NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Battlefield 2142 Demo works without graphics corruption, but it has a slow framerate on my iMac. I can also play online. Bit weird that BF 2142 actually works and BF2 doesn't (well, that's my experience).

I can't get NFSC running using HOMMY's app... that app is still asking me for the HOMM's SN, any idea? :(

download from the mainpage the latest cider files

yeah, that sucks

they stold my ideea and now they say they are the hottest...

sucks

I'm using the latest Cider but anyway, I found the problem: I had to crack HOMMV before hacking the original package :)

PS: trying to run PES6 (just hacking hte info.plist file) return me this error "Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - This game is not properly installed"; there is something I can try to get this running? :)

yeah, that sucks

they stold my ideea and now they say they are the hottest...

sucks

While your idea to use the Cider wrapper from HOMMV was pretty cool, it's not like EA really stole your idea.

Cider in itself is a product by Transgaming so that gaming publishers could use Cider to create Mac versions of any game they wanted.

I tried to make Diablo Hellfire run with Cider- basically I tried it with two different versions, the X3 and the HOMMV version. Maybe I didn't make it right or it just doesn't work (I don't know if it works at all with old games like this one). Could anyone else test it, please? If it's successful I would like to have a step by step How-To, too.

i'm trying to get gta:sa to work.. and graphically it works just fine, but i still got the problem of the mouse centering itself all the time, making the game unplayable.. so i searched for it for a while, and found the bug on the winex pages, with a bugfix..

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1410

apparently i have to make nomousecenter true in the registry somehow, but i'm wondering if the same fix is built in cider and how i get it to work.. i tried adding "NoMouseCenter" = "Y" to the config file in different places, but so far i couldn't get it to work.. anybody here know something i don't?

Hi

I've messed around a little with GTA: SA and got it to work graphically just fine (albeit a bit on a sluggish side). Now we just need somebody to fix mouse centering issue. I attach config file for gta:sa for those who want to try their luck and mess aroundconfig.zip

Hi

I've messed around a little with GTA: SA and got it to work graphically just fine (albeit a bit on a sluggish side). Now we just need somebody to fix mouse centering issue. I attach config file for gta:sa for those who want to try their luck and mess aroundconfig.zip

I doubt the mouse problem is in the GTA config file, since the same thing is happening in oblivion

but someone said that oblivion worked fine for them, except for some bug after exiting the sewers, 'twas stated earlier in this topic :P

That was me and that was with HOMM's version of Cider, it doesnt happend with X3's

First of all, thanks for a great find! :hysterical:

I made an attempt at trying to run a game that I've always wanted to play on the Mac, but haven't been able to (until now).

The only problem I have is that the graphics are somewhat messed up (see screenshots below).

This is what it looks like:

bild2cu1.th.png

And this is how it's supposed to look:

bildsm9.th.png

Do any of you have any tips on how I can better configure Cider to get it more like the real thing?

Thanks in advance, appreciate it a lot!

I try have a link to my windows drive(Volumes/HP_XP/Program Files/......) and don't actually copy the game into the dir and that works perfectly for Need for speed Most Wanted

But can anyone tell me where is the save game located in?

Thanks a lot

hi guys,

i have a 13' MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM. I installed NFS Carbon according to the instructions (version 1.2) and it runs fine until after the videos, but once I enter the main menu, it's EXTREMELY slow! The mouce moves an inch only every couple of seconds, and the res is set only to 640x480. The menu works, but I didn't have the patience to start loading a race. Any idea why this is happening? Maybe my mac is too slow for the game? Or Direct X problems... dll's..?