremely hard to read quote

</snip>

Tried to get through all that, think I got it. Mine is a 570 chipset, using the SATA drives, native install. It sees the other 2 SATA drives as well. I was not counting on being able to use the NForce networking, so used an RTL 8169(?) based Netgear GA311.

I have read on here that a lot of people have problems with the NForce 5** network adapters, so I didn't even try it.

Working. :) I had some troubles, but I fixed it. I've installed it on my previous JaS 10.4.8 install. ( And this was a source of my problem later :) ) I have some problem with Dashboard, after I want to open some widgets, it crashed. Later, I've noticed, that my version of Dock is newer than Dock on the install DVD. So, I've just replace it with version from DVD.

Now everything working like a charm ( just like in 10.4.8, btw. ).

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice core. No OC.

1 GB RAM

GF 7300 GT 256MB - works

VIA K8T890 chipset

Seagate 120 GB PATA.

So, now I have full working 10.4.10 system for daily using :) Thanks tubegirl !

Sorry for my english :D