NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Status Report for a few Games:

FarCry: Works, problems on texture coloring, mouse not operating correctly (stutters a lot).

Richard Burns Rally: Perfecto!! Works 100%

With those hw specs you have?

Albatron PX865PE/ICH5/AC97(ALC650)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz (Prescott - HT)

2x 512MB SDRAM

Club3D GeForceFX5700 128MB AGP

Realtek 8139 PCI Ethernet

I have similar sackintosh, but no luck for me :thumbsdown_anim:

With those hw specs you have?

Albatron PX865PE/ICH5/AC97(ALC650)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz (Prescott - HT)

2x 512MB SDRAM

Club3D GeForceFX5700 128MB AGP

Realtek 8139 PCI Ethernet

I have similar sackintosh, but no luck for me :thumbsdown_anim:

No I'm sorry, I should have updated my sig, I'm using an AMD 3500+ with ATi X1650 Pro now. GeForceFX5700 wasn't working with Cider.

malrefai..... go to ~/library/preferences/**the name of the game pref folder**/

open config in textedit and scroll down below the list of dll to this...

[Version]

; Windows version to imitate. Valid versions are: 'win20', 'win30', 'win31', 'win95', 'win98', 'winme', 'nt351', 'nt40', 'win2000', 'winxp'

"Windows" = "win98"

; DOS version to imitate

;"DOS" = "6.22"

change the win98 to winxp..... I had the same problem and this fixed it....

i probably do need one.. cuz i just tried the No-CD crack on parallels.. where it didnt work.. it used to automatically crash, so i didnt know... i editted the version and made it say 'win98'.. now it just takes a long time to load and gives me the same error.. can someone send me the NFSC.exe cracked application please? i couldnt find the NFSC no-cd cracks anywhere;/ i have restricted access to the web!;r

okay Now i editted the config file in the /User/Library/Preferences/game/config

i made the version winxp... the program runs.. no errors.. but it never opens.. does this game work on a Macbook?

http://www.mediafire.com/?03d0ilds01m <-- this is a screenshot of whats hapenning with me

Ok, so cider is the updated cedega code for OS X? I heard/read about cider but didn't know it was compiled along with cedega and kept up to date. Nice.

No, it is not always kept up to date with Cedega's code. It is at most only as current as the release date of the game Cider was packaged with.

I just re-installed NFSC on Windows computer.. checked the crack.. definetely working.. there must be something u're doing that im not... i installed it.. added the crack.. crack works... i copied C:\program files\electronic arts folder all into the Heros of might blah.app.... Show Package info.. resources.. blah blah.. into the program files..

i openned info.plist.. changed the gamedir... changed the game appication.... and now.. when i run it.. it automatically closes ..? what am i doing wrong? i tried this on my MacBook, AND, MacBook Pro 17".. Help!?;/

i don't think that this should go sticky or something else

cause according to guys.. this is illegal :)

and this sucks, because it's a solutions for people to play need for speed or oblivion or other games

and people not to know about it. Think about how many mac users are... and how many know that

they can play a game like nfs or other game on their macs.

it's a nice solutions, but...

anyway.. when i will get some free time

i iwll try to create a guy

for the config file :D

so be easier to use...

also if i will get help from soem people i will try to amek and a game installer :D