NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Ok guys I got it fixed and the icon is working (I had to convert it back and forth in the XCode icon editor)

I stripped the thing to its bare minimum I think, I'll do a few more tweak and upload it somewhere if you guys are interested.

Ok guys I got it fixed and the icon is working (I had to convert it back and forth in the XCode icon editor)

I stripped the thing to its bare minimum I think, I'll do a few more tweak and upload it somewhere if you guys are interested.

are you talking about oblvion? Have you found anything on the mouse problem?

No I talk about Cider, Oblivion is still a no go, I can't find what's wrong with the mouse, certainly a Cider bug/compiled flag.

OK so here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?6duoynmjxo9

You just have to place your game dir in the c_drive then edit those in the info.plist

<key>CedegaGameDir</key>

<string>C:\Your-game-dir</string>

<key>CedegaGameName</key>

<string>C:\Your-game-dir\Your-game.exe</string>

<key>PrefsFolderName</key>

<string>Your-game</string>

And that's it.

hi, just checkin this post and very intresting. I just got a question. I have an IMAC with an external HD.

You say install it on C: ? how to do that with macosx. I have installed it on my external drive but how to link to that. I don't know if macosx uses C: or D: ? its just called xschijf

I'll check STALKER out in the next week. I never was able to get Joint Operations to work- it whined that it wasn't installed properly, even when I transfered the registry keys. I've seen the error before on borked JO installs so I know it's the game and not Cider. On a sidenote, I'll have 250GB of storage online in the next few days, so I can build some torrents for the Cider support files.

Suzuka, i've added your howto on the frontpage,

thanks for the uploaded new version of cider

and ...

anyone in here waiting for the new

Need For Speed (ProStreet)?

If you use the new files, you wont need all the changes

yeah, new version of cider is much better, lots of fixes...

also.. NFSMW works perfectly noe, withh all the effects,

beeing able to use and the rain effect now

Everyone, can join #games now on irc :censored2:

Alright. I'm going to try SimTower and get back to you all. I know it's an old game, but it's a classic.

And I'm only doing this because SimTower Mac is only for PPC and will only run in Classic mode or OS 8/9.

EDIT: No dice for SimTower. I wonder if it's just because it's not a 3D application. That really shouldn't be the case as Cedega (the basis for Cider) is designed to run any Windows apps.

Also, going to try Star Wars: Battlefront later as well as Tribes 2.

FYI SimTower Windows runs under Crossover Office fine.

does anyone here have and wanna try Guild wars? I want to get it soon, but I dont want my windows partition anymore

Same company NCSoft's LineageII doesn't play. Let's hope someone got Guild Wars to try it out.

Everyone, can join #games now on irc :thumbsup_anim:

Besides of the fact that things seem to develop very fine, I just wanted to know where exactly one can find the #games room. I don't see anyone when joining #games on irc.macspeak.net.

Wow, really interesting. Seems more and more game are coming along. I see in the last pages, Cider is used more, has anybody tried to take Cedega and compile it since it runs more games? I read most of it all, just wondering. My iBook won't run much but this could be awesome for later macs.

hey there.. i have tried and followed all the steps exactly as u wrote them.. when i double click on the application, it seems like its going to start.. like its loading.. then it says:

A debugger has been detected.

Unload the debugger and try again.

I am trying to run need for speed carbon.

What debugger? Im on 10.4.9, MacBook 13" if that helps?

Although, this step i didnt know what to do.. i couldnt find these dll files anywhere.. i assumed they were included with the Heroes download file u uploaded..

5. Copy this dlls from windows into c_drive/windows/system32/: d3d9_24.dll to d3d9_32.dll (you can find this dlls on the web too)

can u please help me out? thanks

san andreas now working for my imac intel with the new package from suzuka with minor texture and graphic glitches.

@malrefai: when you use one of the package from the frontpage, you doesnt need the dll files. there are all in the package. you must edit the info.plist and the config

i editted the info.plist, but it gives me the debugging error.. i just downloaded the "new files" package, the one which has Cider.app ... i copied the NFSC folder into it... and now it doesnt give me debugging error, it just closes straight away..!