Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

mmk, im new here and new to the whole osx stuff you're doin here (which is pretty dang awesome, i might add...), but i have 1 question before i jump into all of this. i have already downloaded the 1.2 install dvd, but i want to install it to a 40 gig hd that i took out of an old g3. mainly i want to do this because i want to stay away from partitions and give osx its own harddrive. my question is, how do i install osx to it?

After two weeks I finally downloaded v.1.3

I'm soo happy :)

It is an amazing release. full of goodies. :)

But I still am not able to have any sound :) Stupid ALC861!!!!!

My OSXmachine would be perfect if only it had sound out :thumbsup_anim:

me, im using photoshop cs3 ext.

but it did not work for the first time, even after fixing the applesmbios.kext

it only worked after applying the patch from the green demon. the patch that will remove the trial.

i dont know why is it like that. but it just worked.

HI I have a pc desktop with this features: Intel Celeron D 325j, Gigabyte GA-8IP775-G, Nvidia Geforce4 ti 4200 (128 MB) AGP 4, internal motherboard sound card plus creative sound blaster PCI128(Ensoniq ESS880), I woud like to put osx on a MAXTOR 6L020J1 (20 GB),NEC DVD RW ND-3540A, Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter,2x512 ram Nanya M2U51264DS8HC3G-5T.Can I install uphuck 10.4.9 universal dvd v1.3 on this system?Which options Must I march to have a good Installation?If 10.4.9 version cannot go on my system someone can tell me what is the last version that can go on my system.Thanks a LOT and excuse me for my poor english. Please help me I tried multiple installations but i can not understand what is the right option for my system!!!

after install, hang at the rotating gear icon,

Same thing for me. My system is a PIV 2.4Ghz with 1GB Ram and an ATI X1600 AGP. I succesfully installed Myzar 10.4.5 and 10.4.6 and they both worked like a charm (the graphics card was fully working after borisbadenov 3.2). I also installed JAS 10.4.8 but with this I only had partial support of my hardware. I really need the 10.4.9 working but like some people in this and other threads after the installation the grey apple screen with the loading gear appears and it just stays there. Could it be that the system is running some sort of virtual ram image instead of the os itself? I say this because it doesn't look like the os booting for the first time, it looks instead like the installation is loading again. The first time I thought that I had left the disc inside or something.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Please help!!!!!!!!!!

P.D.: I have this symptom with the v1.2 and the v1.3 versions.

HI I have a pc desktop with this features: Intel Celeron D 325j, Gigabyte GA-8IP775-G, Nvidia Geforce4 ti 4200 (128 MB) AGP 4, internal motherboard sound card plus creative sound blaster PCI128(Ensoniq ESS880), I woud like to put osx on a MAXTOR 6L020J1 (20 GB),NEC DVD RW ND-3540A, Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter,2x512 ram Nanya M2U51264DS8HC3G-5T.Can I install uphuck 10.4.9 universal dvd v1.3 on this system?Which options Must I march to have a good Installation?If 10.4.9 version cannot go on my system someone can tell me what is the last version that can go on my system.Thanks a LOT and excuse me for my poor english. Please help me I tried multiple installations but i can not understand what is the right option for my system!!!

If it doesn't work, try JaS OSX 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 with PPF1 and PPF2 DVD.

I installed just fine, but after booting all I get is either a blinking cursor, or the text "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found". Anybody else got this? How can I get past that?

Hi before i got the same error so first my english is bad so try to understand me, ok all you have to do is chose -Master Boot Record- under option in utility disk of partition instead of -Guid Partition Tabe- and in the package chose -RemoveCPUPowerManagementkext- and of caurse your intel or amd package and other drivers....

Ive installed uphuck 10.4.9 on my lg s1-pdggg (core2duo, 2gb ram, ati mobile x1600, agere lan, 3945 intel wifi).

ati driver doesnt work (says incorrect install of ati driver after booting mac ox x). wifi doesnt work, lan doesnt work. any hints or workarounds?

• 2 weeks later...

(Should be posted in the 1.3 thread... will cross post there.) Thanks uphuck for a great release. I've got one problem though I'm hoping someone can help with... It took me maybe 5 or 6 installs before I found a combination patches that would work for me. (AMD Athlon 64 4000+ SSE2, nVidia nForce4 chipset, SATA drive). But it did work, perfectly. Couldn't find a driver that would work for my ATI AIW1900 video card, but that's OK, I'm good with that. Here's my problem: After getting it to work, I didn't include the Office install, so I thought I'd do a re-install now that I knew what patches to select and also add in Office. Well, now when I try to install, I select the options I want, and the install starts, but at some random % complete, the system totally hangs - I can still move the mouse, but the progress bar stops animating and I can't click on anything, and the DVD stops spinning. I've left it for a while, but it never gets any further in the install. Sometimes it's at 1%, sometimes it's 35%, sometimes it 90%, but it always hangs. Sometimes it hangs in the Disk Utility when I go to reformat/erase the partition before each install. One random time, it did complete to 100% and rebooted, but I had selected the x1x00 video driver by mistake, so I missed my one opportunity. It doesn't make any sense to me. I've also tried booting in -v verbose mode, but that doesn't seem to affect it at all either. Any thoughts?

