NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Im sure the game installer can be an applescript, I think the first post should also be a list of Playable, working, and nonworking games, Playable, means runs at decent speedsand all controls, Working means it starts, you can do some stuff (like oblivion) and Non working wont start at all (Like Morrowind)

i don't think that this should go sticky or something else

cause according to guys.. this is illegal :D

Yes, certainly it is, but it is not more or less illegal than installing Mac OS X on plain x86 PCs :(

Hey too all !

I read the thread from the beginning and tried some games and configs in the last 2 days:

NFS Underground 2 ... Speed perfect, Reflections aren´t always 100% accurate

NFS Carbon ... Speed is okay (in 1440x900 i get aroung 25-30 frames) , Gfx working perfect

Richard Burns Rally ... Speed is perfect (1440x900 gives me 45-50 frames), Gfx working perfect

FarCry ... Speed is okay (1440x900 with almost all details on very high gives me 40-45 frames), Gfx working perfect if you turn Shadows down.

I a m working on configs for Test Drive Unlimited and Colin Mc Rae .. let´s see how that works out..

Some problems i encountered... I gave a friend of mine the games i tested, but each game won´t start with an error

(wrong MacosX Version). But if he starts Cider directly .. the game starts flawlessly.. we tried to edit the info.plist to a lower minimum system version.. but that didn´t help..

My System:

Intel Core 2 DUO 6300 @ 3,00 Ghz

2,00 Gigabyte DDR667 Ram

Gigabyte 965 DS3 Mainboard

Xpertvision Nvidia 7600GT 256mb VRAM PCI Express

MacosX 10.4.9

Will try more games tomorrow...

I downloaded the CVS source from transgaming this afternoon (WineX, it seems they kept the old name for the OS version), it's just a nightmare to compile the damn thing. I always get libjpeg.h missing no matter wich libjpeg package i had make/installed (I did try Fink libjpeg packages and libjpeg 6b with the OSX patch, still no luck. Itseems I miss the libjpeg-dev package)

I anyone know things about deving on OSX and want to help feel free to post or contact me.

I downloaded the CVS source from transgaming this afternoon (WineX, it seems they kept the old name for the OO version), it's just a nightmare to compile the damn thing. I always get libjpeg.h missing no matter wich libjpeg package i had make/installed (I did try Fink libjpeg packages and libjpeg 6b with the OSX patch, still no luck. Itseems I miss the libjpeg-dev package)

I anyone know things about deving on OSX and want to help feel free to post or contact me.

can you give a link to the CVS?

Has anyone got this to work on AMD Cpus. On My bro's machine, no game starts using Cider. They work on my Intel, Slowly, but they work.

Cider port

LOOOOOOOL

apple got my tutorial and will pull out

carbon for macs

LOOOOOL

This is what I thought too, when I was listening to the WWDC keynote.

There will also be 2142 Battlefield, Command & Conquer 3, Need for Speed Carbon as well as Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. In August 2007 Madden 08 und Tiger Woods 08, will be released at the same time for Mac and for Windows platforms, according to EA.

Does anybody have Deus ex and/or Deus Ex IW running? Im trying to but DX gives me an assertion failed box. And DX:IW just quits after the mouse pointer is gone. Like it not starting up. Both are installs that work fine in either crossover (DX install) or paralles ( DXIW, works but super slow)

Anybody more info on this?