NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

This is because gametap's cider has mouse boarders, there is no way to fix this now

:D I didn't use the GameTap version - I used the X3 one. Or does that not make a difference?

Btw, how do you extract Cider from GameTap? Just delete the GameTap app? Also, is the GameTap version always better than X3?

Lastly, downloaded Hitman Contracts via a torrent and got it to work on GMA950 (before it didn't - characters and environments were awful, unplayable). Just plonk the ~Program Files\Hitman Contracts folder into the X3 version of Cider. Then it works :P

you can't port windows programs to mac os x using cider because cider can't show program windows. you can only port games that doesn't have a splash or a config window at start up. you become a black screen and cider shut down.

What's a splash? I'm trying to work out why Rome Total War and Sim City 3000 won't work.

When SC3 starts (X3 Cider) I get a 1 second black screen then desktop and '??? Unknown Exception' then 1 second black screen again after clicking 'OK' then Desktop again. CrossOver works up to the menu (weird purple square underneath Start, Options, etc. though) - but then becomes really slow.

With Rome Total War after installing the game and applying the crack (through CrossOver) it shows the first screen of RTW (some red picture on a black background then 'Can't find file '-random letters, e.g. ÔÓÌÏËÁÊÌÔııÔÓÏÈØËËÈÊÊÁ‰ÍÎÏ-'. Then it quits. Using CD 1 to try installing DirectX 9.0b and Media Player again only makes it say 'Missing -forgotten-.DLL'

I'll re-install RTW and give you more details on that .dll if I can.

Anyone know how to fix SC3?

EDIT

Re-installed RTW on a fresh XOver bottle - game couldn't find some 'banners' - dragged the missing files off CD, now works great. Almost perfect. Lol, I would be going 'yeah!' and stuff but I'm bloody tired :)

The couple of problems are (no mouse problem btw, full resolution/screen perfect): On the menus the mouse has tails, and the tails stay on the screen (only during menus), plus every time you navigate to a different page on the menu, it superimposes upon the last one, etc. these two together make it quite hard to see the menu. Any cure?

Only other weird problem is that when you click on the 'Factions' button (on the world map) then 'Senate' tab - it unexpectedly quits. Quite random.

Oh, and the sea has a bit of a graphical aberration - it's just bluey/purpley/silvery pixels than a proper sea. The landmasses + wars + everything else look great though.

So, apart from those, it runs fantastically on a MacBook with GMA950 + 1GB RAM. Should be awesome on a Pro (don't have one to try it with though).

you can't port windows programs to mac os x using cider because cider can't show program windows. you can only port games that doesn't have a splash or a config window at start up. you become a black screen and cider shut down.

Hm, with gametap, I hear the music from the splash, but I cant see the window >.<

Is anyone having problems with GTA: Vice City? I can play well (apart from the random mouse issue that happens every now and then) but i'm having some problems with the keyboard. I can't buy stuff from the vendors (probably because the shift keys aren't recognised and you have to use rshift to buy items).

Is there any way to fix this? (Or remap the keys?)

Thanks,

Breth

NFS Carbon and Most Wanted port are great!

On my setup it ran slowwwwly: about 10 fps.

i edited this 2 line in Home/Library/Preferences/Need for Speed Carbon Preferences/config file:

"FixedProgram" = "N"

"GLSL" = "N"

Now its really great, playable even with the highest settings, 20-25fps.

(Galaxy 7600GS 256MB+ PentiumD945 3.4Ghz, OSX 10.4.10)

So no games with GameGuard... too bad, i wanted to play Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst soo badly on my brand new MacBook Pro

Is anyone having problems with GTA: Vice City? I can play well (apart from the random mouse issue that happens every now and then) but i'm having some problems with the keyboard. I can't buy stuff from the vendors (probably because the shift keys aren't recognised and you have to use rshift to buy items).

Is there any way to fix this? (Or remap the keys?)

Thanks,

Breth

At the main menu simply go into Options and Controls and then click remap keys or whatever. Pretty simple ;)

I tryed UnrealTournament with cider X3 and it works great, but sometimes, it looses the in-game "contact" with the keyboard and the mouse, so I have to quit CMD+Q.

Anybody have ideas of why can be wrong?

btw, tried with the gametap version with no luck.

Eah, thats great!!!!

NFSC working fine!

I have AGP nVidia N7600GS but it doesn't work at full speed :( (it works slower than my GMA900 !!!! but with QE and CI support :censored2: )

I need to find the way to solve this problem.

Anyway, big thanks guys  :P

I need help!!!!!

Hi guys, I know nothing bout codes, cider, directories etc., i just know how to turn my mac on, from what i understand in the main tutorial, i need to install NFSC on a win PC with a no-cd crack?? that right?? and then take it from there with HOMMV??

I have a macbook pro with an ATI card.

somebody PLEASE tell me if I'm going in the right direction. thanx

it isnt possible to play a game that requires the .NET frame work isit? i copied my lord of the rings online folder to my cadega folder. i then copied my entire windows directory over. the game did actually launch but errored saying it needs the install root path for the .net framework.

Any news if it is possible?

i am having problems with the mouse and texture issues on GTA SA i did download the fix on Demonoid but still have the sam problem

Make sure that the info.plist points to the right directory and .exe - use PlistEditPro to edit it.

Also, the .nfo with the mouse fix is a bit wrong. You need to replace GTA's prefs in GTA (SA/VC/3)\Contents\Resources - replace the prefs folder in there with the one in the mouse fix. Then, before running it (or you'll need to do replace the prefs folder inside the GTA app again) delete the prefs folder of GTA whatever in Your Home\Library\Preferences

I just tried to get my Command & Conquer 3 (Windows Version) to run with Cider (X3), however it turned out not to work for me. My problem is that Cider quits as soon as I push the Start button. Any suggestions? I mean CnC3 should work, as EA is using it for their MAC version of CnC3. Anybody has a working config?

NFS Carbon and Most Wanted port are great!

On my setup it ran slowwwwly: about 10 fps.

i edited this 2 line in Home/Library/Preferences/Need for Speed Carbon Preferences/config file:

"FixedProgram" = "N"

"GLSL" = "N"

Now its really great, playable even with the highest settings, 20-25fps.

(Galaxy 7600GS 256MB+ PentiumD945 3.4Ghz, OSX 10.4.10)

I've just tried this trick and the game feels a little bit faster. Menu performance is VERY fast, but in-game it's not so good... Feels like I'm using 2 year old computer...

Maybe someone knows what values should be in the config file to run this game faster??