NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Same problem with NfS Most wanted - SLOOOW as hell, GTA San Andreas crashes after main menu, trying to load a game..

G-Force, I ran GTA SA and NfS MW on bootcamp with Vista (!!!) and they run just fine, so i sitll thinki it's not hardware problem, but a software one...

I am working on getting half life 2 going, but I keep recieving the error Unable to load C:\steamapps\islanderfan@msn.com\half-life 2\bin\filesystem_steam.dll looks like there are some issues with it still trying to call steam, i have tried just getting steam going and have had no luck :(

Rofl, that one guy who posted like 2 comments on that second video kept saying it was XP with mac skin...

But does this only work with intel macs? My dad just got a g5 Imac and he loves racing games.

Same problem with NfS Most wanted - SLOOOW as hell, GTA San Andreas crashes after main menu, trying to load a game..

G-Force, I ran GTA SA and NfS MW on bootcamp with Vista (!!!) and they run just fine, so i sitll thinki it's not hardware problem, but a software one...

Ok, I tested NFS Carbon on my MacBook, and as soon as the movies are finished, this game gets really slow too. So, you're not the only one.

GMA is a very slow card.

You need an ATI or an nVidia card for the game to run smoothly.

If you installed windows on your macs you would saw

that works slow and in there, because of the video card :(

GMA is a very slow card.

that works slow and in there, because of the video card ;)

GMA is not a card. it's a chip, intergrated chip. :( Just to clear it up.

som3on3 would you like to help me with getting steam working? I have been on irc the past few days in the #game channel

Steam is built as an application, Cider is a game loader. You can't run any apps with it. I tried to run Train Simulator on it but it runs a little app first (license accept) so the game won't start. Use CrossOver to use Steam. :StarTrek:

we all know that crossover sucks :(, hopefully once they release gametap for mac we can use the cider in that to lunch steam because gametap is an application :D

Crossover doesnt suck, it can run Half Life at almost native speeds.

GMA is a very slow card.

that works slow and in there, because of the video card :unsure:

They run fine even under Vista.... I was hoping to be even better under OS X

I can't get OutRun2006 to start. The screen goes black, then quits back to desktop. I'm using the X3 Cider. Anybody know how to get this working please?

Also has anybody tried FlatOut2? It's a Cedega supported game but I cannot get it working under Cider :)

They run fine even under Vista.... I was hoping to be even better under OS X

It will be fine for 2D applications. But if you try to play any 3D games(i mean quite recent games, not WC3 cos' even Pentium3 system can run :( ), you will encounter the lagging issue, unless you lower down the resolution. :lol:

It seems that most things I try give me a mouse at first then a blank screen or it will just quit out, i need to figure out what the issue with FEAR is, I need to do some troubleshooting. FEAR gives me a mouse and a blank screen then the mouse goes away, but I can't even exit out of the blank screen I have to shut the computer off :(.

Far Cry Mouse fix:

Open system.cfg, you can find 2 files one is in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Far Cry/ and the other in /Bin32/

Open them with TextEdit

Find and change i_direct_input = "1" to i_direct_input = "0" in each file

Save

Close

Start

Play

:)

PS: I found a little bug: You can not use mouse wheel to change weapon -> the game will freez / crash. (use your keyboard)

hi guys, ive been following this thread for a while, and trying a few Ciderisations of my own, but while im usually pretty good at this kind of thing, i cant seem to get my head around this one in particular.

the two games ive tried (cos theyre what ive got/am playing in boot camp at the mo) are Supreme Commander and FEAR. both of which are patched to the latest, and as such dont need a no-CD patch... has anyone got these two working yet? all i get (at best) was a bouncing of the app in the dock.

any ideas?

thanks

hi guys, ive been following this thread for a while, and trying a few Ciderisations of my own, but while im usually pretty good at this kind of thing, i cant seem to get my head around this one in particular.

the two games ive tried (cos theyre what ive got/am playing in boot camp at the mo) are Supreme Commander and FEAR. both of which are patched to the latest, and as such dont need a no-CD patch... has anyone got these two working yet? all i get (at best) was a bouncing of the app in the dock.

any ideas?

thanks

Try checking Console in your utilities folder as you run it

i get the following:

2007-07-20 00:29:32.154 cider[822] -[X3LauncherController loadWindow]: failed to load window nib file 'X3StartupDialog'.

wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...

any clue?