NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Above all, som3on3, thanks.

BTW, what does No3 mean? When I double-clicked Cedega or Cider, I didn`t see any reactions.

Where should crack be applied?

You can usually get a crack at gamecopyworld (Google it, I'm afraid to post a link) search for the game you want and find a NO-CD crack, make sure in the description it says "Replace game.exe with the included file" or something like that

*sigh* This sounds so easy...

I tried: Out Run 2006, Silent Hunter III, Il-2 Sturmovik, Guild Wars Factions, Battlefield 1942 and even Doom 3 - not a single one works. All of these games are known to work with either WINE or Cedega, so there shouldn't be a technical reason. Still, the best that I get is a black screen for a second and then - nothing.

Huhu, i got GTA San Andreas to work perfect (in the few minutes i tested) ;)

The config File in the Library/Preference-Folder is the beast. With the GameTap-Version it adds the entry "MouseWarping" = "0" after "ForceVSync" = "0". The other problems have been allready fixed, but once again the Settings:

"FullScreen" = "1"

"VertexShaders" = "N"

"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "1"

The config-Tweeking should also work for Oblivion and Far Cry, but haven´t tried yet :)

The config file you put is not the one generated by Gametap's cider, it's the one from the X3, cause gametap only uses shaders 1.2. Also there's no mouse parameters in your config file, so why uploading it ?

You can usually get a crack at gamecopyworld (Google it, I'm afraid to post a link) search for the game you want and find a NO-CD crack, make sure in the description it says "Replace game.exe with the included file" or something like that

Suzuka, thanks.

When I clicked Cider for playing Most Wanted, a black screen appeared.

Perhaps, because of my sse2 system...

The config file you put is not the one generated by Gametap's cider, it's the one from the X3, cause gametap only uses shaders 1.2. Also there's no mouse parameters in your config file, so why uploading it ?

For shure it´s the Gametap-Version. I never have had X3. This config is working well for my GTA SA. If you have any Problems with it, say it, but don´t tell me nothing.

For shure it´s the Gametap-Version. I never have had X3. This config is working well for my GTA SA. If you have any Problems with it, say it, but don´t tell me nothing.

There's no "AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "1" flag at [dinput] in your config file or MouseWarping = "0" at [sdldrv]

Your config file looks like this

[sdldrv]
"DefaultScreenWidth" = "1024"
"DefaultScreenHeight" = "768"
"ScreenDepth" = "32"
"Enable3D" = "1"
"FullScreen" = "1"
"ShowFPS" = "0"
"DisplaySettingsDialog" = "0"
"ForceVSync" = "0"

instead of

[sdldrv]
"DefaultScreenWidth" = "1024"
"DefaultScreenHeight" = "768"
"ScreenDepth" = "32"
"Enable3D" = "1"
"FullScreen" = "1"
"ShowFPS" = "0"
"DisplaySettingsDialog" = "0"
"ForceVSync" = "0"
"MouseWarping" = "0"

and

[dinput]
; dead zone for joystick input from 0 to 10000. 1000 is 10% of range.
"DefaultDeadZone" = "1000"

instead of

[dinput]
; dead zone for joystick input from 0 to 10000. 1000 is 10% of range.
"DefaultDeadZone" = "1000"
"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "1"

You should check your config files before uploading them

I got Oblivion working with Gametap Cider but there are two major problems. One is that almost all textures are gone, took a screen shot of the one place I have found so far that actually has some texture. The second problem is that when mouse warping is turned off mouse boundery issues popup. In order to turn all that way around you have to go to one boundery, hit tab and move the mouse to the other side of the screen. Config file is included.

post-109783-1186417408_thumb.png

config.txt

about textures try to change

[d3dgl]
"AnisotropicTextureFiltering" = "Y"
"VertexShaders" = "Y"
; type of vertex shaders to use (Hardware/Software/Auto)
; hardware will use whatever the opengl drivers make available
; software will use winex software emulation (will be slow!)
; (has not been implemented yet!)
"VertexShaderMode" = "A"
"PixelShaders" = "Y"

into this

[d3dgl]
"AnisotropicTextureFiltering" = "Y"
"VertexShaders" = "N"
; type of vertex shaders to use (Hardware/Software/Auto)
; hardware will use whatever the opengl drivers make available
; software will use winex software emulation (will be slow!)
; (has not been implemented yet!)
"VertexShaderMode" = "A"
"PixelShaders" = "Y"

You can also try to disactivate pixelshaders, it would be faster...

So you have GTA:SA working perfectly?

* How did you fix the Mouse Centering Issue??

You should check your config files before uploading them

I checked this config and you are right, but i`m quite shure that this it is not the file i uploaded (or i was too drunken). Is a Name-Confusion possible on this Server with another File called "config.zip"?

