Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

I have acquired a dell poweredge 2200 server (nasty but free :D ), its a P2 266 with 64mb. im planning to try Rhapsody native on this big ugly thing.

Anybody know of an osx app that can extract those floppy images back to real discs using a usb floppy drive?

iou can do it with dd, we must only guess what is the "skip" factor to apply. i tried without and it booted, but had some files corrupted

Has anyone tried installing Rhapsody DR2 PPC in SheepShaver?

i haven't tried yet, but, finally, i think that it will not work: ss don't support os x…

bwhsh8r, you're DA man!!! :D

Thanks a lot!!!

BTW, sorry for the noob question... but where can Copland be collocated?

I mean... is it before Rhapsody or after? Before Mac OSX Server 1.0 or after?

Thanks!!!

Ah, is it Copland PPC or x86?

P.S.: Just one more thing... bwhsh8r, as soon as you manage to get a PPC copy of Rhapsody, make me know.

Thanks again! :)

bwhsh8r, you're DA man!!! :D

Thanks a lot!!!

BTW, sorry for the noob question... but where can Copland be collocated?

I mean... is it before Rhapsody or after? Before Mac OSX Server 1.0 or after?

Thanks!!!

Ah, is it Copland PPC or x86?

P.S.: Just one more thing... bwhsh8r, as soon as you manage to get a PPC copy of Rhapsody, make me know.

Thanks again! :)

I currently have a copy of:

BlueBox

Rhapsody DR2 x86

Rhapsody DR2 PPC

YellowBox for Windows DR1

VPC5 Drive with Rhapsody DR2

Copland Revealed Demo CD

Copland PPC

PM Me for a copy, and eventually bwhsh3r will have them too. You can still PM him for DR2 x86 though.

@ Don Luca - Unfortunately there is currently no way to solve the No Color issue. I don't know where the cursor went though...

Nevermind, I solved the issue... thanks anyway.

I wasn't able to properly install Bochs for OSX... can anyone send me a ready-to-be-installed copy of Bochs?

I have the IMG with Rhapsody installed ready, just have to put it in Bochs...

ah, and btw, does exist a GUI for Bochs?

Alright... what I did was totally MAD, but it worked:

I opened Parallels and booted into Windoze... from there i installed Bochs and used the guide... and it worked: Rhapsody working in colors at 800x600... but it was hwll slow...

I still cannot figure out how to make bochs work in OSX... now it tells me that the graphic library (I tried several... carbon, X11, SDL...) isn't installed.

I don't know what to do, please help.

P.S.: if you want I can post the picture with Mac OS X with Parallels and Windows which has inside Bochs with Rhapsody in the Laugh section :pirate2:

Mac OS X --> Parallels (Windows) --> Bochs (Rhapsody)

EDIT:

Now Bochs in Mac OSX works through DarwinPorts... and it's even slower than Bochs in Windows inside Parallels.

EDIT 2:

After playing around a bit with Bochs options I manage to have a decent experience with Rhapsody.

I used Bochs in Windows inside Parallels, because OSX Bochs is too slow.

The problem, obiously, is that if I want to use Rhapsody, I have to boot Mac OSX, open Parallels, boot Windows, then, inside Windows, open Bochs and boot Rhapsody... :dev:

Too complex, too slow overall... however, I'll try resurrecting my old Pentium 233 MMX with my Matrox Millennium MGA, which is supported by Rhapsody.

Thanks everyone for your efforts!

I think we should try to run Parallels with PearPC with Virtual PC with Parallels for Windows running linux running MacOnLinux running... Rhapsody!

@Don Luca - How'd you fix the problem?

@bwhsh8r - That sucks... I'm gonna test it just in case though...

I think we should try to run Parallels with PearPC with Virtual PC with Parallels for Windows running linux running MacOnLinux running... Rhapsody!

@Don Luca - How'd you fix the problem?

@bwhsh8r - That sucks... I'm gonna test it just in case though...

k go for it, i dlled it 3 times and didnt work any of them, so let me know if you have better luck (im using winrar just as a referance to what im using to try and unpack it..)

max

k go for it, i dlled it 3 times and didnt work any of them, so let me know if you have better luck (im using winrar just as a referance to what im using to try and unpack it..)

max

Actually, you were wrong. Remember the x86 rhapsody? Try to mount that. That doesn't work either. When used in conjunction with the install floppies, this image should boot.

Actually, you were wrong. Remember the x86 rhapsody? Try to mount that. That doesn't work either. When used in conjunction with the install floppies, this image should boot.

no i cant extract teh files from the archive... not mount it....

max

i finally was able to expand the file (the ppc one, right?) and mount the iso, but it is definitively corrupted: i can see the files, but most of them doesn't open or opens as a casual text file. strangely the acrobat 3 installer seems to work! :sorcerer:

I have th x86 version of Rhapsody from bwhsh8r. How do I install it? I have tried "Parallels", "Q", and "Bochs". Please help. Thanks in advance.

boot off of the install floopy image with the iso mounted... thats all i know.

max

I have th x86 version of Rhapsody from bwhsh8r. How do I install it? I have tried "Parallels", "Q", and "Bochs". Please help. Thanks in advance.

i tried it on virtual pc 6 for mac and it froze, un guest pc (on mac too) works well.