NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

nuts.

i get the same thing with Supreme Commander, BTW. just ignore the last line about starting the debugger.

ive also noticed that with games that actually work, you get the exact same entry in the console, followed by:

Microsoft ® D3DX9 Shader Compiler 5.04.00.2904

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation 2002-2003. All rights reserved.

and you get it repeated over and over...

also, ive tried Half Life, but got a sound related crash:

This sound card s driver does not support direct access

The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.

net.cpp (860) : Assertion Failed: 0 == iRet

i cant seem to get my head around that one either.

This stuff is so fiddly, it seems.

can i ask what games youve managed to get working? and which youve tried and not got working? itd be great to have a decent list on here.

I have managed to get test drive unlimited partially working with the myst online cider version, which is the only version other than the gametap one that worked with it. I had to delete the startup movies to get to the main menu, and then I was presented with a serial number request. At this point I get stuck as the mouse buttons do not work so I can not click ok, and pressing enter freezes the cursor in place and disables the keyboard (while animations still continue in the background). With Oblivion, I can play the game perfectly except that the cursor is constantly centering like several others have found, and also the character models are completely invisible except for teeth, eyes, hair and in some cases helmets, shields and swords. I tried test drive in the cider versions for myst online, x3, hommv & gametap and got nowhere with the x3 and hommv versions. I also tried combining files from the different cider packages but that was little help. With oblivion I have tried all the versions plus combined versions and that was also no help. I have experimented in both games with the config settings such as which system to emulate, etc, but so far I have not been able to make any difference.

For those of you wondering, the gametap package doesn't seem to provide any support for non-fullscreen windows.

Also, I have tried MDK2, but all it does is open the application, then stay open with no finder windows, no sound, no fullscreen, just the 'cider' application menu and the edit menu beside it. I have to force quit it to get out of it but it does not seem frozen as I can navigate its 2 menu bar menus (cider&edit) perfectly. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Hi,

I got this same problem with all titles i tried to ciderize ..

I'm using X3 wrapper with following titles:

The Simpsons Hit & Run (works fine on paralles and vmware)

Hospital Tycoon (new game, but works well even on old computers)

the error i got is:

2007-07-20 00:29:32.154 cider[822] -[X3LauncherController loadWindow]: failed to load window nib file 'X3StartupDialog'.

wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...

Could anyone explain this exception, or tell what to look at and where to find error?

Also, could anyone prepare archive with all available cider wrappers, its not easy to find them...

Thanks!

G.

Hi,

I got all files you described, changed info.plist to correct data, and game still doesnt run, how to check which files or dirs i need to add additionally for game?

Maybe someone may try to make Hospital Tycoon or simpsons hit & run (they are small games) cause here they simply does not work :/

DagoWatt, maybe you can try to make them and tell me what im doing wrong :/ (also please activate me on your board)

G.

Where do you get the full Heroes of Might and Magic V game for intel macs? I've searched the usual places and still cannot find it. I'd really appreciate that if you could send me a link where I can find it.

Greetings.

btw. Great job concerning the cider crack!.

Anyone tried Command & Conquer 3? I've tried but no go.

I'm assuming it's not working cause the game has the popup company logo thing before it starts? If so, anyone found a work around for it?

It's the one game I REALLY wanna play on my mac. XD And EA is taking their own sweet time... *whistle*

Grrrrr, this mouse Centering issue is really starting to get to me. I've done everything I could think of but still, Oblivion : Elder Scroll and GTA:SA have the exact same problem....Anyone getting close or have any other ideas that might work?

Install it through Windows :)

I sent a PM to you, but havent got a answer yet. Does anyone else know how to get Fifa07 to work in Crossover? Please send me a PM so we dont go off-topic. :P Thanks

Oops sorry, but I didn't receive any PM from you. Well, as I said, install Fifa 07 through Windows (boot into XP/Vista or use Parallels/VMware, as you wish) to install it, and you are done :) Just run directly the exe from crossover in "Run Command" (don't do file/open).

Well I tried the demo and it worked, so i'm pretty sure retail version works fine too.

There is a way : i'm not going to go into details, because if you don't know what you are doing, then don't do this : in Windows, check for any EA keys in REGEDIT (Local Machine/Software AND/OR Current_User/Software ONLY), export them and import them into Crossover (to access the crossover registry, type regedit in "run command" :)

Hopefully you are getting what i'm trying to explain you.

Good luck.

Guest super dooper

I got Battlefield 2 to run using the X3 cider on a 15" MacBook Pro. Works exceptionally well, with the aforementioned glitch of no ground texture. Everything else however looks really nice, and it runs as fast for me as it did in boot camp. Well enough to blow some tanks up anyway.

There is a way : i'm not going to go into details, because if you don't know what you are doing, then don't do this : in Windows, check for any EA keys in REGEDIT (Local Machine/Software AND/OR Current_User/Software ONLY), export them and import them into Crossover (to access the crossover registry, type regedit in "run command" ;)

Hopefully you are getting what i'm trying to explain you.

Good luck.

Did that, but there seems to be some problems vith my graphicscard now. ;)

From the log file:

rr:d3d_caps:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Invalid nVidia version string: "2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.2"

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x1d9768) : stub, simulating 128MB for now, returning 128MB left

fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x1d8f48)->(0x0,00000008)

fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x1d8f48)->(0x0,00000008)

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Release (0x1d9768) Device released with resources still bound, acceptable but unexpected

fixme:d3d:dumpResources Leftover resource 0x21b1e8 with type 1,WINED3DRTYPE_SURFACE

err:d3d_caps:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Invalid nVidia version string: "2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.2"

fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x1d9218)->(0x0,00000008)

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock

Can someone make somekind of howto add stuff to registry?

I for example need to add this to cider registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMIPES6]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMIPES6\PES6]
"installdir"="C:\\Program Files\\ PES6\\ PES6\\"
"lang_e"=dword:00000001
"lang_f"=dword:00000000
"lang_g"=dword:00000000
"lang_i"=dword:00000000
"lang_s"=dword:00000000
"lang_p"=dword:00000000
"installfrom"="D:"
"code"="AR2TJECE4LR9ADVWXKC5"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMIPES6\PES6\1.0]

From looking cider reg this looks logical to me

[Software\\KONAMIPES6\\PES6]
"installdir"="C:\\Program Files\\PES6\\PES6\\"
"lang_e"=dword:00000001
"lang_f"=dword:00000000
"lang_g"=dword:00000000
"lang_i"=dword:00000000
"lang_s"=dword:00000000
"lang_p"=dword:00000000
"installfrom"="D:"
"code"="AR2TJECE4LR9ADVWXKC5"

But the thing that I cant figure out is the number at the end of the first line.

Example:

[Software\\DeepSilver\\X3 Reunion] 1159917488
"INSTALL_DIR"="C:\\x3"