Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

thank you very much..i success upgrade to 10.4.10 kernel 8.9.1 , but when my cpu usage reach to 100%. my pc suddenly shutdown. how do i to resolve this problem?

im using mainboard albatron PX865PE.

is anyboady have solution.

sorry my english is not good.

GBU post-71163-1188519396_thumb.png

I am running aan a dell E1505 with core duo T2400

intel 950 graphics

sigmatel 900 audio

All USB ports ,firewire working

Dell 1390 true mobile wireless card

broadcom ethernet

1gb of 533 ddr ram

40 gb hitachi sata hd

teac dvd/cd rewrite

I followed the instructions for uphucks 10.4.9v1.4 r3

everything except audio wored out of the box(DVD) except audio and used tortuga's Patch to fix that

my hackintosh blaze's much faster than my xp installation on other partition.

Than you uphuck for a fine install DVD.

;)screen_shot.tiff

Okay, i got it thru. Thanks Ahmed for a damn good tutorial.

here's the steps that i took. (for SSE2 intel guys only, may work on amd too, but i didnt test it yet)

1. install the 10.4.9 (kernel 8.8.1) and DONT UPDATE THE KERNEL YET or it wont boot 10.4.10

2. install the 10.4.10 (still kernel 8.8.1)

3. update the kernel to 8.9.1 (use the System.kext from 10.4.10)

You will notice that "About this Mac" crashes after 10.4.10 update. But dont worry, reinstall the 10.4.4 Loginwindow from your dvd.

if your system profiler crashes, get "Colonel System Profiler Patch"

and walla !!

turns out 10.4.10 just doesn't like my graphics card. nvidia geforce 7300 gs. i'm going back to 10.4.9. oh well though. not much difference really. but it's gonna keep bugging me to update. alas...

You probably need to add you're device id to some drivers and maybe update natit or whatever enabler that you use. My favorite is NVinject. Get it from here: http://lemamouth.free.fr/NVinject/

so far i can't even get the nvinject kext working. when it boots, i have my dektop background, but the finder bar and the dock are gone. my hotspots still work though. but i can't actually open any applications or anything. and it's like there's "more" desktop space to the left. maybe i'll try diaboliks...

hi guys!

I need a little help..

I used JAS 10.4.8 updater from 10.4.6. Everything works in this 10.4.8 version except safari. I tried to follow the steps provided by ahmad but I get an error when running the delta installer. It asks me to try installing again. I ignore that and went back to terminal to put the backed up kext and mach_kernel but all I get is "Illegal Instruction".

Can somebody tell me what causes this? and maybe a fix.

Thanks.

Well although this update worked for the Dell Latitude D600, it doesn't seem to yet be successful for the Dell Latitude C840 I have just performed it on. After once again following the instructions as annotated, I ran into an issue after the reboot where the machine will boot to the gray apple and the litte grayish pinwheel will spin, then for some unknown reason a thin line will appear at the bottom of the screen like a bad refresh rate was selected and the frozen image on the screen will fade away. This will leave me with a blank screen.

At this time I am attempting to determine what is causing this - if anyone else has encountered it please let me know. If I figure out I will report results back here. I am doing a -v -f as we speak.

### UPDATE ###

As I performed a F8 -v -f it ran it's course. Upon loading what looked to be NVidia drivers, even in console the grayish screen appeared and faded into the console like it was a realtime burn of the screen itself. I did see some errors regarding diskarb, but I am not concerned with those.

I reboot with a -v -x to see what else I might run into. One error that was notable was:

in6_ifattach_linklocal: failed to configure a link-local address on lo0 (errno=55)

in6_ifattach: lo0 failed to attach a linklocal address

I am researching this error now to see what resolution can be taken. For the timebeing, I will probably delete the NVidia kexts to see if I can boot the screen without an apparent kernel panic.

### UPDATE ###

Ok, so far as I can tell, when the 10.4.9 update was run, it apparently scheduled the system to default to the NVidia drivers that I believe I formerly deleted from the system. Because of this, it would scramble itself on boot. If you run into this problem when updating from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 on the same or similar system, look at booting with an F8 and the -v -s commands. Type use the file modification options listed on the MOTD message that pops up atop the root# prompt. Then do type cd /system/library/extensions and do an ls -a . This will give you a listing of that directory. Look for ANY files beginning with NVDA and do a rm -rf on them. From there, all you should have to do is a reboot and the system should startup as normal.

### UPDATE ###

Question: Did anyone's update leave their system slow to accomplish simple point-and-click operations such as clicking on the Apple at top left and selecting "About This Mac"? Additionally, did anyone have their application open off-screen?

Thanks to you, I now have 10.4.10 up and running on my dell c840. You are a life saver !!!!!!! :

I did everything just like in the tut. But once I rebooted It gets passed the gray screen, but... once its about to log in, it takes me to a black screen with like a terminal.That says Floating Exception and some other stuff, can anyone help. I also installed the login window 10.4.4 after like 5 reboots.

Hi all,

Updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9- OK

Updated from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10-OK but System Profiler crash every time i ran it.

Kernel update from 8.8.1 Semthex to 8.9.1 universal-OK but System Profiler crash every time i ran it and no battery status in menu bar...

Any ideas???

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M7405 - Centrino