Hi before i got the same error so first my english is bad so try to understand me, ok all you have to do is chose -Master Boot Record- under option in utility disk of partition instead of -Guid Partition Tabe- and in the package chose -RemoveCPUPowerManagementkext- and of caurse your intel or amd package and other drivers....

thanks i'll try this, I've tried every option to get osx booted but all i get is a blinking cursor.

my specs:

amd 4200 x2 socket 939

asus a8v-deluxe

As soon as i get home I'll try this

well no difference, i set it to guid partition and tried master boot recrod, none of them helped my problem with a blinking cursor.

i'm using 10.4.9 1.3 dvd, i only install the amd package en sse2, or sse3.

i suppose my systemspecs are not going to allow a OSX installation, to bad.

error is "still wait for boot device"...

hi uphuck...i hv the more or less same siuation...

frist...my latop is ASUS W7J

and the detial of the hardware are as follow

Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T2350, 1866 MHz (14 x 133)

Asus T76J Series Notebook Mobile

Intel Calistoga-PM i945PM 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

nVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Realtek ALC660

Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M -

High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF

Intel® 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4

Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller

Ricoh MMC Host Controller

Ricoh xD-Picture Card Host Controller

SCSI/RAID Host Controller

FUJITSU MHW2080BH (80 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)

TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462D (DVD:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (192.168.1.100)

Ricoh RL5C832 IEEE1394 Controller (PHY: Ricoh RL5C832)

now here are the problems

i hv try v1.4i - Intel only 10.4.9 DVD

JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4. 8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.S SE3.PPF.1.Defiant. diskutil.biker880. ich7-R.patch.Integ rated

uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install dvd v1.3

Pcbeta_OSX 10.4.9 8P2137 Live/Install DVD

none of the above mentioned OS can sucessfuly run at my laptop.

BTW, i use VM5.5 to install, because i dont have a DVD disc so far, the same error is "still wait for boot device"...

it is sucks...hope somebody can help me...

thx a million

BTW...it worked on VM 5.5

but when i come to the real boot..

it just stop at "still wait for boot device"..

so confuse about the problem...

isn't OSX works well on INTEL 945P mother board?

hi uphuck

when I installed uphuck 10.4.9 dvd, it runs the install I choces the SEE3, and all the stuff or intel computers.

It installs fine, but when it restart my computer, I gets stuck in darwin boot part.

I try typing -v, -s, ?: but It just blinks and comes back to Boot. Like nothing happens.

I saw some problems with frameworks or something and so panic things but still it installed fine so why doesn't it work?

my pc is :

mb =giga 945 p s3

cpu=core 2 duo 6420

hdd = 40GB IDE

RAM = 1024 MB

Hello, I have just came across this forum because I'm not happy with windows vista. I have a

Hp pavilion dv6458se

AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology TL-60 and 512KB+512KB L2 Cache(2.0 GHz)

160 GB (5400RPM) HDD

2048MB DDR2 SDRAM

nBidia GeForce Go 6150 with 559MB shared graphics memory

Windows Vista Home Premium

802. 11a/b/g/n WLAN

I'm deciding if getting this is the best thing to do. I just want to see if my computer is compatible and if its worth changing to this software. Thank You

I too would like a confirmation on whether or not it works with Final Cut Studio 2.

Also, if it's not too inappropriate, are there any demonoid invites available or are requests totally ignored..

If so, please send it to mcgurk67 AT yahoo DOT com (I agree it's lame to include an e-mail with the request but I wanted to expedite the transaction (if there's to be one))

Thank you for the info, I was about to come here looking for advice to fix that same issue. :(

Cheers

Hi Everyone.

Uphuck - thnx for this DVD image, I'm really into learning new stuff with computer, such as OS'.

Anyway - The installation goes through smoothly but after reboot I just get a command prompt asking what I boot form.

I select the location with my OSX installation - hd(0,1) - and press enter but the screen just refreshes and the same thing isdisplayed. I've tried adding the -v switch, but the same thing happens. When I press ? for help all I get is blank screen telling me to press q or space to exit help.

I'm trying to install on a PC with windows XP on it - on the same hdd. I also have linux on a seperate HDD.

