NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten Steam to work? It works on Crossover but it is really slow. My brother plays Garry's Mod a lot. I (after much convincing) installed OSX on his AMD System. He has a 6600GT. It works using Crossover, but is slow. If I use Cedega it just crashes. No errors, no nothing.

If games are running slow on your computers, disable BeamSync. It nearly doubled my Frame Rates. Also is Cedega faster or slower compared to Crossover?

i'd say it's faster than Crossover.

I was playing CS 1.6 on crossover and althought the speed was ok.. there was a few minor gfx performance lags.

(which really shouldn't happen considering the low system requirements of the game).

On the other hand, Ciger handles Need for speed decently which is alot more gfx intensive.

Hello to all,

So i tried some Games before i read this thread here.

I Tried the Crazy Machines 1 2 and 3 and it Works fine.

So i tried more Games but most of all dosent work for now.

NFS Carbon workes good for me about 20 Fps its not so good as under XP but its all right

NFS MW workes better but also about 25 Fps

NFS Underground Workes also about 30-35 Fps

GTA Vice City workes with Gfx probs and the Sound is twice as fast as it should be

GTA San Andreas workes a bit slow and the Figures are without Texture

Grand Prix 4 searches for a CD also with NO-CD Crack ????

Risk 2 dosnt start

ANNO 1701 dosent start

Ford Street Racing doesnt start

Grand Prix 3 give me a White Screen and hungs up

Star Wars Battlefront II work until it goes into the fight then crashed.

Tiger Woods 2004 /2005/2007 dosent start. I dont know why ;(

CoD 2 dosent work too but there is a working Mac version out there :)

More i dont check till now

Ok, I installed my retail copy of Battlefield 2 and patched it to version 1.41. Mouse sensitivity was way too high, but fixed thanks to Suzuka. Changed emulated Windows version to winxp, doesn't fix anything. Anyway, it looks like this:

bf2_corrupt.png

Note: the full version runs right away. To get the demo working i had to change the pixel shader version from 1.4 to 2.0. But same result as above. Multiplayer doesn't work, game crashes.

I DID IT! I got Oblivion to run at playable speeds, the only problem is, the mouse is a little twitchy, Unfortunitly, you wont get to far, once you exit the Sewers, the game will crash

heres my Oblivion.ini file, put it in

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Heroes of Might and Magic V Preferences/p_drive/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion

There are also some other changes to your config file (Located at /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Heroes of Might and Magic V Preferences )

find

"PixelShadersLevel" = "1.4"

and change it to

"PixelShadersLevel" = "2.0"

and find

"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "100" (or simmilar)

and change to

"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "1"

Oblivion.ini.zip

Ok so yes mouse support is really bad (it's unplayable really) and after some times the sound just stop working, too bad :)

I'll try to tweak it a little more.

sound works fine for me, btw, are you using the Cider file from my last post?

suzuka> it seems the .app is broken somwhat, could you put it in a directory THEN zip it so the .app stay clean. I can't seems to fix it (it won't accept any icons)

edit: nevermind, I fixed it. The only weird thing is if I ask for file infos in the Finder it takes 3 or 4 minutes, locking the Finder...

suzuka> it seems the .app is broken somwhat, could you put it in a directory THEN zip it so the .app stay clean. I can't seems to fix it (it won't accept any icons)

you mean a DMG? or what?

and if your trying to add a custom icon, doesnt seem to work for me either