Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

please check your image's md5 hash before trying to install and make a clean install not upgrade.

mperovic

you have nforce sata controller and that issue has not exactly solved yet, ''About This Mac'' crash is also a known issue on tubgirl amd package, I'll try myzar amd package, maybe at next release I' can change amd package. about this mac crash and even some programs crash(like ical) too but against these crashes system works good on amd cpu with tubgirl package. anyway thanks for your amd sse3 experience..

I need Intel sse2 experience..

the orginal file's md5:

uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.2.cdr

d22bf4be7bf6d1548696252dcc032ab6

Not working after install and reboot on: Abit IC7, Intel 875 chipset, SSE2 Northwood P4.

Rotating gear icon and intro music, but nothing else.

Also tried installing only the Intel SSE2 10.4.9 kernal as an update to a working install of JaS 10.4.8.

Same result: stuck at rotating gear icon.

Side note: (suggestion for future revision): include the free utility called "Monolingual".

loginwindow works, you see the intro, after that what happens? can you explain the details, what did you choose at install time? speedstep? and the hardware details, onboard graphics?

No login window, only the rotating gear icon.

The intro VIDEO does NOT display at all. The intro AUDIO does play.

Only chose: the Intel SSE2 kernal and the ATI AGP driver.

Graphics card is: ATI 9600 AGP 128 MB.

NIC: Realtek 10/100 (8139 chip) in PCI slot.

Audio: Realtek 655 onboard sound.

Like I said before: all works fine with the JaS 10.4.8.

ati and ati agp support in dvd is not for 9600, they are for x1xxx series.

try with universal kernel and remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with selecting the choice at the bottom of kernels section.

maybe you should also choose IOATA from 10.4.8.

boot with -v (verbose mode) to see where it hangs on after install.

at hcl reviews thay say that 8139 works with IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.8, It would be good if you try this kext and tell me the results, then i can add it in next release..

richtig

can you put this file to

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

but before delete the previous one then

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

then reboot

tell me if 8139 succeeds..

AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext.zip

Hi All,

Downloading @ the moment, will update once i finish downloading and installing,

Just a quick question to uphuck :

I have i915 motherboard, ac97 sound card, broadcom 440 wired ethernet, intel gma 900, intel sse2 & 3.

Do you think this dvd will support broadcom, as until 10.4.7 everything worked fine with QE and CI but when i installed 10.4.8 JAS DVD with ppf 1 and 2, no network, no QE and CI.

Thankful to all of the people here to make this dream come true of running osx on a pc.

Thanks for the great job uphuck.

Regards

Mutahir

@upchuck: Thanks for your expertise. Was able to get 10.4.9 installed and running by NOT selecting "ATI AGP driver",

and picking "Universal" Kernal instead of: "Intel SSE2 Kernal".

However, "About this MAC" crashes before displaying anything.

Software Update had 5 updates available: Java, QT, iTunes, Security Update 2007-004, (totaling ~170 MB) and Airport Extreme (don't have).

I think it would be preferable to have these 4 updates included on the installer disk.

Also, the Realtek 8139 NIC works fine. There is "native support" for that NIC.

All versions since 10.4.3 ("deadmoo") have natively supported the Realtek 10/100 NIC.

mutahir

thanks, bcm 440 will probably work but if not then you can use IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.7 or earlier versions

gma900 in dvd is DiaboliK's driver, it should work with full qe/ci support.

I can't even boot up into the installer from the dvd...

first it says something about the USB I disconnect them then it says errors with disk1x03 or something to that affect.

tried -s,-v,-x nothing..

would a clean install help anything?

I know it's not much to go on but I don't remember all the details

please check your image's md5 hash before trying to install and make a clean install not upgrade.

you have nforce sata controller and that issue has not exactly solved yet, ''About This Mac'' crash is also a known issue on tubgirl amd package, I'll try myzar amd package, maybe at next release I' can change amd package. about this mac crash and even some programs crash(like ical) too but against these crashes system works good on amd cpu with tubgirl package. anyway thanks for your amd sse3 experience..

I need Intel sse2 experience..

the orginal file's md5:

uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.2.cdr

d22bf4be7bf6d1548696252dcc032ab6

Man, this is fantastic distribution :thumbsup_anim: I'm very easy solved iCal crash problem :)

You're done great job dude :)

Not working too good for me. Installation went fine the first time, but never would boot the Login Window. So I erased and tried again. Now, no matter what I do, it gets stuck in the "Finalizing Installation" sequence of the installer (doesn't freeze or lock up...just will never make it to Optimizing).

Did you check the installer log window during install? it uses quite some time on correcting permissions before optimizing the system.

:-)

Howard

I havent tried it, i have my own which works fine. Maybe i'll download it and see how it goes (but only once i see some more positive replies, because so far. it dont look so good

i upgraded my 10.4.8 with this distribution..it seems to work (i can see the login window) but i can't enter with my old user/password, anyone know how to solve this problem? i have the old installation on another partition so i can boot from it to solve the problem if there is a possibility!

thank you

If there is someone supplying invite codes to demonoid to random people, I would use caution with it. If someone you invited gets banned, then you will get banned also. And I'm noticing people who join this site and their first comment is a demonoid request code.

But anyway, my question. How do you pronounce "uphuck"? Is it "up huck" or "you phuck"?

uphuck, is the 10.4.9 dvd a 10.4.9 on itself or did you modify an existing 10.4.8 (jas) dvd and combined with the 10.4.9 update from apple?

I'm getting this error when booting your dvd:

Error parsing plist filesetting boot_uuid to: 3F2 - etc...

Any clue?

Intel package is 10.4.8 jas + 10.4.9 apple combo, amd package is 10.4.8 jas amd + 10.4.9 tubgirl. I will try 10.4.8 tubgirl + 10.4.9 myzar, maybe if it's better I'll change amd package. Intel SSE2 and AMD SSE3 kernels are not successful as well, maybe I'll put them out of the box, universal kernels can handle all systems.

Erhnam

please write your hardware..

Intel package is 10.4.8 jas + 10.4.9 apple combo, amd package is 10.4.8 jas amd + 10.4.9 tubgirl. I will try 10.4.8 tubgirl + 10.4.9 myzar, maybe if it's better I'll change amd package. Intel SSE2 and AMD SSE3 kernels are not successful as well, maybe I'll put them out of the box, universal kernels can handle all systems.

check your image file's md5 hash

Thanks. I got the best results with the "JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich

-R.patch.Integrated" disk. I upgraded this release with the 10.4.9 apple combo from the apple site and replace the 8.8.1 kernel with a 8.9.1 Universal kernel from netkas right after the upgrade. I'm using a p5b-e plus motherboard.

Hi all,

I've been trying to install uphuc 10.4.9 but each time after 20/30% of the uphuc 10.4.9 pachage the installation fails and ask and asks to try another install !!

I have followed advices of those who were successful with the same hardware.

cdr MD5 checksum is ok : d22bf4be7bf6d1548696252dcc032ab6

hardware : Asus P5W DH + Intel 6700 + 2 go ram + raptor 76

Can uphuc or someone else help ?

thanks

all i can say is you to burn dvd at slow speed like 4x. It should work as well on your hardware. For Intel systems, if jas 10.4.8 patched dvd works then this one should work on same hardware. For amd systems same of course but more experience needed..

in a few days I'll share v1.3, you can also wait for it.