My Specs are:

CPU: Athlon64 3500+ - supporting SSE, SSE2 & SSE3

Mobo: ASUSTek A8R-MVP

Mobo Chipset: ATI Xpress 200 (RS480)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the installation as I install everything except the language translations and Intel CPU stuff.

Any suggestions?

Sorry to bother, but did you manage to pass the spinning logo or kernel panic? I seem to have just about the same problem. I have a Dell Latitude D800 with Intel Pentium Centrino 1.3Ghz 1GRAM 32MB Nvidia GeForce4 4200 Go, Intel Pro 10/100 3100LA Wireless Mini-PCI Card (not working on 10.4.6) what else? oh 40GB splited 20GB Mac Journaled + 20GB XP SP2.

I installed it correctly (supposedly), everything works like a charm, but after rebooting it keeps the spinning logotype forever and it stalls on the same as you, the file (ISO) has correct cheksums, everything is ok.

What could it be?

Please send me some help.

I have tried the 10.4.6 and it works ok, but since in 10.4.6 i can't seem to install my RT2560 Belkin Wireless G Notebook card i dont have i-net so i read here in XP and then try back in OSX..

HELP PLEAZE!!!

• 2 months later...

hi all.

i am so happy that i can reply something..

i get a problem with installing Mac OSX in my PC computer.

i have already downloaded JaS something something that can install Mac OSX .

but there shown..

hi men tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

Enabling INTEL features

Startard timeslicing quantuem is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap:383999 free pages

mig_table_max_displ:71

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level = 0 later = 0]

AppleACPICPU:ProcessorApicld :0 LocalApicaild=i Enalbed

AppleACPICPU:ProcessorApicld :0 LocalApicaild=i Enalbed

PASSED! ...maximum protection of commpage set ALL

Copyright© 1982,1986,1989,1991,1993

The Regents of the Univercity of Clifornia

using 7864 buffer header and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

Started CPU 01

IOAPIC : Verison 0x14 Vectoers 0:23

ACPI:System state[s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

disabled

Frompath:"uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 3F2E02BC-6827-39B4-9B00-A10706806A8F

Waiting on<dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResouces</sting><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Extension"com.apple.driver.AppleACPIThermal"has no kernel dependency

Apple16x50ACP1:Identifired Serial Port on ACPI Device:UAR1

Apple16x50ACP2:Identifired Serial Port on ACPI Device:UAR2

Apple16x50UARTSync1:Detected 16550AF/C/CF F1F0=16 maxBaud=115200

Apple16x50UARTSync2:Detected 16550AF/C/CF F1F0=16 maxBaud=115200

in6_ifattach_linklocal:failed to configure a link-local address on lo0(errno.55)

in6_ifattach:lo0 failed to attach a linklocal address

USB caused wake event(EHCI)

USBF:60.740 AppleUSBOHC[0x312e000]:startOHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF:60.742 AppleUSBOHC[0x305d800]:startOHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF:60.745 AppleUSBOHC[0x30d0000]:startOHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

Apple Generic PCATADriver:CMD0x1f0,CTR0x3f4mIRQ14

Warning:ATA Drive claims FLUSH CACHE EXT feature support but does not claim Extended LBA feature support

Firewire (OHCI)Vendor ID 1106 ID 3044 PCI now active ,GUID 0000ae6ff0ad0bc , max speed s400

my computer's "settings."

HD : ATA 30gb

CPU : Intel Pentium 4, 3.0GHZ

ram : 1.5gb 667 DDR2

Display : NVIDIA Geforce 7100GS

MB : EliteGroup Extreme PF88

i think maybe a bit old...

can somebody help me to solve it?..

if someone can really install. please add my msn : pavilion55@hotmail.com

thanks for teaching.^^

(my grammar maybe not very well because i am hongkongers . please help me ><" thanks ^^)

&CONFIGURATION&

-------------

Company: HP Compaq

Model No: V3035TU

Processor: Centrino Duo T2250 @ 1.73 GHz [32bit]

RAM : 1536 MB @ 533 MHz

Chipset: Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family

Network Cards:

>Ethernet - Intel PRO/100 VE

VEN_8086&DEV_1092

>Wireless - Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

VEN_8086&DEV_4222

Audio: Conexant High Definition Audio

Graphics: Intel GMA 950

> VEN_8086&DEV_27A2

> VEN_8080&DEV_27A6

Bluetooth: HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Technology

DVD drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N

&RESULTS&

-------

P> On installing Intel kernel :- kernel panic occurs

> On installing Universal kernel :- works fine

> Ethernet and sound drivers OK

> even Bluetooth works

P> But wireless driver didn't work

> nice reduction in the boot time

> Softwares:-

* everyting works fine except Macromedia's Flash 8 professional

* Macromedia's Dreamweaver 8 and fireworks 8 working

* Toast Titanium 8 works

Plz show me path for workable wireless... :)