Here is a new one with Shader 2.0-Settings. The Performance is better with this. Maybe better to change the "VideoRam"-Settings, because this one is set to 256 MB.

config_GTA_SanAndreas.zip

isometric> damn ! can't you even read the posts ??? The answer to your question is my post just before yours ! Read !

Anindo> I don't think there can be a confusion, maybe you've uploaded your config file before modifying it.

Also have you changed the default preferences folder in the info.plist file ? Many people leave it by default so they have the same folder for all their games using cider... It's better to change it for each games ;)

Hi all, I have been checking these for some time now, thought i'd register today :)

I have a question, i am using Cider and GTA San Andreas, i played this game on the pc some time ago and I kept my savegames, does anybody have a clue where to put them so i can ude these in the mac version? I can't figure out where the games are stored at all with this gta version.

Thanks

Has anyone fixed the mouse issue with FarCry? I am using the X3 version of cider. I tried to edit the mouse sensitivity in the preference file like in an earlier post , which did not work. The mouse is very jittery, and the game is unplayable.

Also tried to get Republic Commando working with no luck Cider just hangs.

Im running Oblivion with GameTaps cider with K-Trons config file, it starts, but all I see is the health bars/fatuige/magic/compass, but everything else is black, K-Tron, can you send me your cider file, just leave out the game

Hi all.

Has anyone figured out how to add commandline switches to the game to be launched? Like: "game.exe -opengl" ? I tried just adding it to the info.plist in CedegaGameName with no luck. Normally Wine and Cedega have this ability, I expect Cider should as well.

Hi guys,

I've diligently read through this entire thread, and well, I've been really interested in Cider for a while after playing a couple of Cider games, and I'd absolutely love to start making my own Cider ports, but tbh, I don't really understand everything you've written down here. I understand editing the info.plists and dragging the game files into the Cider template (will try it with a Rome: Total War demo and post back today). But the bits I don't understand are the type of things guile posted on P. 17 (post 336). Where do you get that info from? And how do you know what to do? If someone could explain how you actually figure out what to do I'd be really grateful. :angel:

ty :(

EDIT

1) Thought you might want to know: On demonoid.com DAGOwatt (posted earlier in here) has posted a torrent that fixes the mouse issue in GTA:SA and VC. I can confirm it works with VC (occasionally sticks, just move the mouse to the extreme left/right/up/down). I haven't downloaded SA yet. He said that it doesn't work with FarCry though. You should still be able to access it even if you're not a member (I'm not btw).

2) On a french forum (can translate with Babel fish on altavista) they are discussing the exact same thing, and have a list of working and non-working games. Seems like a very good thread. http://forum.macbidouille.com/index.php?showtopic=224908 Btw, they talk about how to change the language that the game is presented in too, if that interests any of you.

EDIT 2

Yeah!!! Did my first Cider game! Downloaded 'Rome - Total War Demo' (hence needs no NOCD), installed it with an xp bottle (which I made default) with CrossOver (for some reason the game wouldn't run when I clicked 'Rome Total War Demo' in '~Home/Applications/CrossOver/Rome - Total War Demo/Rome - Total War Demo' - I had to go into '~Home/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/newbottle/drive_c/Program Files/Activision (I think it was in there, I moved it to Cider, now I'm not exactly sure)/Data/rome.exe'.

When I tried to click the first rome app it said that the bottle wasn't default or something and couldn't find app - something like that.

Anywho, plonked the Data (in ~Activision) folder into Cider's c_drive and edited the .plist, and it worked perfectly! Except loading screens lost their background (all you got was the red bar filling up). Great stuff! And, CrossOver couldn't get past the menus. As soon as you clicked Start or whatever it would load, then the screen would stay black. Had to Force Quit.

Just played the main battle available in the demo (about 1200 men). All settings on and highest on a GMA 950. 1GB Ram. Core 2 duo. 2 GHz. It worked. Very nicely. Lots of camera panning as well. One annoying downside which I can't figure out as I'm new to this - The mouse refuses to move past a certain horizontal point on the screen. The point is right at the bottom the screen, from about halfway down the mini-map. So only a tiny part of the screen, but it happens to be the part which contains 50% of the unit commands -.- It's on the largest resolution. Changing the resolution to the smallest only makes the bottom area larger, and also the right-hand side is also becomes affected. The odd bit though, is that this doesn't happen in the menus. Any ideas?

Sorry for the massive post :P

well. One annoying downside which I can't figure out as I'm new to this - The mouse refuses to move past a certain horizontal point on the screen. The point is right at the bottom the screen, from about halfway down the mini-map. So only a tiny part of the screen, but it happens to be the part which contains 50% of the unit commands -.- It's on the largest resolution. Changing the resolution to the smallest only makes the bottom area larger, and also the right-hand side is also becomes affected. The odd bit though, is that this doesn't happen in the menus. Any ideas?

Sorry for the massive post :)

This is because gametap's cider has mouse boarders, there is no way to fix this now